...because I totally not doing any productive work. In fact the closest thing to the word productive today is 1) downloading the Hetalia doujin that I didn't manage download two days ago. 2) laundry using washing machine 3) Finally downloading [Goku] Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OVA 4) writing this particular blogpost. *sigh* I didn't even venture out 1 km radius from my room and the furthest that I reached today is (as always) Istimewa for my staple onlining routine.
I believe we all know who did Itoshiki Sensei refering to over here. Yup, totally doesn't match the original. Social commentary at it's best!
Picture shamelessly grabbed from Jaya's Facebook page when his coursemate tagged him. Fellow BATI seniors graduated on Thursday 13th of August and I dropped by to fulfill the duty bestowed on me by Miss SzeSze of Suomi as a postman to sent her gift to Jaya and ChengYan. To be honest, I was really excited but not without a tinge of sadness at the same time to see all of them receiving their scroll from Pro-Chancellor over life broadcast on TV. I mean, all these people that I know (OK, not that I know all of them but still!) will heading off to seperate ways in life, whether to further their studies into Masters (like Kak Mel) or into the working world. Then I looked at myself. Oh gosh. Just one more year to go before I myself will be wearing my own graduation robe (with pink sash!), receiving my scroll from Pro-Chancellor in Dewan Tunku Syed Putra before going off to seperate ways in life. The thought of it alone...its really terrifying. I have a feeling that I will cry like no one's business on my graduation day. Hatiku sudah mula berasa terharu dan tersebak.
Now that all the passion is over, I should be concentrating in various thing to I should be concentrate on, like completing forum report about The Effect of Language Planning and Translation towards the Development of National Language in Malaysia. I think I will do it on my own despite the fact that it is a group forum report because fate (to be precise Dr Anis) had arranged me the worst group forum members combination EVER and the presentation is totally everywhere trying to cover 2 large topics (another one was The Effect of Cultural Interaction towards Mother Tongue Users in Malaysia) until Kak Hidayah (Dr Anis' assistants. Luckily it was her handling the tutorial cos by stroke of fate, Dr Anis can't make it. I would have just died if it was Dr Anis.) said that we should concentrate in one topic for report which happen to be my topics. So here I am, trying to read up as much as possible before I actually starts writing. But I have a feeling that my bed has some kind of a magic that actually makes me procrastinate and nap whenever I actually tried to read something on bed to the point that I didn't manage to read anything at all. OMFG. Currently reading: Language and Society in Malaysia (Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka 1982) by Asmah Haji Omar, one of the most renowned Malay Linguist in Malaysia. Trying to justify the reason behind the selection of BM as national language.Epilogue: 最近我发现到一个事实:中文翻译无论是从中文翻译去外语或外语翻译去中文都是非常困难的。应该是因为自己的中文程度自中六起大幅度降低,还是中文本身的语法是非常难以捉摸的(吴教授说中文古文本身原本都没有什么语法可是都还能带出各种涵义。),或者是自己本身对中文没什么热情。咳,加油加油吧,我!
No comments:
Post a Comment