*edit: And one more thing. This is my 250th post which means I finally reached...1/4 of 1000 post! And there's another surprise at my hit counter.
It finally passes the big 10,000 hit mark and reached 5 digit!!!! Rejoice, people!!! (Even though I am pretty sure that at least half of the number are from me opening my blog everyday...)As per title, I did have my share of fun and enjoyment over the silent campus all thanks the ultra-smooth, almost 24-7 internet connection (even the perpetually sucky USMhotspot!) as well as having no competition in fighting for the precious plug over Tekun cafe. It compensate very well the fact that I choose to forsake all the good Raya food (I followed my mom to visit her colleagues almost every year because of that!) and time spent with best friend back in Kuching (almost all of them went back to Kuching except me and B-Shan. MBO! Samatan! Fried Calamari Ring and Butter Prawn! Go check my Facebook for it.) by staying back in campus and thus have my freedom in doing whatever I want.
Well. Almost.
It would have been better if their wasn't any pending assignments and duties waiting for me. One test, (On MONDAY. HBT304. And I haven't really read my note yet. Giles' Effort Model! LMNT and ReadRemProd.) 2 presentations (Monday: HBT302 regarding our survey. Thursday: HBT304 Powerpoint presentation and Interpretation.) one fxxking short stories' draft (yesh, LHP 453.) and a few more group works which seriously made little progress at all. (304 and 213! *Starts panicking*. Not enough reference yet!) besides a few other random assignment which I can't recall. It's so much that it's WTF. As for duty wise, meetings, a few government events to attend to (which all my other AJK reluctant to do so.) and t-shirts. Yes, it's coming soon!
The only fruitful achievement that I manage to do for this one whole week is finishing the freelance translation work that I am working with XiangYi. Even then, the handiwork of mine can be considered in my opinion as pretty literal and hasty and far from being perfect. And 4 days has been killed just to finish it. What a partypooper. This work definitely give me a glimpse of what will it be like for having a freelance translation job. It can be quite unpleasant once the deadline element comes it. Guess I should have started it as soon as I received the text...which is a few weeks ago. Time management. In fact, the only thing that is keeping me glued to the table to continue my work is the ultra-smooth USMhotspot in my room now! Seriously, it's better than drugs that keeps me away from crashing into my bed and dead asleep.
And oh, almost forgot. This came in. *Cue flashback of agony*
One morning while I was typing away for the translation, En Wan (loser) from USM IO (loser) called. He said that I need to give him details about my major if I want to go for an exchange in UHK. The first thing that came to my mind: WHY THE HELL ONLY NOW YOU CALL ME?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE ME WAIT BY NOT GIVING ANY CERTAIN DATE ABOUT IT?! Seriously at that moment, I feel like scream my heart out in the phone call because of all the pain of waiting and just when I almost give up and move on, it came back and keep me hanging on the edge of my nerve again. I am an easy prey on false hope and fake motivation throughout my life and I found myself again and again in that dubious position. Why I keep on doing this to myself? Anyway, I immediately panicked and only then I went to UHK's website to check about their courses. Yes, they offer Major in Translations. So I ring him back and finally settled down.Later at night when I checked my mail, the long-awaited email for HongKong is finally here. The first step of student exchange: application. AGAIN. But right now, my heart is very divided because I can only do it on the coming semester, my final year 2nd semester. With all the core subject which I can take in my first semester gone, I might need to extend one full year just to adjust the timeline and take the remainder of the core on the 2nd semester next year. Another factor is that I am not notified (YET. Stupid IO.) about my status in scholarship, whether I am still eligible for it or not since I changed my choice of uni for exchange. And why Arts student seems to be so hard in doing exchange? Why do the management and communication get to get all the smooth ride just because they are popular? Stupid reality!
I have to make a decision within a week because the deadline to submit my application is within two weeks after they sent me the email. Then another round of agony in the form of redtape will commence. Or should I be patient and wait until I finish my undergraduate and proceed to postgraduate in overseas. But then the uncertainties is quite huge.
People, tell me. What should I do.
Epilogue: Why do all good things come to an end...
...or I should have this attitude instead? Good things comes for those who wait. *noitulovE. Gotta love it!*
Which one should I choose?
No comments:
Post a Comment