It's less than 6 hours to go before I leave Kuching on a jetplane (to be precise, AirAsia) and flying back to Penang to start the 2nd semester of my 2nd year in university...
...and I still can't shake off the lingering anxiousness and fear right now.
What's wrong with me?
The reality right now is way too close to run away from. And definitely it's not just about starting next semester with full 20 units...
Last couple thing to do before going to the airport:
1. Tapao Kolo mee for Benjamin, who decided to stayed back in Penang for this hols.
*CHECKED* This was taken when I eat kolo mee with Ben. LOL I tapao 3 so both of us ate 1 and half pack of kolo mee. We divided the charsiew evenly for the 3rd kolo mee. LOL We are just a bunch of pork eater!
2. Packing up the last of my luggage (including figuring out how to pack the kolo mee and white pepper that I will bring back as souvenir)3. Have dinner and TangYuan with parents. (yeah Winter Solstice is around the corner and my parent decided to have steamboat as dinner)
This was dinner actually and we ate the remainders of our steamboat lunch. Mom cooked butter prawn as well as barbequed duck for today. Love my family so much!!!I hope I can survive next sem, not just in academically but as well as physically and mentally. I seriously need strength for this!
CRAP Now I am feeling emo already.
Epilogue: And I feel that I am in a sinkhole already, when I am the only one among my circle of frens taking abnormal psycho since all of them decided to jump ship and taking development psychology instead. OMFGZ I am left alone to fend myself? Now my mind turn abnormal already!
*Edit: Continuing the story...
I reached quite late at the airport due to last minute packing of luggage (the cause: the white pepper kolo mee, my new shoes and a couple of t-shirts that I almost forget to bring back). And the moment I reach the check in counter, I was immediately in shock...
Flight AK 5951 bound to Penang. And here I was stuck at the end of the line...Anyway, a lot of familliar faces of USM from main campus as well as engineering campus are on this flight as well. Looks like every Kuchingites USM-ers are on this flight to checked into the hostel the next morning. Anyway, still waiting in line and spotted HueyLan on the other line. I took the 2nd counter because it look shorter than the first line. But little do I know the problem that is waiting in line for me....jpg)
So I waited. And waited. AND WAITED. And the line is moving at snail-pace!!!! And soon HueyLan at the first line are passing me with their line processing fast. I think it was a newbie that handles my counter will attribute to the snail speed. Not too long after that, I was fuming in anger already by the fact that I am still waiting in line at 7:50pm, exactly 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time!!! And by the time its my turn to check in, the first line are almost done with the passengers to Penang and ready for the next flight bound to KL. As soon as I checked in my bag, I grab my bag and made a mad dash (really running) towards the departure hall, going thru the custom before rushing to boarding gates. As soon as I descend from the escalator, the boarding announcement for flight AK5951 was made and I rush even faster, to gate 1 at the far tip of the airport.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Phew, made it just in time and not before long we started boarding...but still it doesn't change the fact that I stuck at the end of the line and decimating the choice of seats in plane just because of the REALLY slow ground staff...
Leaving on a jet plane...glimpse of AirAsia's A320 in their striking Bank Rakyat livery, taken while walking across the tarmac for boarding at Kuching International Airport. And I was stucked in the aisle seat with no view at all, with a blue bag on the floor with dractically reduced the already limited legroom. Cattle class it is. Even the flight was kinda suck with bumpy ride and the announcement from the flight attendant sounded not properly done. Delved into my manga as well as inflight magazine through the rest of the flight.
After one kinda rough descend to Penang International Airport from the sea side of the runway, we finally landed safely at Penang International Airport. Another glimpse of AirAsia A320 in Bank Rakyat livery. Love the orange line in dark blue look! Again took a mad dash to reclaim the luggage...and again my bag comes out pretty late WTH. After claiming my bag, went straight to the taxi counter to book a cab back to hostel. And by luck, I bumped into Charles, a friend of Benjamin and we share the same cab back since we head to the same direction anyway- Desasiswa Tekun! Thank god I bumped into him because I saved RM13 buck for it. Either way, immediately had a taste of Penang as soon as we hit the road: fast and reckless driver!
But we still reach Tekun safely...I was greeted by Benjamin at his doorstep, who can't wait for my kolo mee lolx! We had our kolo mee supper together before I head back to my room to unwind and catch some snooze. But maybe due to kolo mee or lack of pillow (save for a small, sofa pillow left by previous tenant of this room) and bedsheet as well as the hot weather, I didn't sleep well...and the stupid rooster just have to croak at midnight WTH. (or izzit early morning already? since the sun rises later in this part of Malaysia...) And ohh, luckily they fixed the clogged pipe at the washroom at my cluster. But for some odd reason, some stupid cat decided to take our toilet as it's place to take a dump...dollops of cat poo littered arnd the sitting toilet and the toilet is reeking shit even not though no one used it for the whole holiday! Looks like its gonna be yet another shithole cluster again this semester...Continues in the next post...
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment