OK, before you start saying stuff like: "huh? you don't know how?" or rolling on the floor laughing away, let just say its a great discovery for me and I can finally utilize my phone's potential, after suffered inability for being unacknowledged for the pass one year I use this phone of mine.
Before I start the story of discovery, lemme introduce, my phone, Samsung SGH X510 (that's what I says on the packaging)
Courtesy of Samsung. My phone is this colour as well but the word Samsung had already wear off after so much use. Full phone specification here. And its their user's opinion and review there that helps me solved my impending pain for this handphone.This phone may look flashy (and I got it FOR FREE cos my dad won a lucky draw and I was thrilled when I know that this phone has camera. ooohhh~~~) but their features was...disappointing. No Bluetooth (only infrared) and small memory (memory for photo: 1mb. WTH?), it can be considered as OBSOLETE when compared with recent phone. What pains me even more during this one year is that I was unable to transfer the photo to my lappie initially. (LUCKILY MY LAPPIE IS AS EQUALLY "OBSOLETE" AKA USE INFRARED.) I would have just change my phone if i bought a new, up-to-date lappie)
Since now that I got lot of freetime at home, I start to search for solution. First that comes into my mind is a USB data cable. Wait, are my phone even compatible to USB? Plus the price for one USB cable was kinda...pricey for me.(I saw RM68) So back to exploring more solutions. Even considered once buying a new phone, but my mom says its unnecessary for now. (and somehow, I agreed cos I need to save money and I do plan to buy a digital cam as well.) Finally, I stumbled upon GSMArena page about full specification of my phone and I scour through the user's review page, hoping to find clues there. Apparently, most user's there encountered the same problem as I do and scroll down a little bit more...AHHA! A couple of users says that we need to download one software from Samsung (SGH X510 Samsung PC studio PIMS), installed it in comp to establish infrared connection from comp to phone. With no time to lose, downloaded it while copying tips and such from there and install it in my lappie. (cos my PC doesn't have infrared anyway) After some tweaking according to the tips...it works! IT WORKS!!!!! *the feeling of accomplishment* Immediately I utilized it to transfer all my older photo from my phone to my lappie and finally clear up the memory for photo in my phone. And then I took more photo and now I will show you, THE RESULT.
My youngest bro, watching anime in my external harddisk using my lappie. All three of us are computer addicts.
My lappie...see the infrared thing downthere? This proves that how old my lappie is. But it serves me VERY WELL and I will be using it very much even though it battery's lifespan had decrease so much...
...and last but not least: a satisfied, happy ME with kinda-crooked teeth.
Since now that I got lot of freetime at home, I start to search for solution. First that comes into my mind is a USB data cable. Wait, are my phone even compatible to USB? Plus the price for one USB cable was kinda...pricey for me.(I saw RM68) So back to exploring more solutions. Even considered once buying a new phone, but my mom says its unnecessary for now. (and somehow, I agreed cos I need to save money and I do plan to buy a digital cam as well.) Finally, I stumbled upon GSMArena page about full specification of my phone and I scour through the user's review page, hoping to find clues there. Apparently, most user's there encountered the same problem as I do and scroll down a little bit more...AHHA! A couple of users says that we need to download one software from Samsung (SGH X510 Samsung PC studio PIMS), installed it in comp to establish infrared connection from comp to phone. With no time to lose, downloaded it while copying tips and such from there and install it in my lappie. (cos my PC doesn't have infrared anyway) After some tweaking according to the tips...it works! IT WORKS!!!!! *the feeling of accomplishment* Immediately I utilized it to transfer all my older photo from my phone to my lappie and finally clear up the memory for photo in my phone. And then I took more photo and now I will show you, THE RESULT.
My youngest bro, watching anime in my external harddisk using my lappie. All three of us are computer addicts.
My lappie...see the infrared thing downthere? This proves that how old my lappie is. But it serves me VERY WELL and I will be using it very much even though it battery's lifespan had decrease so much...
...and last but not least: a satisfied, happy ME with kinda-crooked teeth.Now, with my discovery on how to transfer pic over to my phone, does it negate the need of buying a new digital camera. I had to admit that it indeed diminished down somewhat but it is still there cos the memory space still sucks and I totally cannot take night photo. It will end up as a murky blur. I will be searching around though and maybe postponing it for a while. Maybe I will buy that back in Penang? *thinking hard*
-end-
Epilogue: I will be going back to Pen this friday!!!! NOOOOOOOOO I WANNA STAY LONGER FOR HOLS!!!!!!!!!! *CRY*
-end-
Epilogue: I will be going back to Pen this friday!!!! NOOOOOOOOO I WANNA STAY LONGER FOR HOLS!!!!!!!!!! *CRY*

No comments:
Post a Comment