Saturday, 10 July 2010

Oh, finally! (Better than none I suppose)

Prologue: It’s only a few days before Malaysian public universities commence their 2010/2011 Academic Year and Orientation Week will be over in one more day. Friends who will be continuing into their fourth years of studies moans about their unavoidable fate of being a final year student…time flies indeed. And I am still at home, waiting for my future to come.

Noon around 12++pm. I was doing my usual stuff being a fulltime slacker and parttime housekeeper/driver at home i.e. onlining in front of my home desktop when my mom came home for her afternoon rest (It’s friday and civil servant enjoys longer afternoon break on Friday). She went to check the mailbox like she always does and then she passed to me an envelope: “There’s a letter for you.”

P7093701The said letter. *giddy*

Could it be…?

I opened the envelope carefully, not to tear off any pieces of paper…and then I pulled out the content of the envelope…

It’s my official Convocation Notification Letter from USM. Not exactly of what I was hoping for but it’s definitely better than none! Let’s see what’s inside the envelope itself.

invitation letter editThe actual letter itself.

result edit Enclosed within this envelope itself is the Semgred for my very last semester in USM. It’s pretty courteous of them to sent the very last one to our home due to the fact that we will not be able to pick it up ourselves back in university.

P7093708The complete schedule of the 40th Convocation, detailing different sessions with different graduate.

P7093711  And mine of course is Sarjana Muda (SM) Sastera or Bachelor of Arts which will be held on the 7th Session, Saturday August 7 2010, 9 a.m at Dewan Tuanku Syed Putra, USM. Come to my convo yo!

P7093716Another vital information that should be paid attention of: The rehearsal and briefing for convocation. Rehearsal for my convocation: 8:30pm?!

P7093718Last but not least, a list of phone numbers and other contact information to enquire further information from the related bodies.

The thought that had gone through my mind when I hold this letter: It’s going to happen. It’s REALLY going to happen. I am going to graduate very soon! And it’s getting sooner than ever!

To be frank, I am getting more and more anxious than ever before, particularly when I know about the date in which I can pick up my graduation robe (August 1) as well as the rehearsal for my graduating session (August 5). I mean, when do I need to book my flight tickets? Where am I going to stay? Is there anyone over Penang which I can bunk with for that week? And all these questions appears all because of one particular variables:

WHEN THE HELL AM I GOING TO CONTINUE MY MASTERS DEGREE! 

Why the hell USM took way too long for them to approve my Master’s application!!! I need that approval letter before I can move on with anything else such as getting myself a room in Desa as well as delaying my contract of service with JPA. Ohh this is getting scarier than ever! *GAH!*

Epilogue: By the way, did you all know that Census 2010/Banci 2010 is going on right now! From 6 July until 22 August, officers/enumerators from Department of Statistics will be going door to door and conducting interviews by filling in questionnaires. Census in Malaysia is conducted once in every ten years mainly to update vital information about the populace such as demography, socio-economy condition etc. Besides answering them face to face, one other convenient way is to answer it online by ecensus. Ohh thw advent of internet.

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...