Despite how hard I tried to persevere and adjust my timetable, my free Friday is still gone into dust...Now the initial slight happiness for the timetable is gone...and once all the tutorial timeslots and one recording time falls into its places, the illusion of empty timetable is gone in the wind. Just look at my updated timetable.
So here's the picture. *Finally* Anyway, there is gonna be one more slot to be filled which is the tutorial for DevPsycho...which also means that one more hour will be gone from this list. Arrgh why there is so many days that ends in 5pm!!!To add in the dispair, the first day of lectures which only touched on course outline is already overwheming. For HBT214: Simultaneous Interpretation, we have additional 1 and a half hours tutorial AND recording session and since this is 100% courseworks based, there will be weekly tutorial homework as well as recording excercise and this contributes 50%. Another 25% comes from midterm and final test and the last chunk of 25% comes from group project. Yikes yet another group project!?
Group project which I clipped on my HBT214 course outline.The more shocking one will be HBT207: Producing and Editing Translation in which we are greeted with this:
Pretty unbelievable, right? While other people received a piece of paper or two as their course outline, we have a booklet for it...and it worth two bucks of photostating fee.
Just to add in the information though, I finally succumbed to peer influence and decided to jump ship to Development Psychology. I switch group for my Japanese as well to accomodate my Psycho and just to fill the Friday up since it is already not free with the recording in the evening...
Epilogue: Food for happiness?! Will I fall prey again to binging due to prolonged emo-ness?
TangYuan from Sarawak Chinese Student Community. A taste of home...
Pretty unbelievable, right? While other people received a piece of paper or two as their course outline, we have a booklet for it...and it worth two bucks of photostating fee.So what's in the booklet anyway? Course outline, full detail of the courseworks (and this is 100% coursework...AGAIN.) as well as 5 FULL TEXTS taken from various sources (magaznies, novels and even which will be use as our weekly excersise. For the weekly excersise, it's not just about translating only but we need to edit the work of our friend and give our own assessment about it. My feet was shaking already whenever I look at those 5 text given. But Oh boy, the whole torture thing doesn't end just YET...another component of the assignment consist of student seminars, in which basically means every week, one group will take over the lectures and present their work according to the weekly theme. And the theme is different each week so basically everyone is scrambling to form a group and rushes to the office to register for the theme they wanted. Just to add in a snag, Dr. Goh (who is our course coordinator) makes it compulsory that the group member must reflect, in his own words, "kemajmukan masyarakat Malaysia" and when you heard these words, you know the drill. Trading of members between different group occur on the spot just to fulfill the need for "menunjukkan kemajmukan masyarakat Malaysia". Last but not least of course, 2 reports, in which one of them is about the importance of world knowledge in the realm of translation and another comphrehensive report detailing about the editing of translation that we did for the weekly excersise...
...AND I ONLY MENTIONED 2 PAPERS ONLY UNTIL NOW. There are 2 papers left in the pipeline which is HBT207: Terminology and Lexicology and HBT203: Law and Translation II. Please, don't add in more surprises...This is already way too overwhelming already...
...AND I ONLY MENTIONED 2 PAPERS ONLY UNTIL NOW. There are 2 papers left in the pipeline which is HBT207: Terminology and Lexicology and HBT203: Law and Translation II. Please, don't add in more surprises...This is already way too overwhelming already...
Just to add in the information though, I finally succumbed to peer influence and decided to jump ship to Development Psychology. I switch group for my Japanese as well to accomodate my Psycho and just to fill the Friday up since it is already not free with the recording in the evening...
Epilogue: Food for happiness?! Will I fall prey again to binging due to prolonged emo-ness?
TangYuan from Sarawak Chinese Student Community. A taste of home...Looks like I am gonna lose out again in building healthy eating habit then!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment