2007 is finally reaching its very end and by tomorrow it will another new year, 2008. It has been one great and memorable year for me. Most importantly, this is a year of change. A lot of drastic change in the course of my life occur in the year 2007. Sweet or bitter, its still a part of my memories. So now lets have a brief rundown on the memory lane,on what happened throughout this one year...
- My very first proper part time job-Temporary tutor at tuition centre. Small class, cute student, a little extra money to keep. Met my former classmate which I lost contact since form3.
- My very first REAL job with paycheck: Temporary teacher in my primary school.
> Meet lots of student...ranging from really excellent to amusing and funny until downright annoying.
> Volunteered to lead my school's choral speaking team. We all went through it together my dear student!!!!
> Virgin experience of planning test paper. Marking my own test paper done by myself is a good experience.
> Realized that a student now is way different that what I have been before.
> Realized that parent these day pamper their children so much...even when their children totally did not deserve it. If the parent who complained me are those of troublesome children, I hope they realized their children will never have a good future.
> Realized that rancangan pengajaran tahunan is one useless red tape crap. And I feel totally headache about it.
> My first bitter experience of office politics. Some of the teacher are just conniving, evil, selfish Bxxtches and SOBxxtches and scheme against one another. And I am one of the victim...
> Realizing my primary school isn't the one I knew anymore...it changed so much and most of them were turning for the worse...
> Found out that my former teacher which became the headmistress is very much a hypocrite and I am pretty pissed inside when she says I am quite arrogant(I just being silent, OK?!) and look down on the other teacher who can only get diploma while I go to university and get a degree...in a very nice motherly tone...when I think back it just make me sick and seeing bleak future for the school. And now I DO look down on them for degrading the teaching's profession.
> OVERALL: Teaching profession ain't something that worth hype up with. Totally kill off my idea of teaching profession. You can say teaching these day totally decayed in a sense...
- STPM result day. The day we receive our result slip is the day we bid farewell to school uniform life...for one last FINAL time where there is no turning back... 1A(PA), 2A-(Bio and Math) and 1B+(Chemistry). 3.67. Kinda proud with myself for performing up to my standard with respectable result.
- Driving lesson, test and P license.
> Discovered that why private driving school doesn't help in improving the quality of driving...or lowering the number of roadkill. Almost all of them are commercially driven and paid little attention to educate the driver...and of course, back room deal and such.
> Learned the true meaning of patience...WTH my tutor takes forever to settle my P license issue with JPJ!!! I only got it in like last month while my test ended somewhere April or May...
> I still suck and scared of driving. Such a loser driver...
- Successfully applied and entered my course and university of my choice: Bachelor of Arts Translation and Interpretation of Universiti Sains Malaysia, main campus.
> Enjoying living outside without parents for long period of time. Much awaited freedom to make decision at last.
> Meeting lots of new friend from various places across Malaysia.
> Discovered that there are many Sarawakian coursemate in my course.
> Amused a lot of people by choosing this course as my first choice despite the reasonably high pointer.
> Taking foreign language (Japanese) for the first time.
> Manage to loose some weight with at least 5kg gone.
> Got my very first laptop from my cousin...need some time to get used to the small keyboard size...plus first time shopping in PCFair buying external harddisk.
> PTPTN documentation approval is crazy...JPA documentation approval is almost crazy except in a much smaller scale. Some part of my life during and after uni are binded by agreement with JPA.
> Exceeding the limit of staying up late...once stay up until 5pm in the morning fighting through assignment/project last minute...need to hand up by morning...
> Discovered that my distaste for extra curricular or sports activities lives on...except the next one:
-Joined AIESEC @.
> Discovered that we can have lots of fun while working hard.
> Adapt to squaredance, screaming the rollcall and jingle while in the restriction of formal wear.
> Active learning and participation in taking responsibility and leadership especially in Youth Alive HIV/AIDS Awareness Project and process of being a Junior Executive of Learning.
> NLDS in UM: currently my most impactful AIESEC eXPerience. Check my series of NLDS updates and you will see how impactful can it be.
> Pretty much successfully making my uni life much more interesting...
One year had passed and another year will arrive soon. Now, the only thing I can do now: waiting the clock to reach 12 midnight, sing Auld Lang Syne and bid farewell to the bittersweet year of 2007. At the same time of course welcoming and yearning for one fruitful year of 2008...This post might be the last post of the year 2007...
p.s. Actually this post at first wasn't the one I want to post to conclude year 2007. In fact my original draft was way more melancholic compared to the normal tone of this post. But then I realized, there is nothing to be worried about in the end and I somewhat don't really like the end product(arrangement of words, paragraphing and such) and the overall feel of it. Finally, I just save that draft in my own computer( just in case I will post it in the future) and typed this year end reflection post which sounds and feel much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment