The 2nd day of NLDS starts off with phototaking session of each LC and also the full NLDS/MNC delegates. The venue for phototaking session is at the arena of Perdanasiswa, the student culture and activities centre. Btw, Perdanasiswa is not just a building, its a COMPLEX of interconnecting building and form the epicentre of student activities, like club/organization rooms, student council office and and performance hall. USM, however have pitiful cubicle for clubs *sigh*.
The day was quite gloomy as well with rain soon after all of us are there. We are provided with breakfast which is bun with cream, arguably the best breakfast that I have here in NLDS. (Nasi lemak for breakfast?! I don't want diarrhea early in the morning!!!) Even though a few of my friend complained that the chocolate and pandan cream looked and tasted fake...LOL Who cares as long as we can eat!!!
Unfortunately before the whole thing starts, my nose starts to bleed as i rubbed my nose. *gasp* I was looking for tissue and Ching, Rubi and BeeChin not to mention the OC's(with tissue soak in Dettol) come to my aid. Ching as an first aider told me to look down while pinching the soft part of my nose(this is the correct method for nosebleeding) and at the same time correcting other passerby who concerns to hold my head up(common misconception). LOL I guess first aider knows best lar!!! Then BeeChin issued an ultimatum for me: go back and rest! You are officially out of todays event(somewhere similar to this line). And its accurate that I really need a rest...so later I was arranged to take the OC's(Jasmine the OCP) car back to hostel...The rest of delegates of course, walk in the rain to the plenary hall which is not very far....
LCUSM...BUT wait! where am I? I am at the back tending to my nosebleed *WTH* This is before the real thing starts I think...BTW, Charina, who suffer from leg injury also take the same car as me except she still need to go to MNC while I need to go back. And you know what happen when Jasmine arrived with her Kenari? Zhong Jie and Adel are in the car as well and another OC(forgot his name) need to bring the whole pie of leftover bun back to the OC room near the plenary hall!!! LOL packed like sardine!!! After dropping all the other people at the plenary hall, its my turn to go back to my hostel.(I do grab a few leftover bun as food before i go back...) Once i reached the hostel, i head straight to bed after taking Paracetamols...and I fell asleep for dunno how many hours...
I woke up in 4pm in the evening just when Vance is also back due to illness as well. Too bad for both of us that we need to suffer headaches and miss the event...then i went back to sleep again...
Woke up again in 7pm and now I am really hungry. I was searching for highs and lows around the hostel to find any food source to no avail because the hostel cafe is closed!!! As I was growing more and more desperate, I received as call of salvation: Zahirah. Apparently she is around the hostel as well and she wants to go for tonight's party at Plenary hall. She asked me whether I need a ride there as well since her parent gonna picks her up from the hostel. With fear of starvation in mind, I quickly accepted the suggestion and rushed back to bathe and change.(by this time my headache subsided.) Unfortunately for Vance though, he is still quite ill for tonights party so he stays back. I was running a little bit late to catch Zahirah's ride(sorry uncle) and I have to squeeze a little bit because Zahirah's sister, Sakina and younger bros are there as well.
We reached there before everything starts. First things that I searched for: FOOD!!! But same vege's and meat again.(and the same menu for the next few day except rotation between lunch and dinner) Only after satisfying my hunger I start to look around admiring other people schools uniform.(BTW our theme for tonights party is Back to school Party, where we need to wear our uniform). I was wondering why West Malaysian school uniform got so many varieties?! Red(skirt), green(skirt) white(pant), you name it!! And also most of them have nice school badges that is pinned while what I have back in school are the one that I sewed on *sigh* But the uniform that YeanMeay wears really catches my eye...pleated skirt!!!!! While what i wear is my typical formal wear even though I can pretend that I am prefect sans blazer, ties and badge. LOL some other even greet me as Teachers and Principal LOL. But there's one delegates that rocks even more: she wears her PRIMARY SCHOOL UNIFORM. WOOT Everyone is cheering for her daring choice!!! She totally grab the attention!!!(she fits the PRIMARY school uniform quite well due to small statures of her)
I woke up in 4pm in the evening just when Vance is also back due to illness as well. Too bad for both of us that we need to suffer headaches and miss the event...then i went back to sleep again...
Woke up again in 7pm and now I am really hungry. I was searching for highs and lows around the hostel to find any food source to no avail because the hostel cafe is closed!!! As I was growing more and more desperate, I received as call of salvation: Zahirah. Apparently she is around the hostel as well and she wants to go for tonight's party at Plenary hall. She asked me whether I need a ride there as well since her parent gonna picks her up from the hostel. With fear of starvation in mind, I quickly accepted the suggestion and rushed back to bathe and change.(by this time my headache subsided.) Unfortunately for Vance though, he is still quite ill for tonights party so he stays back. I was running a little bit late to catch Zahirah's ride(sorry uncle) and I have to squeeze a little bit because Zahirah's sister, Sakina and younger bros are there as well.
We reached there before everything starts. First things that I searched for: FOOD!!! But same vege's and meat again.(and the same menu for the next few day except rotation between lunch and dinner) Only after satisfying my hunger I start to look around admiring other people schools uniform.(BTW our theme for tonights party is Back to school Party, where we need to wear our uniform). I was wondering why West Malaysian school uniform got so many varieties?! Red(skirt), green(skirt) white(pant), you name it!! And also most of them have nice school badges that is pinned while what I have back in school are the one that I sewed on *sigh* But the uniform that YeanMeay wears really catches my eye...pleated skirt!!!!! While what i wear is my typical formal wear even though I can pretend that I am prefect sans blazer, ties and badge. LOL some other even greet me as Teachers and Principal LOL. But there's one delegates that rocks even more: she wears her PRIMARY SCHOOL UNIFORM. WOOT Everyone is cheering for her daring choice!!! She totally grab the attention!!!(she fits the PRIMARY school uniform quite well due to small statures of her)

Cam whoring before the whole party starts!!! We are playing truants and Mr Kelvin Diong are here to catch us for truant...but he joined us in the end to party LOL.
Soon, we entered the plenary hall when it is announced that Digi is gonna host the Back to School party and we are given lecture notes(aka flyers). Obviously this is a promotional stunts but they do have quizzes and lucky draw to give away freebies. But the best prize of all in the lucky draw is a free handphone...some lucky girl in UM got it *dang*. Since there are many people that use other Telcos service(well I am a Hotlink user of Maxis), some people from behind are cheering Maxis is hot-to-go and followed by Celcom when the Digi's yellow army leaves the hall. Consequently, we got ourselves a short free lecture from Sandy, our MCP because cheering for other Telcos while Digi who was invited to start the party are quite disrespectful toward them. But as soon as she is done, she announced lets get the party started!!!!! Squaredance, Squaredance and more Squaredance for hours!!!! But obviously before that, photos for the whole delegates in school uniform!!!! BTW, I also locate one Thomian as well, Clara Yeo which is in LCUKM.Competition between different school alumnis(with ChungLing people lead by HuaKhee, SoonKhen, and ZhongJie being the loudest) and uni (counter from the whole LCUUM which sing their uni anthem, Ilmu, Budi dan Bakti) occur as well. The exchange was way amusing!!!! When all the commotion is done, Squaredance, Squaredance and more Squaredance for hours!!!!
The grand class photo of NLDS 2007!!! LOL I am so small inside!!
The grand class photo of NLDS 2007!!! LOL I am so small inside!!
Look at everyone is school uniform. The girls nearest to the camera is Jessica, fellow GreenRoad of Kuching!!!
...and more squaredance. Notice the Malay lady there? She is one of the craziest and most outgoing delegates ever!!!!(I think she is from UPM) We even shake our ass before in Cha-cha!!!I enjoyed this party thoroughly and finally my emotion is not crappy anymore. I also realized pain are merely in our mind so we can make ourselves busy and doing other stuff to distract myself from the pain.
But there are something regrettable for me that fall sick. I miss a valuable session of teambuilding of my group(the challenge for today is building a tower) which effect my dynamic with my group when I am back in action. Besides that, I totally missed the great oppurtunity in skill building session which will definitely helped in shaping values in me. In other words, my NLDS experience are incomplete due to my sickness...really a pitiful event...
But since the headache is finally over, I am in full energy and excited to back in action the next day!!!! More Updates soon...day 3 is coming!!!!!
But there are something regrettable for me that fall sick. I miss a valuable session of teambuilding of my group(the challenge for today is building a tower) which effect my dynamic with my group when I am back in action. Besides that, I totally missed the great oppurtunity in skill building session which will definitely helped in shaping values in me. In other words, my NLDS experience are incomplete due to my sickness...really a pitiful event...
But since the headache is finally over, I am in full energy and excited to back in action the next day!!!! More Updates soon...day 3 is coming!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment