While I was doing random Youtube Video Surfing about news openings around the globe, (I have no idea why, but I found myself enthralled by the pace and excitement of foreign new opening...especially European one for example BBC. No, should be ESPECIALLY BBC.) I bumped into this one, from BBC Alba, BBC's Scottish Gaelic Television Channel launched in 2008. The discovery of this also enriched my view regarding the promotion of local languages and cultures, reassuring unique cultural identity of Scots. The British Isle is not just made of English speaker but also multiple language community which strives to maintain their respective cultures and identity and having government support is definitely a great boast. So here you go, some video clips from BBC Alba. Maybe I should learn Gaelic lolx.
Channel launching 2008
Alba by Runrig, rearranged by BBC. Featured during the channel launching
BBC An La, their main news programme.Love the incorporation of traditional Gaelic music in the BBC news opening.
Weather, sport and closing of BBC An La. Pay attention to the Gaelic equivalent of various places name in Scotland.
Sometimes I do hope that Malaysian government (through RTM as the national public broadcaster. It is their social responsibility to promote language and culture and not just as government mouthpiece.) would actually do more to promote local languages especially for Sabah and Sarawak and not just limited in radio broadcast. I wonder when can I watch RTM Channel Sarawak from television....
Epilogue: I have a feeling of being caved in alive by everything around me now...especially assignments...but why I am still seeking refuge/breather in the virtual world? I really need to get my priority straight now...
No comments:
Post a Comment