Friday, 3 June 2011

Impulsiveness.

Or How I got trumped by my own impatience.

Here's the story: while I was having my usual instant noodle earlier, there was this mild dissatisfaction growing inside of me. Was it about how soggy my noodle ends up after leaving it for slightly too long in my bowl? Is it about how I lead my boring life in general? Doesn't matter. Anyway, with me glancing over the pile of coins, 60 cents to be exactly, the mild dissatisfaction bubbles up into a rash, sudden impulse. Maybe I should go Queensbay and get myself some discounted sushi box (20% off after 8:30pm) or even those deli stuff (30% off). My rational was overwhelmed by the bubbling desire and thus I turned off my lappie, went to bath, get changed and heads out to Sungai Dua bus stop, armed with my trusty Jacob's Reusable Bag for grocery. I can do grocery as well even when fueled by impulse!

Reached bus stop at 8:20pm. A lone foreigner sit at one corner of the bus stop while I occupies another. The traffic zip passed but no bus, not even the common 301 and 303. 10 minutes passed and a 308 appeared in my sight. What luck it is today! Flagged down the bus and boarded...just to be informed by the bus captain that this bus didn't go to Queensbay. WHAT? Then why did you appear on this side of bus stop? Back to waiting.

8:35pm. More people joined in the wait, first two very chatty Indian girls (They ask the foreigner where is he from? (Turkey) Ahh.) and then a Malay lady with luggage presumably going to Sungai Nibong Bus Terminus and then an Middle Eastern (presumbly Iranian) lady. Still no sight of bus yet, the bus stop is starting to get a little crowded (Indian girls keep on chatting. The foreigner lady borrows the Malay lady's mobile phone to put her simcard in just to call her friend.) and my mood fizzles out and all that's left was sod.

8:48pm. Gave up my thought of having discounted clearance food and gone to Majujaya minimart instead to fulfill my basic purpose of grocery shopping. Bought cocoa powder (grocery shopping) and Oreo (desire). Just when I reached the pedestrian crossing however, the unthinkable happened: a 304 bus came. My emotion:

FFFFFFUUUUUUU----
It was 8:52pm. Crossed the road with haste (abiding to the traffic light of course), heads back to my room and feed my frustration with the said Oreos.

Survival kit and occasional guilty pleasure.
Lesson of the day: Do not let impulsiveness gets the best of you. Waiting up to 20 minutes for bus is a norm especially if it's at night, rare bus and you didn't bother to call up RapidPenang ICIS to check the nearest incoming bus.

And now, I had to feed my frustration with Oreo. Downing 3/4 of the whole tube in one sitting can be barf inducing. It's as if your tastebud is overwhelmed by the sugary filling and all crevices in your teeth will be filled with chunks of cookies which can only be get rid off using some tongue action and rinsing. And as usual everytime I had my supper, I brush my teeth.

THE END.

Epilogue: Anything else you want to know about? Reality check: PPA-13 fee covered but accommodation not sure yet. Meeting supervisor next Tuesday. Still trying to figure out procedures in applying scholarship. Flight tickets haven't bought and still pondering whether I should go home at all.

2 comments:

Syahmi said...

LOL

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

Fate is playing jedi mindtrick on me.

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...