And here I am, sitting at one of the plugpoints at DK foyer, taking a break from translating 2 page-full-and-no-double-spacing legal document as tutorial assignment, onlining much and blogging about a few random realization through these few hours of sitting at DK foyer. Here goes:
1. A translation student can actually be much stronger (physically and mentally) that how we look. The basis?
i) Very often, we need to lug not just one, but more dictionaries along when going for class/tutorial, doing assignment at other places and exam. Like what happen to me now for example.
ii) Searching through the endless row of shelves, finding the reference book needed for assignment...and the wait for the book to be photostated...followed by the laborious fervor in reading through all these notes, highlighting the key points and jotting it down...but you know whats the worse? Only to find out that the book was borrowed by someone or simply the book is not there. Mental torture it is.
iii) ...and all so-puzzling-text that we need to translate. As what I am now as well. And sometimes you just had to push the time further to finish translating the text. Defining pushing the physical and mental limit.
2. Legal translation are mind boggling to the max. As if the original legal text in English is not brain-twisting enough with all the legal-lingo, translating into the target language which is Malay gives you an even more mind-boggling experience. Just to give you all a little impression on what am I talking about:
Arbitrator - Penimbangtara
Non-disclosure- Ketakdedahan
Obligation - Obligasi (?!)
Counterpart (in legal term) - Kaunterpart (erm...what?)
and so on...
Non-disclosure- Ketakdedahan
Obligation - Obligasi (?!)
Counterpart (in legal term) - Kaunterpart (erm...what?)
and so on...
3. *edit* I found out that how dependent am I on the Internet and a proper internet connection: it's the thing that will keep me glued to my seat, staring at the comp screen and actually doing something...like ASSIGNMENT for example. And my room without an internet connection is indeed KILLING ME and MY ACADEMICS.
4. And oh yeah, my laptop lifespan officially reduced to 10-bloody-fucking minutes only. SCREW ALL PEOPLE THAT TRIP OVER MY WIRE ALL THE TIME AND FRYING MY LAPPIE BATTERY.
Anyway, this 4 hour had been one very fruitful one because I manage to finish up at least half of the tutorial assignment already. Had to keep up this momentum! And my assignment trip is not without visitors, ranging from juniors to fellow PPMS to AIESEC-ers...in which THEY CHASE ME AWAY (not in a bad way but still) FROM MY ORIGINAL MYSPACE because they book the place for their booth. *fuming*
...and I was relegated to MYSPACE mini with a random exam table located somewhere at the side. Its pretty much inadequate for my need.
Nevertheless, I did move on with my onlining+assignment session and I do get a better connection over here than my previous MYSPACE. Oh well.
AIESEC-ers (Rubini, Serena and YinWei along with the Dutch Ambassador), busying preparing the softboard for booth and exhibition.
A random snap of my RED bag and RED pencil case. Hey I do deserve to chill out while doing my assignment, right?
I thinks that enough for today. Its way too late already (1am) and I need to lug myself as well as my heavy bag to Tekun?! OMGZ!
*adding new photo*
Lonely walk back to Tekun at 1pm in the morning...
4. And oh yeah, my laptop lifespan officially reduced to 10-bloody-fucking minutes only. SCREW ALL PEOPLE THAT TRIP OVER MY WIRE ALL THE TIME AND FRYING MY LAPPIE BATTERY.
Anyway, this 4 hour had been one very fruitful one because I manage to finish up at least half of the tutorial assignment already. Had to keep up this momentum! And my assignment trip is not without visitors, ranging from juniors to fellow PPMS to AIESEC-ers...in which THEY CHASE ME AWAY (not in a bad way but still) FROM MY ORIGINAL MYSPACE because they book the place for their booth. *fuming*
...and I was relegated to MYSPACE mini with a random exam table located somewhere at the side. Its pretty much inadequate for my need.
Nevertheless, I did move on with my onlining+assignment session and I do get a better connection over here than my previous MYSPACE. Oh well.
AIESEC-ers (Rubini, Serena and YinWei along with the Dutch Ambassador), busying preparing the softboard for booth and exhibition.*adding new photo*
Lonely walk back to Tekun at 1pm in the morning...
Passing through Aman Damai...

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment