Ahha, yet another semi filler trip before i continue with my NLDS post. Nah, just to keep everyone update of my whereabout. Currently, I am back at Penang to the greatest place that i really want to be: USM!!! So, this post is about....yesterday!
Location: Taman Sri Sentosa somewhere near Petaling Jaya aka my cousin's house. Its just like any other typical day for my stay in KL *wakeup, breakfast, online* except one thing: I am goin back to Penang later in the evening by Express Bus on my own for the first time!!!! Do a little final check and packing and soon it is noon already. Gone out to tapao chicken rice for my cousin, since she sacrifice her lunch time to send me to LRT station so its only fair if i treat her once. But looks like the sky enjoy giving extra challenge to human so...it rained. Heavily. I have to lug my *HEAVY* luggage into her car by goin through the rain to her parking space. And then due to her crappy rubber of her car's door, rain water seeps into the car!!! To make the matter worse, the visibility of the road is quite low and her driving skill...aint that good...the start of the trip is already a tumultuous one...
She drop me at Sri Petaling LRT station which is the last station of the line. Again, more luggage lugging(i have to let my luggage in first through the other side which got opening while going through the turnstile because it is too big for it!!!!) So here comes the smooth but kinda bored LRT ride to Plaza Rakyat, my intended destination before reaching rakyat Puduraya. Reach there, same procedure of going through turnstile aka luggage lugging occur(one LRT trip cost RM1.90 btw). After another excructiating trip of a few hundred meters of covered walkway to Puduraya, yet another challenge came...Puduraya is one heck of a steamy, jampacked, choking and chaotic bus terminus. There are people EVERYWHERE and the bus companies people keep on repeating Ipoh Ipoh!! Singapore Singapore!! JB! JB!!. Waiting. Volunteers from charity organization came for donation(i gave them RM10) and buy some bread and snack for the 5 hours plus trip...
3.45pm. The bus arrived and off we go to board our bus!!! My bus is Transnasional and I have to tell you their seat are spacious! 1-2 arrangement with reclining seat(even though its not much and I saw the super executive one are 1-1 seat formation! even more luxurious!!). By 4.05pm, the bus finally depart and heading to Penang!!! We had a short stopover at Duta Bus station to pick up more passengers. By 5.00 we are on the highway!!!! But as soon as we hit the highway (i think near Rawang), we enter a severe traffic jam...snail speed!!! We are stuck in the traffic due to highway expansion. Actually most stretches of north-south highway are having extension as the bus travelled along the way. I fell asleep for most part of the first stretch.
7plus pm: We have a 15 minutes stop over at Simpang Pulai rest stop where everyone including me drop by at the loo ,get their refreshment and extra snacks at Petronas Station there. Soon, we hit yet another seeming endless stretch of highway. Nothing noticeable along the way except lime stone hill andgoing through on tunnel near Ipoh. Actually by this stretch I am already growing impatient and anticipates go back to Penang so i was paying extra attention for every signboard that we went past calculating how long does it take to reach Georgetown. The signboard that says "Sempadan Negeri Pulau Pinang" excites me the most. I am almost there!!!!
After going through Bukit Mertajam, finally the signboard that says 'susur keluar ke Georgetown(melalui Jambatan Pulau Pinang)' is here. I was humming "Untuk Negeri Kita" while crossing through Penang bridge cos I so wanna be there!!!
9.45pm. Finally the bus entered Sg Nibong Bus Terminus. More luggage lugging occurs. Since everyone that I know who has a car are either busy and not around(I was doin some hardcore sms-ing for transport!!!), I have to take a cab for the very first time alone. But luckily as soon I reach the gate outside, here comes a cab from my back. He signalled me whether i wanna take his cab or not so obviously I take it!!! The taxi driver (Encik Isnin) is one good man cos he know where exactly he needs to go since he pick up many USM students before and he leaves his contact(customer relationship?) in case we need a cab again. One last luggage lugging before reaching the safe refuge: my room in Tekun!!!! Benjamin, my roommate is already in by the time i reach my room since he came back earlier. Grab my box from the store room and then unpack my luggage. Bathe and then doing the same routine again: down to cafe to online!!!!!
When i reach my favorite spot to go online, I found myself in a shock: the plug which i always use to plug in is gone!!!! And they didn't bother to rewire it when they put up a new notice spot WTH!!!!!! It seriously ruin any online experience especially since my laptop can only last for 50 minutes...dang. After my laptop is out of juice, off i go back to hostel(but after i grab some cup noodle. most of the cafeteria were still closed). Plug in my laptop and attempt to go online again in my room even though i didn't have high hope for it. And I did successfully online!!! YESSS even though the connection is kinda crappy up there, its still online!!!! So with cup noodle in my hand, i go online in my own room...even though the connection sometimes is unbearably slow...Soon my energy gives up on me so i crash to my bed looking for a nice sleep and it is a well needed one since there are still hostel and courses registration on the next day....
...more updates about course registration and NLDS post soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment