Prologue: Halfway done my assignment, ready to push it to the end. Meanwhile, evading responsibilities continues...
So yesterday, I accompanied my Mainland-Chinese roommate for a trip to clinic (which I admit a little annoyed because I just had my dinner and I want to rest, and the trip reveals some unneeded extra information...?!) when I heard a really familiar language/accent came out from the TV at the waiting area of the patients...and immediately a pleasant, happy smile cracked on my face...
Its Maybank's Merdeka Ad. In Iban.
Its basically a Iban girl receiving a call from her mom and her musing about tiger (which is incidentally, Maybank's logo) and family heirloom and such. And hereby I present to you, the ad.
And apparently, this ad was used last year and they reused it again this year...looks like economic downturn really hurt the budget, huh? But anyway, I don't mind since actually I feel closer to home, my beloved SARAWAK even for just a minute plus.
And this is the reason why Sarawak will always be different and unique than any other state in Malaysia. Happy 45 anniversary, Sarawak.
Epilogue: Obviously with this, a Merdeka Day post is definitely expected in the future. Looking forward for 31st August!
7 comments:
31 of august is ur ''merdeka'' day also!!!!!!! hahaha
I hope so...but i don't want to hit the big-2 so early!!! uwaa~~~~~
[erhaps Merdeka Day is an oxymoron considering the people are not mentally liberated.
B.H.
Viva la Malaysia!
*glad to see somebody, at least, is patriotic*
@ B.H. - Welcome! Its an honor to have you commenting at my humble little blog! Love Malaysianism, btw.
Well, we can't expect to be mentally free due to all those retard (indiscriminately, all of them) up there. But of course, we still have lots of good things that we should appreciate than those stuff retard did. So love all the good things in Malaysia, every last bit of it!
@ Ced:
Its actually much more of Viva la Sarawak. You know, I can't help to be much happier every time I saw that ad on TV, to hear language that is familiar to your ear.
it isn't the 2008's version -> http://www.petronasgreetings.com/
Sarawak should celebrate Merdeka day on September 16, August 31 is not for Sarawakians.
I know, but isn't it Taib launch the 45 years anniversary thingy for Sarawak around last July, right?
Post a Comment