Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Almost halfway exam/uni life update. *sigh*

Finally, I have enough inspiration and material to blog about......and here comes my almost halfway exam/uni life update *sigh*!!!!!! (yes, with the added sigh.)

Update one: exam. Impact analysis of HBT104 paper.
Last week Saturday(3rd of November) was my HBT104 Contemporary English Grammar exam. And I am shocked. I totally didn't expect it to be this hard and this is only the very first CORE paper through my 3 years course.

The first part: semi OK i think. (A is compulsory, chose 2 out B,C, and D, contribute 40 marks)
A: Identifying noun, verb, adjective, adverb, preposition. (sort of ok but not really)
B: Correct form of the words(I can do most of it. Btw, whats the noun form of the word inhale?)
C: Substitute phrasal verb into one words that convey the same meaning. (this is also sort of can but actually not really)
D: Fill in the blank with correct preposition. (I choose ABC to do so automatically this question ignored)

Second part: HERE COMES THE SHOCKER!!!!! (A is compulsory, chose 2 out B,C, and D, contribute 60 marks)
A:Identify and list down the function of punctuation in the passage (SHIT, I missed one lecture of that part.) And also substitute the underlined phrase/words with a clause and state the type of clause used [Noun clause, Adjective Clause, Adverb Clause] (DEATH. Totally.)
B: Conversion between Active and passive sentence, Conversion between direct and reported speech. (I studied hard for this part, and i really hope i didn't screwup this part.)
C. Identify simple, compound, complex sentences and analyse the part that constitute the sentences. (WORSE THAN DEATH. NEXT PART PLEASE!!!!! So i didn't do this part)
D. Usage of figurative language and identify the meaning within the text context. (This part is very blur even though i have some sort of clue on how to do it...so i did it anyway.)

Overall: DEEP SHIT. I am not so sure why, but there are a few people in my course that leave the exam hall earlier!!! Walao!!!! I stayed right to the end and do multiple check again and again trying to scrape as much marks as I can!!!(and endure the freezing exam hall in the process) Well, at least i perservered. And two of my unfortunate coursemate was blog from exam due to low attendance rate.(no idea who they are)

Update two: general everyday life thingy.
After HBT104, i have a 9 day break before another exam came, (Next monday, 12 Nov) and serious laziness and boredom sinks into my otherwise should-be-studying mind. I have been online like every single morning within this week taking advantage of the lacking presence of people in the cafe due to exam.(or there isn't any crowd in the morning anyway). But i have the feeling that more shit will come very soon especially TITAS(13 of Nov, almost zero notes to study with) and HBT 100 Pengenalan Teori dan Praktik terjemahan. (16 of Nov, DEATH.)

Besides that, I got back my HBT100 second assignment.(Translating means translating cultures) (Thanks to my roommate, Ben) and the result is..........

C+

OMG.
It feels like I am almost OK but still one step behind the acceptable level, the sudden feeling of not enough sinks in right after i get read through my assignment. What makes my feeling even worse is the commentary by lecturer in charge, Dr. Rokiah:(translated from BM)

A very interesting piece of writing (YAY). Unfortunately, you didn't answer the question fully because you didn't touch on the cultural aspect that need to take into concern during the translation of an operative text. (.......*cry*......). And also, state the reference within the text. (*stabbed*)

So the first thing that i do after reading through my assignment: drag my laptop down to cafe and start BLOGGING. Finally another blog-worthy story!!!! ROFLMAO.

p.s. 1: Universiti Sains Malaysia is rated by MOHE/MQA as the best university in the nation with the rating of 5 star. (excellent) We beat the veteran UM and UKM!!!!!!! YESS!!!!!!! So proud of my alma mater!!!!! Kamilah anak bumi Minden yang cemerlang, gemilang dan terbilang!!!!!!

ps. 2: AIESEC USM B.U.D.A.Y.A. project: I am in the publicity team and dang!! Yet another responsiblility!!! It could have come on better time lar wei!!!!!






No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...