Saturday, 9 August 2008

[Filler] The Road to Mandalay

Prologue: First post in August...and its filler?! Lack of inspiration, lack of time, lack of energy, lack of motivation...lets just say the past week had been extremely TORMENTING...no, its an understatement. Things had been slightly better since then, but the worse has yet to come...




The Road To Mandalay- Robbie Williams


Save me from drowning in the sea
Beat me up on the beach
What a lovely holiday
There's nothing funny left to say

This sombre song would drain the sun
But it won't shine until it's sung
No water running in the stream
The saddest place we've ever seen

Everything I touched was golden
Everything I loved got broken
On the road to Mandalay
Every mistake I've ever made
Has been rehashed and then replayed
As I got lost along the way

There's nothing left for you to give
The truth is all that you're left with
Twenty paces then at dawn
We will die and be reborn

I like to sleep beneath the trees
Have the universe at one with me
Look down the barrel of a gun
And feel the Moon replace the Sun

Everything we've ever stolen
Has been lost returned or broken
No more dragons left to slay
Every mistake I've ever made
Has been rehashed and then replayed
As I got lost along the way

Save me from drowning in the sea
Beat me up on the beach
What a lovely holiday
There's nothing funny left to say.

This is the song that I chose for my presentation in LHP459: English for Interpretation. When listened to it at Pusat Bahasa and Terjemahan, a certain familiarity struck into me: this is the song that they used in the Korean Air commercial for their new flight attendant uniform!!! And immediately I chose the song as my topic of presentation. *Bum bum bum Ba Ra Ra Bum Bum!!*





Epilogue:...and one of the source of torment (Needed one, but still tormenting) is the assignment deadline and I have 3 more (HBT103 First Assignment, LHP459 Presentation, LAE200 Short Essays) to catch next week. I AM OFFICIALLY IN DESPAIR NOW...despite the fact that I took certain action to alleviate my torment...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fr ur article, i can see the reflection of mine when i m in year 2.u have a strong passion for language,yet u are in despair now.i believe u jz need to free urself fr stress.i jz cant imagine how am i going to handle it,but God knows.

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

year two as in primary 2 or form 2? LOL. or 2nd year in uni?

Anyway please don't be discouraged by my rant in my blog...after all, my blog is one of my tool to relieve my stress. And of course there will be time in anyone's life to be up or down. Just, be prepared and know what is time management. the reason that i am suffering now is because of my very-lacking time management.

Hmm...i think i need to write a more positive post after this...

Anonymous said...

hahhahah...i know it's grammatical mistake.heh, don't have to write positive article,jz b urself la!!i have made decision,i don't want to give up in Bati!i love Japanese class in Pusat Bahasa dan Terjemahan.i love the scenery there.as far as i concern, there is the reason to attract me to stay in usm!

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...