Monday, 21 September 2009

Slow days in silent campus. Random pic spam.

Prologue: Time passes really slowly these days. And yet I am not using it to the fullest by finishing my freelance translation work as well as the pending assignments and yet still onlining. I really need to set my priority right and stop procrastinating. *Then again, how many time that I actually did remains questionable. I believe I repeated this statement way too many times already. Priority FAIL.*

-Monday 21st of September-

Dinner for today: Marrybrown. Luckily Marrybrown and Roti Bakar (as well as the Majujaya Minimart. But not clinic though) still open despite Raya to cater to those people who didn't go home cos otherwise all of us who stayed back in campus would have just died of starvation because all hostel cafe are closed. But then again, spending our money everyday for our meal on these outlet is assaulting our wallet hard.

So I bought a Mamee SLRRRP! Instant Noodle Asam Laksa flavour as ration for the laziness to walk out from the room and giving myself more time to be in front of table. I believe I had shown in my one of my previous blogpost before how to prepare instant noodle meal university student style but I will show it again. Btw, this was my brunch and teatime snack for today.

Prerequisite of preparing instant noodle uni student style: hot water, provided by my kettle.

Unwrapp your instant noodle package...

Break the noodle into half so that it would fit into your steel mug (Oh, large jail-style steel mug is also a prerequisite as well. There are so many things that you can do with a jail-style steel mug.), pour in the flavouring powder from the sachet, pour in the hot water and let it soak in for a couple of minute.

And there you go, instant noodle university student style.

-------------------------------

Saturday 19th of September

Went over to Tesco last Saturday with SanJing and PeiYii for a little sundry shopping just before Raya comes and everything closes for public holiday. I only bought toothpaste and Milo powder as I bought my instant noodles.

And we decided to treat ourselves ice cream cone as well. Totally worth the RM 1.50. At first we wanted to buy sushi as well but we failed to persist until 9:30pm where the sushi will be half-price...

So I resorted to buy myself a donuts and polo bun from King's Confectionary right in front of Tesco Extra as a consolation.

Earlier in the morning, I went to Istimewa for my usual B&O. I changed my usual order a lil to Roti Kosong and Teh Panas from my usual Nasi Lemak and Limau Ais because it is still Ramadhan.

--------------------------------
18th of September (Friday)

Achievement long overdue: finding the motivation to sweep the floor. This is the amount of dust and hair and other random rubbish that I manage to accumulate for the past two months. My room feels so much more...humane after that one sweep. I admit I am on the lazy side when it comes to cleanliness and tidiness but for this part, I can't seems to find the broom anywhere around my cluster...until Ben grab one broom out beside his closet and asked me to sweep the floor for once. That's embarassing lol. Sweeping the floor is an achievement for me, right?

It rained quite heavily that night which added more chilliness into the lingering loneliness in campus. In fact, the weather had been pretty unpredictable but otherwise quite right for my liking with enough rain to give the air a little fresh chill.

--------------------------------
The Cats of Tekun.

For some reason, there is always a cat around my leg whenever I am onlining at cafe this few days with nobody else around. Maybe they have nobody else to manja/pamper them, the kitties decided to seek their human touch from me instead...which can be quite a bother at times. Apparently my hairy leg is perfect for this kitty here to rub his body on. In fact, this kitty is rubbing my leg now as I type this post. Usually I would tolerate it until he decided that my leg is a chew toy which I will kick/chase it away. He will go away himself when he got something else to amuse himself with like just now, a cockroach and a piece of tissue paper. Curious kitty it is.

The adult cat will be less curious and adventurous but still they enjoy human company, like this one who decided to sit on the chair beside me when I call it over. So I give it a little rub under the chin and stroke it...

Then it start to get a little comfortable and move over to sit on my lap. I guess my fat lap is pretty cushy and warm to sit on.

Whatcha lookin' at?

Yet another cat sitting beside me while onlining.

-----------------------------

Slow days in silent campus. The whole campus is basically deserted with the mass exodus of student going back to their hometown except for East Malaysia (such as me) and those few busy and daring soul to stay back in campus.

18th of September, Friday. Usually I won't even venture into campus because I have no class on Friday. Then my Creative Writing tutor, En Sofwan said that we need to drop by at his room to pick up our first draft of the short story...at SoLLaT (formerly known as Pusat Bahasa) basically at the other end of the campus from RST. Besides that, I need to drop by BHEPP to pick up yet another invitation for official events. The HEPP people called me the day before while I was enjoying my meal over at Sakae Sushi WTF. Talk about one way to ruin a lunch. So at 8:45 pm, I embark on a trip into campus...

Walking through the deserted pedestrian bridge...

And to PALAPES...only to see no bus in sight. Whattaheck? It's not even holiday yet and the bus driver decided to have their holiday earlier?! Actually when I reached there, there was a purple line bus ready to leave but since Pusat Bahasa and BHEPP can only be reached by taking the blue line bus, so I waited...and waited...and waited. Until the very same purple bus made his round in campus and came back to PALAPES to pick up next round of passengers WTF. Even though a lot of people went back home already, there were people who still have class on Friday (pretty sucky actually) so by the time that lone bus came back, a sizeable amount of people gathered at bus stop and the usual sardine pack and jostling while boarding the bus is back.

Consolation though: I saw this luggage with the teddy bear stucked over the handle. Pretty funny. Teddy bear pun nak balik kampung~~~

And since I took the purple bus, I had to disembark at SK and walk up the hill to Pusat Bahasa.

Drop by at Encik Sofwan's office. He is not there. Nevermind, I dropped by HEPP first to fulfill my official duty to pick up invitations.

There is no doubt that the BHEPP office has the best fengshui in the whole campus by perching on top of Chancellor's Rock, the highest point in campus overlooking the Penang Strait. Here's a shot of the famous Penang Twin Tower Apartment and the Penang Strait.

Another shot with Pulau Jerejak.

Even the road leading up to BHEPP is unusually deserted with less car parking. I guess some of the worker decided to take an early leave as well for the raya to go back to hometown. Anyway, duty done and back to En. Sofwan's office. More people gathered there waiting to pick up our drafts. Waited for half an hour until one of us decided to drop by at the general office to check his whereabout. Turns out he got admitted to hospital. Oh dear, how bad was his head injury?

Anyway, I went back to RST again without my draft as I was expecting someone later in the evening. Luckily for me, as soon as I reached the Pusat Bahasa bus stop, there is one blue bus coming up and so I immediately board the bus and reached back to RST safely.

By Saturday, almost everyone had gone home and it is clearly shown by the amount of room with their window and curtains shut...which is basically almost all the room over RST.

Even the gate was half-closed because the traffic going up the hill would have been very little for this holiday.

The Ramadhan Market all cleared up but not without the garbage though.

As soon as I came back from Istimewa, it rained. But luckily for me, there isn't anyone else in campus to compete the plug with me so I had been sitting at the same spot onlining quite frequently.

The deserted cafe during the morning.

This picture was taken at night on the way back from Tesco Extra. From this picture as well, you can very well gauge how deserted the campus is. Only a few rooms are on with lights.

Another shot, showing the deserted Tekun.

Usually the parking spaces in front of Tekun cafe will be packed with motocycles but for now, its deserted as well.

A shot of Tekun cafe a night. Can you feel the loneliness already?

The only thing that keeps me company right now is my laptop. And the annoying kitty that keeps on rubbing my leg.

Epilogue: Remind me again that I should refrain from writing a long winded post with lots of photo because it will take forever to create one. And this shouldn't be a priority now with the pending work and assignment waiting.

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...