Alternate title: The worst thing that could ever happen to a lonely postgrad student with an anti-social streak who lives alone in a single room and has never interacted with anybody else down the same hallway.
Those of you who paid attention to my Facebook these few days will notice that I was down with fever since last Thursday evening. And damn, it sure felt like SHITE. Fever made me a bitch a couple of times back in my undergrad year and without any warning or compassion, it decided to make a fucking comeback and at the worst timing ever: right before weekend during study break/holiday when basically everything shuts down. Cafe, office, CLINIC. Anyway, still pretty much incapacitated to do anything substantial thinking while feeling better so here's a quick summary of events in the form of timeline.
Thursday evening-night - A rapid downward spiral of my health in just a short span of hours. Head-splitting headache and nausea made me writhes in agony on my bed from 11pm to 5am in the morning the next day. Had to wipe myself with wet towel from time to time just to calm the piping heat in my body. Lost all cognitive skill and speech by next morning but felt lucky to survive the night.
Friday - Immediate action taken: Loads of 100Plus and less irritating meals such as sandwich and mee sup. Hey it's chicken soup. Actually felt better to go out and pay my rental invoice.
Saturday - Felt confident that it will be better...when the headsplitting headaches strikes again to my horror. Decided not to risk anything anymore, went to Pusat Kesihatan whether is there anything operational there (NONE) and had to walk all the way off campus to find a clinic. Doc SUSPECT that it might be a dengue and recommends me to do a blood test...at General Hospital because her lab's closed for the weekend. Prickishly suggested that I should take feckin TAXI. (OK, doctor over Klinik Universiti over Sungai Dua: I know you're trying your best to extract all the information needed for diagnosis but can't you see I am in distress, agony and pain? My head's cracking because of fever and you expect me to be calm the shit down? And you actually expect me to take taxi and go all the way to Penang General Hospital for blood test. Dismissing me by saying "OUTSIDE!" when you're done is definitely not in anyway helping. Some of you who read this right now might think that it's me that's being a whiny prick and that I should MAN UP. Let me tell you this: I hate the word "MAN UP". It's the worst way one could dismiss someone's pain. I am so SORRY for being irate and whiny and emotional when I am in pain. I should've just smile cheerily. *sarcasm* And I know there are at least two former temporary who I pissed off because of me being in pain. How great is that?)
Anyway, thank god ChanPao's here to save the day so off I go to find a lab that can carry out bloodtest. Thinking of just finding the nearest lab to do a test and went to another clinic to do just that...only to be dismissed politely to go to GH. Stuck in Perak Road for 45 minutes while my brain continues to burn up. Reached GH. Reached OPD after misdirection by the guards. Took number, paid the complementary RM1 fee (definitely cheaper than any private medical institution), and waited...for 45 minutes or something. Finally my turn. Blood extracted. Test result in one hour. More waiting. Finally ate some bun and helped myself with loads of 100Plus again and bun bought by ChanPao. Test results out: NOT DENGUE. No need to come again. The doctors in the previous clinic already prescribe some medication for you right? Then no need to go pharmacy, just take those medicine and rest well. *WTF.* How many times do I need to get dismissed?
Anyway, glad it's not dengue but this mean I have to survive in my room for Sunday. Reached room, took meds, ate some banana cake that chanpao bought me and sleep.
Sunday: Here I am ranting while pretending that Chicken flavoured instant noodle is as good as Chicken Soup.
Conclusions: 1st: It sure feels SHITE to get sick when help is not easy to be reached. 2nd: Those who actually shows some concern and show up to help really warms one heart. I would never thank you peeps enough. 3rd: Doctors are prick. 4th: When I am irate and scowling all the time, that's probably because I am actually sick.
Epilogue: It's almost 2/3 of June already. Had I achieve anything yet? NO. FML.
No comments:
Post a Comment