Sunday, 12 June 2011

Escapism.

I am guilty for leaving my blog unattended again! Some of you who followed my blog may notice that the tone of my previous post has been very depressing. I am still (and always) in the process of adjusting myself with the ever-changing reality and the stress of thinking through plans which I can't really see the outcome has caused me to be overcame by emotion. Nevertheless, I did feel slightly better when the Taukes back in Kuching chatted with me over Facebook (Thanks.). Now, just to take a escape from the negative emotion from the previous post, here's a picture of the sky that I took yesterday.

The weather has been great these couple of days. Occasional rains in evening followed by clear blue sunny sky with breeze the next day. The weather has been so nice that I pull my usually closed curtain just to let some sunlight and greenery and chirps of bird into my otherwise drab room. Consider it fulfillment of daily natural sunlight.
Talking about escape, I had one last Friday (10 June) when I was feeling better after chatting with the one of my Kuching Taukes the other night. While I am glad that I did went out for some form of escape, it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be. It all started off with me bumping into this last Thursday over Foodtok Facebook page after checking around stuff...

Say, when was the last time I had all you can eat sushi buffet?
The problem is that Koi is located at Gurney Plaza which is an hour bus ride if I took 304 directly from USM and with only RM10 note in my wallet means that I am out small changes RM1 notes as well as coins to pay for the bus fare (RM2.70). The only natural thing to do for me if I want to make this plan work is to break up my RM10 notes into notes and coins by spending it. So on Friday morning, I did something which I hadn't been doing for quite a while which is having breakfast at Bakti Cafe. It was almost 10am in the morning. Originally I was thinking of having mee goreng or something but the nasi goreng stall was closed. The mee sup stall was open so I had a bowl of mee sup. RM10-RM1.70 = RM.8.30. Dang. The notes were enough but the coins weren't. Had to break it down further. Spotted burger and toast stall. Bought Chicken sandwich. RM5-RM1.40 = RM3.60. Coins GET. Walk back to my room while eating my sandwich...and that's when the mood slightly took a detour: by the time I had my sandwich, I feel somewhat full which mean less room for excess sushi later! The sudden downpour outside certainly didn't help and at that point of time, I am having second thoughts.

Went out of my room around 12:20 noon while still weighing my plan and second thought. Reached Sungai Dua gate pedestrian crossing and made up my mind: Queensbay then. I reserve better occasion for Gurney Plaza and don't really want to deal with the school holiday crowd. March across the road to the bus stop heading towards Queensbay...and waited for the bus. 12:42pm. A 304 heading towards Queensbay appeared just as another 304 heading downtown to Gurney Plaza appeared on the other side of the road. Looks like I have to jot down the timing for future any planning. (RapidPenang 304 operates at 30+ minute interval.). Thought of inviting TailouWong for lunch but turns out that he had his earlier exactly because of rain. Oh well. Looks like I am gonna be alone for lunch again. Anyway back to Queensbay, took out some cash from ATM and heads over to Manhattan Fish Market for the RM10 nett Student Lunch Promo just to try out the rest of their offer. Had Spaghetti Cala Olio.

That's what a RM10 student package consists of: a glass of bottomless coke and a slightly watered down version of their usual offering. Kinda feel that it's the bottomless coke that makes it RM10 and not the actual meal itself.

But since I was feeling slightly filled because of the extra sandwich, the portion was just right for me. Spagetti Cala Olio is basically spaghetti seasoned with olive oil and spices (hence Olio) topped with a few pieces of calamari (hence cala).

Usually one would not pay attention to the tissues while eating except when trying to wipe off crumbs from your face but something catches my eye that day: a riddle, printed on the tissue/napkin! So why are sardines the silliest fish in the sea?

Flip over to the other side and here it is the answer. Hmm. Anyway interesting bits of branding there.
The Student Promo will last til 30 June so I still have chance to try out the last few promo item available for student. After I had my lunch, head over for Jusco to more grocery shopping when I suddenly remembered that Yes4G had a branch here over Queensbay. Then I recalled that I run out of Valuepack and credit is running low too. *sigh* Drop by ATM machine to withdraw extra cash, went over there and reloaded. *sigh* Might need to ask for more money soon while thinking of way to reduce expenditure further. After I am done with everything, back to bus stop I go. Spotted a large group of Form 6 students presumably on a holiday trip though I do wonder why go to shopping mall for trip anyway? Their bus came first and turns out that they are from SMK Anderson Ipoh. Hmm. The 304 bus heading USM appeared not too long after and I am back in campus in no time. Meanwhile spotted another stuff while walking back to Bakti.

National Conference on GRAPHING CALCULATORS. Proves that we academia can have conference out of anything!
And that's my small escape. Interesting details do appears when one slow down a lil just to observe things around! And ohh just as a follow up regarding Koi sushi buffet, it turns out I still have a chance... if they didn't change their offer. Every weekday 3-5pm! Will I finally muster more motivation to make another adventure?

Epilogue: Still have materials for more posts in the pipeline. The only thing left of course...is motivation. My bed...is calling me!

2 comments:

Syahmi said...

bring me to manhattan fishmarket when i go there!!! :D

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

It's only at Queensbay. RapidPenang 304 or 308 for RM1.40!

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...