While I was uploading my photos back in Kuching on my Facebook (to be precise, Downtown Kuching with Bro 11 Dec), I came across all the pictures that I took about the White Rajah's era building (The old court house, the square tower.). The Brooke era had always been a fascinating part of Sarawak history for me and certainly a way different path of history if compared to the rest of Malaysia. In a sense, it's a romance of an explorer to have a private Kingdom across lands and rivers and rainforest on a tropical island in south east asia. One anecdote of history which I have great interest in is the anthem for Sarawak post-Malaysia: Fair Land Sarawak. But I can't seems to find it last time over the internet. This time with a little hope, I went back to Youtube to search for it to see any creative user created anything about it. And there it is...a video featuring the instrumental version of it. Sure, it was in midi format and juxtaposed with an 3d render of the Kingdom of Sarawak flag but that's the closest thing now for me to actually sing this anthem. Remain fingers crossed for anybody else to create a better instrumental version of it.
.svg.png)
Kingdom of Sarawak (1841-1946), Colony of Sarawak (1946-1973)

Kingdom of Sarawak's Coat of Arm.
Fair Land Sarawak
We will never cease to honour thee
and with our loyal sons
Defend your liberty
From your high forest hills,
Down to the open sea
May freedom ever reign
Men Live in Unity
Proudly our Flag flies high
above our Country Strong and Free
Long may our Peoples live
in Peace and harmony
The emblem adorning the square tower over Waterfront. Dum spiro, spero. While I breathe, I hope. Haraplah, selagi bernafas.
Epilogue: Just about 6 more days left before I am back on the jet plane to Pearl Island again. What should I do now? *frantic spazz!*
No comments:
Post a Comment