Sunday, 13 September 2009

Moi moi! Terve from Suomi!

Prologue: ZOMG it's already and I haven't done any substantive progress in my assignment which will be due in two days!? Worst of all, I am still hanging around Istimewa blogging. Priority seriously FAIL. STOP PROCRASTINATING, ME!
Note: This post should be read together with my previous filler post about Finland. But I think it was pretty obvious what do I mean in my previous filler post anyway cos I specifically put down Tampere, which is the whereabout of SzeSze @ Suomi. But yesterday someone from Talinn, Estonia appear in my traffic list...which I deduce should be Ms Chuah SzeSze because her exchange-mate/uni-mate, JCLoi aka YenPheng's housemate posted a blogpost about being in Talinn. I think both of them are on exchange student's trip or something. But still, both of them had been travelling extensively during their time there. I am jealous right now.

OK, the main reason I blogged and glorify Finland in my previous filler post is because of THIS.

Terve! from Tampere, Suomi! Yes, the long awaited postcard from Ms Chuah of Suomi, featuring Näsinneula Observation Tower overlooking Näsijärvi. From my observation here, it seems like the observation tower is located within the perimeter of an amusement park/fairground with the roller coaster track and all which was later confirmed by Wikipedia. And the lake was indeed huge (as SzeSze said), confirming Finland's nickname as Lake country. Great thanks to her for sending a memento/piece of Finland back to peepz here in Malaysia. And ohh, Ms Chong received one as well.

This is what I am referring to when I touched about Moomin in my previous post: a stamp featuring Moominmamma and Moomin. The stamp over YenPheng's postcard is also one of the character in Moomin, Little My. (all reference of course are from Wikipedia. Remember, Internet is your best friend.)

The content written in the postcard itself are just typical greeting and talking about Tampere and such. (No offense, no offense! There isn't much room to write in the postcard anyway. In fact, her writing covers all the available space for writing!) But upon the end of the postcard, there is one phrase that catches my eyes.

Moi moi.






MOI MOI.


MOI MOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*flashes of Axis Powers Hetalia in brain including their yaoi doujins.*

Full regalia of the countries. Anyone wants to know who's who, read its scanlation here and understand their real name and character here and here.

The Scandinavia countries. From left (the light blue uniform): Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Iceland. *credit to Himaruya sensei*

Su x Fin Su x Fin Su x Fin

*hyperventilating*

Note: I spot moomin (obvious), salmiakki (the oddly shaped blob hold by Sweden) and lutefisk (that dead fish) here! The puppy is actually their pet puppy in manga.


*brain melt*

Excessive fantasizing: All in the day's work for a Yaoi Fanboy.

Credit goes to random photosearch over Photobucket and Deviantart by using GoogleImage.

Epilogue: Tonight is fighting night. Will I survive the onslaught or bogged down the constant attack of Procrastinator 6000 and Sleepiness v.10!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...