Saturday, 14 June 2008

Final moment in Kuching+1st night at Penang.

Prologue: I am just plain obsessed of going online. If you are wondering why, this post is finished in Istimewa, which is like the other side of USM from Sungai Dua, where my friends rented house is...

After a pretty much sleepless night, (due to the fact i only slept on 3am in the morning because of busying transferring anime to the home PC) I woke up groggily for another day...before realizing the fact that this is my last morning that I woke up in Kuching for another next 4 months plus...Almost immediately, it triggers the underlying sadness within my heart...

I dragged my body, walking wearily down the stairs...

...and went straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth...

My mom was there at the dining room already, having her breakfast when I greeted her: "good morning". After I brushed my teeth, I continued on to do my routine stuff every morning for the pass one and a half month: drying the laundry outsides.

The sidewalk besides my house, lines with small trees and shrubs, tended by my mom.

...and this two especially mischievous freeloader cats, who enjoy sneaking into our home to go dig through the garbage, occasionally succeed in taking a few nip on our food and taking a comfortable nap on the pile of newspaper. Both of them are hostile to us despite the fact that we DO give them leftovers.

After finishing up the routine, I went over to join my mom for breakfast at the dining table. I pick up and read the newspaper of the day: SinChew Daily, Sarawak edition. I didn't paid much attention on the lowering of income tax by the government (as depicted in the headline) but instead more on the picture: another victim of the one very famous inhabitants of Sarawak- Crocodiles! (I bet you guys don't get much of this in West Malaysia!!!)

When I reach over the bread on the table, suddenly my mom suggest: "Why don't you go and kolo mee instead before you head back to Penang?" Thanks, mom. Immediately after that, I went out together with my mom since my mom wanted to share the extra papaya (or izzit watermelon? Our family eat these fruit quite often recently, because we have our own papaya trees and my mom bought cheap watermelon in Lundu.) with our relatives over my uncle's shop. It was right beside my favorite kolo mee stall anyway, at FattFatt Kopitiam. The sky was blue and the weather was just nice in the morning...

The main throughfare of Kota Sentosa aka 7th mile, looking bustling as ever.

And so I settle down on a table, ordering my usual stuff (he knows it already): Kolo Mee and Teh-C-Peng. One perfect bowl of kolo mee coming up!!!! じゃあ、いただきます!!!!

御ちそう様でした!!! It was delicious!!!! Meanwhile however, my heart was slowly aching and my mood is growing edgy...what's wrong with me?

On my way back home, which is located behind the small housing estate behind these row of shoplots. On the left side is the Kota Sentosa town square with a permanent stage (which looks like an umbrella) at the far end of it.

I went over to turn on my PC to go online and etc. I am gonna miss you so much too, my PC...

I was online not for long though, before my mom asked me to help her out in sweeping the floor in the house. Despite the fact that I don't like sweeping very much, for this time I did quietly abode without the usual groan and my mom did not yell at me this time as well. Hmm...

Time flies and its time to sent lunch to my youngest brothers over the school. As I walked over there, the skies looks kinda gloomy with the formation of storm cloud above...I hope that this is not an omen of whats gonna happen to me in the future...By this time, my aching feeling is growing even harder...This might be the cause that I forgot to bring along my brother's pingpong stuff over to him...Btw, my mom cooked fried kuayteow with thick soup as lunch today. Quite delicious!

It was around 3 in the evening when I took my nap after I pick up my youngest brother back from school. However, it seems that I had a hard time falling asleep and I keep on rolling around restlessly...Meanwhile, the sky started to rain which at least help me in falling asleep...

Of course, the sky will appear after the rain...hopefully it will be another clear blue sky for me over Penang...and that green dome over there is the still in construction commercial area and shoplots...

After hanging around the computer room for a while, I went down to the living room...thats the gate that I will gonna pass through later...I miss my home...

However with not much time to lose, I quickly pack up the rest of my luggage especially my lappie bag. And with so many things that I bought back home (my Spanish Dictionary, Zetsubou Sensei DVD, extra pants blah blah blah), my red bag was FULL and my mom dig out one of those sling bag thing (as you can see over there, the red one) which she got from the medicine supplier of the pharmacy. Mine was courtesy of Pfizer.

And soon, the dinner is served and for once, we had our dinner at the dining table instead at the living room to watch TV. My mom cooked extra dishes mainly for me since I won't be having home cook meal for quite a while when I head back to university. She did the same thing though when my elder brother heads back to KL for work. And when I discussed with my mom about my aching feeling, she says: "That's the common nervousness of leaving home, the feeling of attachment." I will miss you all too, dad and mom and my brothers...

6:45pm. It is time to face to leave already. As my mom reversed the car out from the car porch, I immediately take peek (or rather, a pic) of my home for one last time before I head off to the airport...this time, I am really going over to Penang...(ok, not exactly last time since my mom suddenly asked whether I brought along a bottle of water or not and immediately u-turn back home to grab a bottle of water just in case I got thirsty in plane.)

Reached Kuching International Airport around 5 minutes later. Bid good bye to my mom and immediately I grab my luggages heading toward the check in counter area.

AirAsia check in area. Not many people unlike usual...

My check-in counter: flight AK5951 to Penang. While I was queuing for the line, some old geezer from the line beside me suddenly jumped queue over and cutting my line right in front of me when the person originally in front of me finished checking in. *ANGER SPAZZ* In the end, my line became of the slowest. *ANAL* Either way, checked in my luggage smoothly and I am ready to go aboard!

Walking across the terminal over to the departure hall...for flying across the pond over to peninsula, it is classified as "Domestic Departure (within Malaysia)" (while setting up another category, Domestic Departure (within Sarawak)) and shares the same level as "International Departure" which required to go through immigration counter.

Passing through the immigration and walking down the escalator...

...and here we are, the airside.

The signboard. Mine was gate 1. Lets head to the left!

...looks like kinda far at the ends there...

Looking over to the landside from the airside, with sky slowly dimming into night...good bye, my beloved Kuching...

And here it is, gate 1. A sizeable crowd was formed already when I reach there. And the agonizing waits ensues...

No plane in sight yet...

In the meantime, checking out the distinct livery of MasWing when suddenly announcement was made: "Perhatian semua penumpang penerbangan AirAsia AK5951 ke Penang. Akibat kelewatan pesawat, masa yang dijangka untuk penerbangan ini berlepas telah ditunda ke jam 8:45 malam. Kami memohon maaf atas kelewatan penerbangan ini." WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! After the original delay (3:15pm to 8:15pm), there's MORE!? How many times that you people actually one time, AirAsia?!

After the extra 30 minutes of agonizing wait, they finally ready to check us in, all the passenger quickly jumped from their in order to be in front of the line...

...before they switch the line again to the other side. HEY?!

The plane finally arrived, with the inbound passengers from Penang. Luckily for this flight, they used their spanking new A320 (stupid jetway blocking me taking pictures of the aircraft) instead of the aging flying crap aka B737-300. One way or the other, it acts as an semi-compensation for the delay for me...Soon the line moved along quickly checking in and boarding the aircraft while the stewardess over the gate reminded me to switch off the cellphone before boarding. Even though how much I wanna take a picture from the tarmac, the safety issues had to be taken into consideration...and I don't want to be gunned down as an terrorist suspect anyway LOL.

-Inflight-

One observation that while the plane was taxiing to the end of runway for takeoff- that particular timeslot was busy! My plane was the 2nd plane to land among the 4 flights that arrived in Kuching within the short timeframe of 15 minutes. And there is a Malaysia Airlines right in front of us waiting for clearance for takeoff when my plane was taxiing over. When it was our turn to wait for clearance, two flight landed over the runway and immediately right behind us is Silkair A319 outbound to Singapore. The traffic flow in my opinion is not too shabby at all! While sitting in the plane itself, I discover a couple interesting thing about AirAsia A320. First: apparently AirAsia have their own radio channel dedicated for music and second: they DIM their lights for takeoff and landing instead of switching off abruptly for B737-300. A nice touch in my opinion!

As for the flying itself, again a pretty much smooth flight with occasional bump into cloud situation. (which I *still* don't like very much especially when flying in dark) I deliberately went to row at the end of the aircraft and occupied the whole row of seats all to myself *happy* But the happiness was immediately hampered by the stinging smell of nasi briyani from the passenger behind me who ordered it and the crying baby (which last like an hour). Another anecdote: the flight attendant seems like forgetting their lines in the inflight safety demonstration while mistakenly announced this flight's destination before we departs (..to Kuala Lumpur...*awkward silence*...err...to Penang.) and the same thing happens again midair when the CAPTAIN made his announcement about our flight. All this was wrapped up with another mis-annoucement from the flight attendant when they start selling merchandises. Total amount of mistaking the destination: 3! (FAIL IN FLIGHT INFO).

Anyway to avoid unnecessary nervousness looking out to the sky, I pull the window blind and concentrate in reading the inflight mags instead. Occasionally, when I sensed the changes of the engine sound due to deceleration and acceleration, I pull up the blind to take a peek to the outside whether we reached the land already. Soon, signs of civilization in the forms of light on the land shows that we finally reach the peninsula. Soon the plane start their descend, flying along the coast line before taking a right turn and maneuvered into landing procedures. The weather outside was clear and the plane landed smoothly on the runway. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are now arrived at Penang International Airport..."One thing that makes me grin is the choice of song on the radio while we are taxiing to the terminal- All Rise sang by Blue. All Rise? We can't rise from our seats yet, we haven't reach the terminal yet! ROFLMAO! One thing that I noticed while taxiing passed the terminal- there is some construction going on the left wing of the terminal on the tarmac and it was closed for traffic. And so where do our plane parked? At the cargo terminal right beside the passenger terminal.

I switched on my phone and took this as soon as the plane come to a standstill (...in which is WRONG btw.) and passengers starts to take their luggage and disembark from the plane.

While walking along the tarmac to the passenger terminal, I finally can't resist the temptation and took the picture of the beauty over the tarmac (in which again, its WRONG.) Immediately after that, the ground crew standing there asked me to switch of my phone while in the tarmac area. *embarrassed* (in the end, the picture ends up blur due to shaky hand, lousy camera and bad timing...DANG!) And ShinYen called me to check whether I arrived at Penang already while I am still right on the tarmac! LOL

And so we walk along the terminal, noticing that most of the shops were already closed and there isn't many flights left...

...and soon we arrived at the baggage reclaim to take our luggage from the conveyor belt. Luckily my bag came out quite early and soon I grabbed my bag and exited the terminal when suddenly my dad called to check on me as well. *don't worry dad!* Searched for the normal city cab: there is NONE. Apparently, only airport taxi allowed to operate from the airport and we need to buy tickets for it from the counter. So I bought the tickets, (and apparently, their *is* another Sungai Dua over the mainland other than the *USM* Sungai Dua as exclaimed by the aunty over the taxi counter) move over to the rows of airport taxi and I am on my way to USM!!!! *giddygiddy*

Within no time we reach Sg 2 area and I asked him to drop me at the gates since I am heading over to Ekun etcs' rented house. Called him (via ShinYen's number) and he gave the direction to their house. It was quite easy to navigate around and soon I reach their house, giving them a loud "おじゃまします!!!” when I saw Ekun and ShinYen waiting over the living room. It was a pretty large and comfortable semi-detached house btw. I totally can't believe when Ekun and ShinYen said that this house looks like a ghost house, complete with tall bushes and climbing plant when they first move in. They brought me around and meet the household and I was amazed on how well they renovated it, complete with repainted wall. (for now, in their room but will be extended to living room) Had lots of fun chitchatting with both of them (Ekun: Don't brainwash her with THOSE kind of anime!!! *refering to sub and pop-culture anime* Brainwash her instead with Mecha!!! *too bad lor, cos I never liked Mecha! LOLX*") before Ekun need to head back home.

At first, I planned to just bunk it over their living room since its looks comfortable enough complete with mattress to lie on. (Don't worry, its fine!!!) But soon ShinYen starts to go upstairs grabing PeiYue down and soon Vance came down as well to invite me to bunk over his room instead since his roommate has not arrived yet. In the end, I bunk into Vance's room for these two nights...thank you, Vance!

LOL I can't wait to set up my lappie and stuff (which I called it MySpace LOL) at the living room before ShinYen and Vance came down and suggested me to move up instead. Paiseh paiseh, and thanks for feeding me chocolate bun, ShinYen!!!

I transferred all the pic into my comp as soon as I re-set up MySpace. While transferring all the pic from the phone to comp, I went downstairs for my bath and Vance was kinda surprise how fast I took my bath LOL. Immediately after organizing the pics, I wanna go online (and Vance showed me the password) but my comp seems to failing in connecting into their connection. After so much of failed attempt, I called it a day and hit the sag...

And that's the bed that I will be sleeping on for this two nights. じゃあ、お休みなさい。。。

Woke up around 7 plus in the morning today after being disturbed by my handphone alarm. And here it is, my first Penang morning!

Complete with hairs that sticks up LOLX!

Epilogue: I just found out that I arrived in Penang on friday 13th. So that's the reason for all the series of not-unfortunate-but-still events? I sense...BAD OMEN...

ps: OMG, come to think of it, now I kinda feel like I degenerated into a....A....A CAMWHORER!!!!!!!!
ONOZ!!!!!!!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...