Saturday, 15 December 2007

Hah? Semi filler post again?! Registration day!!!!

This is yet another filler post before continuing my full NLDS report...after all, my registration day(which is today) is also a blog-able material so here I am blogging about tidbits about my university life!! Here goes...

It all started with a typical Saturday routine in USM: brushed teeth, breakfast and online (LOL). Even though the advent of a gone plug due to notice board still pains me, in the end i still can't resist onlining at cafe...plus i need to wait the hostel admins office to open for me to officially registered into Tekun as well so might as well kill some time before getting the key. As soon as my batteries runs out again, I have to move to the other side of the cafe to get the plug...which is way far from the modem where the signal is the strongest *sigh* Hence crappy onlining experience...then almost at 9pm sharp, I went up to the admins office to get my key by filling in the hostel inhabitant card and getting the key. After that, back to my room to tidy up and prepare for the real event of the day: registration of 2nd semesters course!!!

We need to go to respective academic advisor to get the result slip and also form to register for the next semester. As soon as I reach Dr. Aniswal's office to get my result slip, a line is already formed in front of her office. A few of my coursemate are there as well either to get the result slip or to get her signature for registration of the courses. Once I reach the door I saw notice of her meeting time but whats more eyecatching is the ps: no appointment by email...so the mail that I send is wasted lar I guess....so back in line for me!!! After half an hour of wait, its my turn to get my result skip plus registration form. Not much comment from her besides keep up for the good work.(btw I am eligible for Dean's list WOOHOO!!!!!)

After that I go to Pusat Bahasa(tumpanging XiangYi's bro's car) to get the time for the language courses. One shocking things that really mess up my plan is that we can't take LHP courses which includes my core subject, English for Translation/Interpretation before finishing LSP401, General English. So I left with 16 unit which is 2 units behind my intended numbers of unit, 18. Since I have no interest in any Ko-k, I have to register an language option to cover the Ko-K unit. And so I make my quick decision to take up Spanish. Again we need to venture to lecturers office to get the registration paper and get their signature from them...and I have the feeling in my gut that the Spanish lecturer that we gonna have will be kinda bitchy, judging from her altitude of speaking...nah don't care as long as I get registered!! And one other thing that shocks me is the crashing of HPW102, Pemikiran Kritis with one of my Japanese minor class on Wednesday...and even if i change to group one is still the same cos the Wednesday time slot fot both group are the same. *sigh* Even though later Shean Thye assured me that Pemikiran Kritis are skippable but still it is better if no class crashes at all...ahh no time to loose, back to Dr. Aniswal's office!!!!!

By the time i reach Dr. Aniswal's office, the line is pretty much dissipates and I get my signature with relative ease. Now, I have to go and register my courses in my school which is luckily nearby. As soon as I reach there, there is empty slot of computer to register so the registration is done pretty quickly. Since it is almost lunch time, I reach there pretty much like 10 plus minutes before they take a break for lunch so lucky me!! SanJing and HueyLan however was a little unlucky cos they reach there right after the door closes...LOL they only knew it after me and Shirley came out to tell both of them. So, I join SanJing and HueyLan to lunch at Beanbean cafe which is right outside Sg Dua gate. All 3 of us ordered mushroom chicken rice which oddly, does not have many mushroom. (two pitifully tiny mushroom for me) Btw, this cafe is really a homely business as shown with two cheerful kid who help their mom to serve the full...in pajamas LOL.

After lunch, I bid myself farewell to Sanjing and HueyLan as they went back to our school to finish up the registration and me dropping by Dk foyer to online.(and btw, I am bringing my laptop bag along for the whole day...feels like I will accidentally knock someone if i am not paying enough attention...) A few hours and then I walk back to Tekun...pretty much end of story...

So what subject that I registered this sem? Here comes the list!!!!
LLJ200- Intermediate Japanese
-continuation of my minor...lets get it on!!! Now I am only worried that I am in another group which i might not familiar with since most of my coursemate are in group one while I am in group two...

LSP401-General English
-core English unit that i must take before can advance further in English.

LAE100- Spanish level one
-Hmm...hope can cope this...and in another unfamiliar group some more...

HBT105- Translation Techniques and Methods
-Core subject. A must to pass!!!!

CMM111-IT: concept and techniques
-i really hope it is not the Excel, Word thing kind of crap...its gonna be a challenge for me since I don't know most of the features in Microsoft offices(but then again, how many do understand anyway?)

SHE101- Ethnic Relation
-Yet another crappy skippable subject...but this one have assignment and project as well so I better be careful on this one..

HPW102-Critical thinking
-Also another crap compulsory subject...and also yet another skippable course...but I hope I can understand the mind boggling question that it might ask...anyone will be totally puzzled with the text book...for example: Man can travel back in time: Truth or false? LOL

NLDS post to be continue...soon I hope...

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...