So, what exactly happened 3 days ago, 16th of September anyway?
It just so happen that exactly 45 years ago, on the meaningful date of 16th of September 1963, two British colony covering a huge area north of the island of Borneo, a place lush of untouched rainforests, crisscrossed by rivers and with peaks and highland standing tall, a place blessed with wealth, both on land and sea, the land with rich with diversity unseen, joined together hand in hand with their newly independant compatriot acrossed South China Sea to create a whole new nation, echoing to the idea of our forefathers from both side of land to build a new home for all of us. This two former British colonies are now called Sabah and Sarawak, our compatriot over South China Sea was called Malaya while the new nation and a new home for lots of us, ladies and gentlemen, is called MALAYSIA.
(Unfortunately a whole lot of thing happened though since then, from disowning one of the brothers because he is too rebellious, followed by a sudden stroke which since then effecting his rationale and occasionally causing him to have fits of rage while in the meantime consolidating more control over the household, especially over the two younger sibling...oh well, a family is a family...)
Most of the people didn't know or deliberately forgot about this meaningful day and the spirit embodied with it...
The day itself is definitely lacking in fanfare and pomps compared to 31st of August...
In fact, everything went on as usual and with everyone going through respective life.
But I know that as long as I am here...
...I will never forget... (well maybe for a while like this but not too long)
...that 16th of September is Malaysia Day.
Persekutuan Malaysia (Federation of Malaysia)Celebrating 45th years of Brotherhood, Solidarity and Unity.
Meraikan ulangtahun ke-45 Semangat Persaudaraan, Perpaduan dan Kesatuan.
Meraikan ulangtahun ke-45 Semangat Persaudaraan, Perpaduan dan Kesatuan.
Happy (belated) Malaysia Day.
Unfortunately, this already quiet day had been overwhelmed by numerous political meneuvering happening in the political scene, mostly a certain someone that is bent to unleashed his so called masterplan (even though he already hold back his trump card...for now...)
And seriously, I still have no idea why certain sectors of people are actually looking forward for the plan to be unleashed or getting riled up over squabbling politician.
Leave the Spirit of 16th September alone.
Epilogue: Download kinda slow. Sometimes I just hate connection over istimewa...and I pray for the safety of Malaysia. And nothing bad will happen in Malaysia...
And seriously, I still have no idea why certain sectors of people are actually looking forward for the plan to be unleashed or getting riled up over squabbling politician.
Leave the Spirit of 16th September alone.
Epilogue: Download kinda slow. Sometimes I just hate connection over istimewa...and I pray for the safety of Malaysia. And nothing bad will happen in Malaysia...


No comments:
Post a Comment