Prologue: Has been raining quite a lot lately. Luckily (some what) that I rejected a limteh session tonight cos otherwise I will be drivin in rain! And ohh, big news in Kuching: a few shops on Gambier Street were burned down by fire last night and as of today when I drop by downtown a for lil spin with my bros, the firefighters are still working in containing the fire. Smokes and Fire Engines! Feel kinda sad as a Kuchingite to see the historical heart of city being hurt especially since the old market along the riverbank had to be torned down to make way for Riverfront esplanade expansion…
Today I learned yet another season’s greeting in another language, namely, Finnish. Hyvaa Joulua means Merry Christmas in Finnish. And how did I know this?
Well of course, it’s season’s greeting from Finland! Santa Claus checking his list of presents and name list of children who had been behaved through the year.
And of course when we talk about Finland, its definitely from Ms Chuah of Suomi! LOL Thanks for the season’s greeting, Birdie!
It’s not just that this is yet another postcard from abroad. This postcard was posted from the Arctic Circle! (And ohh btw, Napapiiri means Polar Circle in Finnish…at least from what I can get from Wikipedia LOL) The Santa Claus peeking from North Pole is due the fact that she sent the postcard from Rovaniemi, Finland which was touted as the home of Santa Claus! And it sure took forever for it to reach here back in Kuching, almost a month from the date stamped on the postcard!
Another thing or in this case, natural/astronomical phenomenon that is famous in Rovaniemi (and north pole in general) is of course the auroras. It is known as Aurora Borealis for North Pole and Aurora Australis for South Pole. I wonder did she witness the aurora herself. As for the stamp itself, the Santa was superimposed just nicely on the graphics of the stamp which makes Santa look shiny lol.
Again, big thanks to Ms. Birdie Chuah of Suomi for sending me season’s greeting. All of us are anticipating you for coming back to tropical Malaysia after spending one whole semester up north! Prepare to get toasted in humid tropical sun LOL! The only thing that I hope now is that she manage to get a flight home since the winter around Europe has been really bad lately which leave thousands of travelers stranded in airport and railway stations amids cancelled flights and schedule. Better keep your fingers crossed for better weather by 27 December!
Epilogue: Meanwhile, I will be flying back to Penang on 26 December…which is this Saturday. OMG 3 more days to go! NO!!!!!!!!!!! *dramatic scream* I haven’t had enough of Kuching!! Don’t drag me back to reality!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment