Prologue: Just four more days to go…just four more days before I am going back to the crappy little Pearl Island and all the hussle bussle of crappy reality will come straight at you in your face. FML. And I can already feel some of it today.
First and foremost, public service announcement. Attention fellow USM-ers! The full result for our semester examination is out! As usual, please login to your Healthycampus account, click My Profile, go under My Academic and click either Cangred (by type/by sem) or Semgred (choose 091) to look at the full details of your own result. And have all of you registered your courses yet? If not, (and for those who already did, need to add in/delete courses) as usual login to your Healthycampus account, go under Application and choose E-Daftar to proceed with course application. The system is open until 27 December and til then we can edit the course registered as many times as we wanted. For fellow final year students, make sure the courses registered for the final semester are correct and…work hard and make the fullest for the final semester!
Ok enough about public service announcement. So how do I fare in the end for the semester examination? There are no other adjectives to appropriately describe my performance this time except being UTTERLY DISASTROUS. Clue number one: I am out of Dean’s List. Again. Even though I already expected this outcome to happen based on how reality turned out last semester (CRAP), I was still left in SHOCK and DISMAY when I checked my result today. What I didn’t expect is how BAD is the EXTENT of it. Clue number two: The pointer. GPA. As well as the CGPA (total since the first semester I am in USM.). It’s HORRENDOUS. It’s 3.24. *Yes yes yes I know there are people who’s gonna be worse than me but this is about me so cut me some slack and let me rant about, OK?*
I removed my IC number and matrix number for this screenshot. lol it seamlessly merge with the image. Wait, this is not the focus of the picture! Semgred for my Academic Year 2009/2010 1st semester examination results. Click the pic to see for yourself the exact grade for each individual subjects. Grr, just look at these grade still makes my blood boil!
And the outcome of this semester’s result had an ever more far reaching, DISASTROUS (this word and other similar adjective will appear quite frequently) effect towards my Cummulative GPA. The CGPA-AT (PNGK-AT in BM) which took into account only the major subjects is looking even worse than ever shows an constantly downward spiral while the CGPA had took a grave blow from the HORRENDOUS looking 3.24 this semester and for the first time, went below the 3.50 mark and hanging there by a thread with 3.49. 3.49! OMFG FML.
Now that the dust is settled and reality had claimed its victim, it all boiled down to one simple question: WHAT EXACTLY WENT WRONG? If I would list down all every single POSSIBLE reason what exactly went wrong, it would have took me forever to write this so here I would just list down some main technicality reasons first. First and foremost, I only took 15 units last semester and with all the minors, university paper and elective covered, I only left with major papers. Now, one downside of having smaller amount of units is that each paper would have contribute a higher proportion of GPA if compared with taking more unit and/or subjects. This might work against you if you score mediocre…which is exactly what happened to me. HBT213 (4 units) – B. With its proportion of unit, it’s already enough to drag everything when two other subjects: LHP453 and LHP455 finally sealed my fate. This, is how technicality got me.
Besides technicality, there are other *personal* reasons as well (which can be easily misconstrued/distorted into speculation/conspiracy/accusation/grudge etc etc…or maybe IT IS. One way or the other.) and it is obviously directed to THOSE 3 SUBJECTS that went wrong. The only thing that I want to say here is that these 3 subjects is where everything went wrong through the semester and contributed to most of the heartache/headache that I had to endure. Yes, EVERY SINGLE THING. MYSELF and EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY ELSE. Other external factors exist as well and it’s the same thing that I said before. Just…SCREW IT. SCREW EVERYTHING THAT SCREWED ME INCLUDING MYSELF.
By looking at my DISASTROUS performance, there’s only one last semester for me to reclaim some ground and stop this downward spiral. Need to work hard especially my final year projects! Now, where should I start off…? Need to eliminate potential heartache factor first in order to concentrate on major issue…
Epilogue: Too many pictures, quite an amount of idea, too little time to blog (lol I wonder how many times that I repeated this)…and time is running out for me back in Kuching! I need more outing before I go back to face reality! I CAN DRIVE! *desperate plea*
No comments:
Post a Comment