Wednesday, 11 June 2008

A trip to Saberkas.

Prologue: Because I am *STILL* DARN HAPPY and EXCITED about fully utilizing my camera phone. *more happy dance!*

So today (this morning to be precise) I went to Saberkas to do a little more shopping (I am searching for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei さよなら絶望先生, the first one) as well as do a little more surveying about digital cam, since Saberkas is considered as THE place to buy electronics stuff. I went off to Saberkas earlier cos I need to pick up my brother from school around noon and I went there by BUS. (oohhh the bus~~~) Need to be sensitive about time management...now, let the pictures do the talking!!! (courtesy of my camera phone *giddy*)

Taken from the bus stop looking over the traffic junction. One whole row of lorries (7 of them) waiting at the junction is somewhat stunning. (and scary for drivers)

About 10 plus minutes later, I hop on a bus (The green Sarawak Transport bus) after seeing two bus passed in front of my eye right before I reach the bus stop...*sigh* and I am now on my way!!!! Soon reached the 3rd mile area and Sunny Hill is touted as the place that sells the best ice cream...never tried before...

...and now we are travelling along Rock Road, which have one of two Hindu temple available here in Kuching. Nevertheless, the decorations are very detailed. Soon, we will be reaching Saberkas soon.

Push the bells, and the bus drop us right beside Saberkas Building. They never follow proper bus stop if it is for Saberkas, since many people came here anyway.

Walk along the building to the main entrance. Apparently Lord White Hair officiate this building as shown on this plaque.

The information board right beside the main entrance.

Apparently, there is no use of being an earlier bird if the worm ain't wake up earlier as well: almost all the shops hasn't open up yet when I reached there...I spend my first half an hour walking around aimlessly, from ground floor to top floor. In the meantime, its time to utilize my camera phone!!! This is the Central Atrium. The Gawai decor is still hanging around so I was thinking of taking this one but it end up kinda blur though. Another thing that I discovered is that the wall around the Central Atrium is covered with HP ad. Not just that, most of the escalator wall is lined with HP ad as well. The domination of HP!!

Another clearer view of the Gawai decor, featuring a Iban couple albeit in the form of cardboard.

Looking up into the clear blue sky- the top floor of Saberkas Shopping center central atrium, with glass roof to provide illumination into the building. To tell you the truth, I rarely venture up to this floor up until now but it is indeed an interesting discovery. And I never knew that there ARE much more floor above the atrium!

And since most of the shop hadn't open yet, I decided to went to the lower ground floor and had a breakfast since there is a couple of kopitiam down there. I order a glass of soya bean...

...and a plate of Fried Noodle. Quite tasty but it do come with a price: RM3.80. I think must be the impact of price hike on flour and such.

御ちそう様でした!!!! おいしかったですよ~~ As soon as I finish my breakfast, one of the destination that I planned to go- Speedy opened for business...its time to hunt for anime~~ (and GOT IT!!!) After completing the main agenda, did a little more sight seeing and surveying on digital camera. Attracted to one of the camera (its Panasonic, btw) recommended by the salesman according to my budget. Hmm...will I have time to buy it?

Feeling satisfied, its time to called it a day and head back home. Only noticed the pedestrian bridge after attempting to cross the busy road to go the bus stop over the other side to go home. As soon as I reached the other side of the road, a bus (this time its the Yellow Petra Jaya bus) and flag it down just in time. This is the view inside the bus.

As the bus drove along the road from 3rd mile to 6th mile, it passed through Boulevard Mall, one of the latest mall in Kuching. Here is a close up of Boulevard Mall's main entrance. The facade/wall will be lighten up with beautiful lighting effects.

Another shot of Boulevard Mall. Actually there is a huge pit right beside it which is the 2nd phase of Boulevard Mall, with even more retail spaces and a service apartment. Kuching is indeed on the GO!!

And this is what I was hunting for: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei さよなら絶望先生, the first one. Now my hunt is complete!!!!!! *Bliss* And honestly, Hakama pants (はかま) = moe (萌え)!!!! *otome mode on!!!!*

-fin-

Epilogue: One and a half day to go before I go back to Penang. I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!! *Cry*

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...