Sorry to say, it turn out to be the worst case scenario.
My old (as in 6 years old because previously it belongs to my cousin) laptop, which had been faithfully serving me for the past two years finally had a shock of its life (literally) and could not be revived even after my cousin (an E&E engineer) tried to cheat death using his own ingenuity. And it's all because of the faulty adapter.
Kinda expected that my laptop will finally succumb to old age but still, ending it's life through unexpected event like this still pains me. But I know I will come to term slowly.
Luckily the whole event didn't go even worst though because its harddisk is still in working shape and I can savage the harddisk (with most of the data intact. Great) and resurrect (and I did resurrected it) in the form of external harddisk. So, yeah, not all hope is lost.
Another outcome of this unexpected event is that I finally got myself a brand new laptop, using my own money. (Technically it's government's money but hey, I earned it too!) It's a Toshiba Satellite L310, with Intel Centrino microprocessor, 4gb RAM (after a free upgrade) and Window Vista Basic. Definitely need sometime to get used to the new Vista look and function...But one thing that I discovered though is that it has no Infrared sensor. It means that I can't transfer photo from my handphone to laptop cos my phone is pretty ancient (using infrared) and my laptop (and possibly everyone else's handphone and laptop) is equipped with Bluetooth. Now should I get a new handphone or a digital camera?
So how do I come to to this purchase anyway? This is the outcome after going through almost all major shopping mall and electronic haunts with the help of my cousin who is driving, starting from Sunshine Bayan Baru, Midland Plaza, Gurney Plaza before finally settling the purchase over Prangin Mall. It was basically a whole day escapade from breakfast to lunch until dinner.
The outcome of the whole day shopping trip: a bill worth RM2600++ (Borrowed his credit card to pay first), a new laptop, discovering a couple of hidden gem of Penang (places to eat.) as well as finding that the spiral ramp to the Parking lot in Prangin Mall is CRAZY.
My concern right now: how do I transfer money into his account? Should I do manually by depositing hard cash over bank (the nearest branch of his bank, Public Bank is at Sungai Nibong...) or I should use online banking. Right! I do use Bank Islam Online Banking....eons ago.
...What was my ID and password again?
HOW THE HELL DO I FORGOT ALL ABOUT IT?!!!!!! TRIED TO LOGIN USING POSSIBLE NAMES TO NO AVAIL...invalid login invalid login invalid login ad nauseam...
NOW I FEEL LIKE A DUMBSHIT.
Maybe I should just use the manual way...or should I call up their call centre?
Epilogue: My cousin actually quipped throughout the shopping trip that I need to Panasonic Toughbook or laptop or similar toughness/durability due to the fact that I can still damages the old laptop's hinges despite being solid Titanium. I feel...slightly insulted but yeah I do admit I can be quite an abusive user but after this whole ordeal I think I will love my new properly and carefully...
No comments:
Post a Comment