Prologue: The infrared in my lappie is finally working!!!! Apparently those unknown device in the device manager is indeed the infrared! I am a much happier person now. *leaping in joy*While Pearl Island aka Penang currently embroiled in a certain issue in which can be observed from
this,
this,
this,
this,
this, and
this, I came back to my beloved hometown of Kuching and decided to have a little observation, from my home area to downtown Kuching.
And all of this are what I saw around Kuching:

Some lorong near to my house. BTW, Kota Sentosa, the place where I live is a suburb of Kuching and a part of Kuching proper but its not exactly close to the city centre...

...which means the establishment of the asylum that left Kota Sentosa or formerly known as 7th Mile
infamous since a very long time.

The warning sign at Kota Sentosa Market.

The water (Lembaga Air Kuching or Kuching Water Board) and electricity (SESCO) bill. Interestingly, SESCO bill is written fully in English in front, from the label to the instruction etc. While LAK bill is written predominantly in BM, the piece of advice about usage of water etc are done in English.

SUPP's signboard over their 7th mile sub-branch, taken while I went over to the post office to pay the bills: BM, Iban, Mandarin and English.

Public toilet at Petanak Market, the place of my Kueh Chap outing with Owen YangLip B-Shan and SanHui a couple of days ago.

The road right beside Padang Merdeka around the historical heart of Kuching. Went downtown to have a little visit a couple of days ago.

One of the small sideroad linking the Main Bazaar Road (along the riverside esplanade) with Carpenter Street (亚答街), one of the oldest area in Kuching. But somehow, I can't seems to locate the roadsign for Carpenter Street itself. Hidden by the shops' signboard I suppose.

Another sidestreet of Carpenter Street (亚答街).

Interestingly, the other end of Carpenter Street near the Star Cineplex is named and end as Ewe Hai Street. And the Bishopgate here refers to the sidegate of St Thomas Cathedral connecting Carpenter Street back in the olden days.
So what's the conclusion of my observation?
WHY SO SERIOUS?
And I believe its pretty obvious on how old it looks the roadsign in the historical heart of Kuching that I manage to highlight. So, I rest my case.
Epilogue: And I don't like the way this guy here drawing comparison between Penang and Sarawak. He is implying...something.Either way, more blogpost will come with more photos within these few days so look forward to it ya!!!!!ZheRong is happy because his laptop is back in shape and he got himself a passport...
No comments:
Post a Comment