Monday, 7 September 2009

Random post has little theme.

Prologue: PROCRASTINATOR 5000 had upgraded itself to v6000 and had held me in captivity since. Arrgh! I seriously need to get my priority right! My online blogging life had little focus (even though I already have the photo and such ready. Two Sunway blogpost. Status: on hold), my real life is even more in shamble with a couple of deadlines looming on me...and I don't feel like doing anything about it.

First and foremost: A shoutout to Team Jeune from SMK Kuching High! (because all of them are my younger bro's aka Omega Tate Zachary Efron Zince LYH's friends)

Congratulation for being shortlisted as finalist in Upper Secondary Division of Star-Nie Mag Inc 2009 . YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! You guys' work are very professional comparable to real professional publication in the market now. I love how you all did for the graphic presentation. Are all of you ready to study in Taylor's? lolx! Go and make yourself proud!

---------------------------------------------

Another news in Kuching, there is a new sight on the roads of Kuching: a new public bus company is now on the road as a part of the series of plans by the City Council to revive and restructure the slowly diminishing public bus system in Kuching. Will the entry of a couple of new public companies offering up-to-quality public bus service in Kuching can finally stop the non-stop downward spiral of the current Kuching public bus system and bring back the people to take public transportation once again? In my opinion though, I think that public bus service (and all under public transport system) should be under the the management of Municipal Council and/or para-statal because only the government had the power to cushion the operating cost (through subsidizing) without being overtly conscious towards the profit. A service for the people. On another note: this midibus is cute~~~ with it's short body and huge ear (side mirror). And judging from this picture (seat arrangements), I think this bus is a low entry bus and with it's wide window and air-conditioning, this bus will definitely trump all the current bus (though larger but no air conditioning and REALLY OLD) in Kuching now. So when are you guys gonna upgrade your current buses , STC, CLL, Petrajaya, Matang Transport and Bau Transport?

--------------------------------------

Dr Noni modified the way HBT 304 is taught by emphasizing on brushing up our interpretation skill (following Giles effort model of LMNT and ReadRemPro in Simultaneous Interpretation) before we move on to Simultaneous Interpretation next semester which will be very tedious. She also revamped the recording in HBT304: instead of listening to a tape and record our consecutive interpretation, we were given practical situations in which consecutive interpretation occurs such as bilateral situation or during corporate presentation etc. Our last weeks recording: Powerpoint presentation and I presented about anime lolx! And Vincent cheered when I touched about Harem anime lmao! Other groupmates presentation are equally interesting like Kamales with her black magic, Vincent with his *VERY DETAILED* MU and MingChee with swimming which suits her very aptly. While someone is presenting, another person will be chosen as Typical situation in interpretation occurred (as highlighted in the lecture before we head in for recording): the usage of original English word when encountering problem in finding the correct match to translate (especially lexicon with restricted usage) and so on. And all of it are recorded by Dr. Noni! I think this will be very interesting~~~seeing myself and everyone else in camera~~

As for HBT213, we are using the computer lab at C24 for our tutorial as we will be using WordSmith (tm) once in a while for our group assignment.

The tutorial for HBT213 gives a lot of emphasis on group assignment and presentation in tutorial (which unfortunately, most of us are not able to do in time cos whenever there is one group presenting, the discussion of the presentation with Dr Goh will be even longer...so most of the time it ends up as sending the group assignment through email...) And being true to the subjects title: Semantic and Syntax for Translation, every tutorial will involve picking some text from internet (our 1st: Amway, 2nd: Trader's Hotel 3rd: NST online. What will it be for us this week?) and analyzed it within the realm of grammar and meaning...then related to translation. To be frank, its very confusing for all of us even up until now, half of the semester gone. And I never really liked the idea of group work especially when the group synergy feels...not right. Not really sure it's other people's problem or mine, really but I really need to work this out before the effect is beyond repair. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

A sneak peek of Dr. Goh. I sneak in my camera during my previous tutorial to capture scenes from our classroom.

-----------------------------------

An observation around campus: the current first years (Academic year 09/10) is so pampered in APEX USM and here's yet another of their perk: Free Amanah Saham 1MAlaysia for all of them! I wonder how much units of share are they given...

Yet another Green, Lestari effort by USM taken by Saujana Eco-Desa team themselves. But somehow, I can't help but to try to correct things which I think is a mistake (correct me if I am wrong). The slogan "So think live in the earth or on the earth???" could use a couple of punctuation marks to create more impact, like "So think: live in the earth or on the earth?" And no need for the extra question marks. And what else? "...for our body" or "to our body" or "towards our body" or "...on our body" ? Opinion please~~~

---------------------------------------

I had been indulging myself with too much luxury food sometimes that it kinda makes feel guilty towards my own body especially my growing waist line. Like this Chick-a-licious set at Marrybrown for example with sized-up drink and fries.

...and I had been eating Indomee again for both breakfast and supper (opps!) ever since my milk powder run out. Each packet are loaded with MSG~~

And just a few days ago I treat myself with Tesco sushi again...but I wanna mention that it was around 9pm+ after I drop by MingChee's place to do discussion about that darned LHP 455 work which I suddenly remember that sushi after 9pm (or something) will be sold for half of its original price. So off I go to pick up some cheap night snack. Of course the taste will be subpar compared to when it was fresh but nevermind then.

--------------------------------------

It's Bulan Ramadhan again and the main feature of bulan Ramadhan is of course is it's Pasar Ramadhan. This is the time where all kinds of (Malay) food will pop up and we will have a feast whenever its Buka Puasa time. In fact, I settled my dinner for a couple of occasion since the pasar ramadhan started.

The staple of Pasar Ramadhan: Nasi Ayam. But I don't like this stalls sweet sauce and chilli dipping though...which is not sweet nor packed with enough oomph (even for me who is not actually spicy tolerant) at all.

But my best purchase so far is the kebab, not just the Pita bread type but the long bun type. It has been a very long time since I came over to Penang. I always bought kebab (the long bun type) back in Kuching whenever there is a Ramadhan Market. But one thing though: the could have been much more generous on the amount of meat.

--------------------------------------

There is this kitten (in it's teen I think) who lingers around Istimewa for quite a while now and he is one very curious kitty. There is one time he leap on my lap when I was onlining and he is always trying to play with the strap on my bag. Like this one.

...and soon another cat joined in! This was taken last week I think. Kawaii deshou~~~

Epilogue: Online experience in Roti Bakar: The electricity is free, it's air conditioned but there are only two plugs available. The small round table and the Oh-butt-so-hurt chair/stools is not making this any easier. Connection can be sluggish from time to time as well. And I am very curious: why do the waiter there run around to pick up orders? こんな事はなんか不思議...だと思います。。。今お尻が痛い!!!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...