Friday, 23 July 2010

Oh dear. It's here...(and some other story)

Prologue: *sigh* My current state of mind is so hazy right now especially the sudden horror that I had today (22 Jul) that I can't really think straight anymore.

Oh dear. The thing that I eventually had to face has finally arrived literally on my doorstep (to be precised, arrived in my home's mailbox.)

His Majesty's Official Affair. Why do government affairs has to be addressed in the most inconspicuous way in a form of non-descript envelope.

The official blue stamp showed everything: it's from them, JPA's Human Resource Development Division that manages various scholarship and financial aid to student. They are out to get most of us back into Civil Service.

Delivered directly from Government Mail Center, Putrajaya.

With a 60 cent worth of stamps as well as 1Malaysia Postal Mark. Geez 1Malaysia is losing its novelty.

And the actual letter itself. The highlight of the letter is at the 3rd paragraph in which I need to report myself to JPA within 30 days with these documents. You gotta be kidding me!?
So what does it mean with the arrival of this letter? It means that there will be a great possibility that I will be working with the Civil Service earlier than what I originally envisioned which is right after I obtained my Master's Degree which is about two years later. The snag? My application status is still according to USM IPS database, IN REVIEW. GAH! Without any form of approval letter from USM,I will not be able to proceed with the procedure regarding the postponement of my service contract (as well as settling down in USM Penang) and thus increasing the possibility of me working in Civil Service earlier!

*sigh* Looks like I have to prepare for the worse. Anyway, I checked through the roster offered by SPA. To be frank, civil service's aint bad especially for us degree holder. The choices available are so vast and us degree holder will be on Grade 41 (Administration and Professional) hence JD such as admin work and supervisor can be expected. Plus, there are a few job posting which I think very suitable for us BATI-an offered on Grade 41 such as Language Teacher (adult education), Parliamentarian Interpreter's and not to mention, the very attractive Admin and Diplomatic Officer of the Diplomatic Corp. Anyway, had to choose five choices for my application to SPA and there's a remote possibility (remote though) that the government have no job posting for you within a year hence releasing you from the service contract voluntarily. After a year though. But yeah, it's pretty remote as far as I can see.

*sigh* More anxious than ever!

-------------------------------------------------

On a seperate note, SPR has released their newly updated electoral roster and yours truly who registered as a voter earlier this year went to checked his status as a part of his civic duty. Just as an additional information, those who registered before April 2010 can check through here while everybody else who registered during April til June 2010 can checked through here. Anyway, what about me then?

I am now officially a VOTER! *Throw confetti* The main motivation for me to register to vote is because that I am highly anticipating the coming Sarawak State Election (Trivia: Sarawak is the only state in Malaysia that has a separate state election unlike other states in Malaysia which have it simultaneously with General Election. It's like Sarawak is partying *pun intended* more than other states in Malaysia and I don't mind!) which according to rumor will fall before April next year. Oh giddy. My mom however was very cynical of me voting though. She quipped (once I am back in West Malaysia for whatever thing I will be doing in the future): "Ask BN/PR to sponsor you flight tickets to come back to Sarawak and vote la! I am sure those people will do anything to get your vote!" Oh MOM!
Besides that, Sarawak government will be organizing Perhimpunan Belia Sarawak 2010 from 23 July til 25 July at Borneo Convention Centre, Kuching. Despite being a government sanctioned event (and government sanctioned events are relatively prone to have shoddy quality), I think the organizer of Perhimpunan Belia Sarawak had doen quite a decent job in branding and promoting the event.

I love how the logo is designed. The youth reaching out for the star (And the star is the Sarawak Star on the State flag) blends in well with the logotype.

The full event itineraries. A few famous keynote speaker there such as Tengku Zatashah (Princess of Selangor and entrepreneur), Tan Sri Lim Kok Wing, the founder of the eponymous college of arts and design and our own Gracie Geikie, former director of Sarawak Tourism Bureau etc. Looks like it's going to be good!
Yours truly will be going there tomorrow and it's not only because of my younger bro, Jackson Cappucin Tate Zince LYH and his fellow classmates from St. Thomas are involved in flash mob dance before the opening the ceremony! I wonder how are they gonna implement and whether they will rock the BCCK's roof off! Can't wait to see the action!
Epilogue: Haven't been sleeping well lately. Must be the late night online sessions' fault. Had been onlining way too late lately and my health is starting to get the toll of it. I think I wanna sleep early tonight. Wanna be at BCCK early too so I have to wake up early!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...