This post is written to mark one or two milestones that has been achieved recently. In fact, the date for today itself which is the 1st of May has plenty of significance too. The most obvious one of course is that today’s International Worker Day/May Day/Labour Day, an official public holiday in Malaysia and most of the countries around the globe celebrating the struggle of the working class/labour in securing equal opportunities and fair wages. The labour class: foundation of modern, forward society. In addition, the year 2010 is actually the 120th anniversary of International Worker’s Day! What a momentous year for labour movements!
International Worker’s Day Commemoration Stamp by GDR, celebrating 100th Anniversary of International Worker’s Day on 1st of May, 1990. So by that extension, 2010 is the 120th Anniversary of International Worker’s Day! Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which perspective you are in), GDR ceased to exist about 5 months later and Iron Curtains starts falling all over Eastern Europe before USSR itself is dead. Oh well, at least Socialist Arts are very much appeals to my liking.
As for personal milestones/events of note, today marks my final week for me as an undergraduate in USM before I head home on next Saturday (8th of May). Let the countdown starts ticking! Besides that, this post is actually the 300th entry (as shown by my blog’s Dashboard) of my blog! 300 entries in 3 years of me blogging! (One thing I should note though is that despite the 300, the posts that you can actually read and had access to in my blog are probably less than that because as far as I remember, there are actually a few blogposts which I had taken down before and remained as drafts. But nevermind about that, it’s 300!) From my original intention of founding this blog as a window for friends and family to keep up with the latest news and events of mine, this ever trusty blog of mine had been chronicling various bits and pieces of my life especially my undergraduate life as a BATI student faithfully for the past 3 years (actual anniversary not yet though, It’s in late june/early july back to my very first post) and it is serving me well as an well-needed escape from reality and a sanctuary for self-expression, rants to vent out frustration in life as well as other random thingamajiggy. Looks like this blog of mine will be accompanying me for years to come probably until the medium of blogging is actually dead and replaced by some other random modern technologies. We’ll see and remember to stay tuned for more updates from me!!!
But of course whenever the number 300 comes up, it will lead to yet another famous quote as depicted by this cautionary reminder.
Last but not least…
After much procrastination (I would term it as…the “courage gathering” process.), I finally got myself together and finish filling up the form. Bought RM60 postal order as payment for registration fee, quadruple checked all the prerequisite documents and personal details etc before submitting it to IPS.
Ah Pheng submitted her application form first. The submission process is swift if you hand it in directly over the counter at IPS in person and the people there will go through the application forms on site. One important reason that I stayed back in USM during exam week (besides the fact that I still have one paper to go)
As one chapter of my life (namely 3 years of my undergraduate life) closes, a new, exciting chapters of life is slowly unfolding…fingers crossed for swift approval and notification from IPS so that I can move back to campus and settled down ASAP to continue my POSTGRADUATE LIFE!
Epilogue: Meanwhile, financial support for my postgraduate programme still hangs in balance: No reply from JPA (yet, and I had been spamming the person in charge’s mailbox for so many time already in which all earlier attempt had been bounced back because of full inbox over there. WTF) regarding the delaying of my service bond with the government after graduating as well as JPA Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies has relatively prohibitive requirements. Looks like I have to consider USM Fellowship soon…
No comments:
Post a Comment