I believe it's about time to update my blog especially since now that I had settled down everything in Penang a couple of days ago.
Next: classes so far. The classes are so far so good. Miraculously, absolutely no timetable crashes and queuing at the office again to update the course registered. Every single timeslot come into place smoothly...provided no one else (that had problem with it) messed around with it. No actual teaching or tutorial will start this week as the lecturer need to run through course introduction and ironing all the kinks that might happen related to timetable etc so these two days had been slacking so much. Well, that might be the only time that I can truly slack before everything come into full swing next week with all the lectures and tutorial starting and all the knowledge start piling in. Lecturer wise so far so good. This week's class starts with Dr Noni's Interpreting class. Can see that she is trying to bring in new change into our course...by leaving use to decide on what should we do for the group assignments! Not much of guideline for it except a tentative plan involving a movie adapted from a Mitch Albom's work, Tuesdays with Morrie. Might involve subtitling/dubbing if there is a chance. LOL Selasa bersama Morrie? Next is the LHPs. Had Spoken English and Eng. for Translation classes today, both tutored by seemingly cultured, refined with English-y upbringing individuals, a gentleman who loves equestrian named En. Syed Yusof for 456 and (as usual) ladylike Assoc Prof Dr. Tengku Sepora for 458. Come to think of it, is En. Syed Yusof the one that Pete mentioned before as Dr. Leelany husband, the deputy dean (Acedemic) for PPBLT/SoLLaT? And while En Syed Yusof will be moving on very soon to another deputy dean post (Jaringan Industri dan masyarakat), Dr. Tengku Sepora will be taking the helm as deputy dean (academic) for SoLLaT. lol I am going to have powerful people teaching. As for tomorrow, I heard that the lecture for CAT will only start next week so I guess I won't get to know Dr. Wan Rose personally this week. But first tutorial for HBT 305: FYP will start (I think) so I wonder what will Dr. Haslina talk about. Hope won't get fried to much and can't wait for the distribution of work!
Lastly, miscellaneous: Despite waiting for more than a month already back at home patiently waiting for my turn for using home PC and toiling during my short trip back in Penang during early December before discovering that the repair order slip as well as my receipted were misplaced into one of my box which I left in my hostel during semester break and hence can finally enquire about the status of my laptop whether is it done or not, THE LAPTOP IS NOT DONE. IT'S EFFING NOT DONE. The explanation given: they are still waiting the LAN port part (which was fried being struck by lightning 2 semester holiday ago) to ship here to Penang but the screen damage is already done. My reaction: O.0 WTF. Hey Teledynamics, WHERE THE HELL you ship that LAN port part from? Japan? China? USA? Timbuktu? Premier solution provider MY FOOT. And to add the anger, it took four calls (Teledynamics Penang Centre) before you peepz can actually give a reply?! That's it. One week is the limit that I can give now and after that I will take it back for use after new year. I will definitely need that laptop to do my work especially my final year project. My life in final semester depends on that laptop now! And now that I have the official order slip safely back with me with contact info, it's going to be very useful to hound on them next week! *Grr!*
I guess that's all for now. Expect probably one most post soon before the curtain falls for 2009 and will be most likely about summarizing whatever happened in 2009 before heading towards 2010!
Epilogue: And most probably I am going to spent my last day of the year in front of CC's computer just to blog about it. Dang, I have no plan what so ever and the unruly Penang Ah Beng revelers that sprays foam on anyone and anything while making a ruckus over countdown party is totally a turn off. Those useless dicks. Guess I will spent my last day of the year...alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment