Wednesday, 10 June 2009

I knew it's not going to be smooth!

Prologue: UGS v2.0: Big thumbs up up UP! Very good job, Ced!

Today, I went to USM International Office to check on my student exchange application to University of Victoria, Canada, wondering about my application status since most of my coursemates who applied got their reply from respective university already. Turns out my gut feeling and back up research is right after all. The exchange agreement of UVic and USM is INDEED only applicable for Business courses (and the agreement for other courses are closed due to low exchange number. All because of management student hogging the student exchange programme and can only settle for business related courses.) and I can only choose Business if I wanna go to UVic. (Which I won't cos I despises business.) By this time, all other Canadian Universities had closed their exchange application already. And USM IO didn't bother to contact me about this. I missed out my chance to go to Canada due to misinformation and technicality problem. FML.

My current status for student exchange right now is in jeopardy. I have to reapply to other universities if I ever want to go for a student exchange and I had to go through the ever unreliable USM International Office to liaise with other universities for vacancy since some of universities closed their application already but still ready to accept more student. I can only get the reply from IO tomorrow as they need to email the exchange coordinator over respective universities. The only catch?

I AM GOING HOME TO KUCHING TOMORROW.

FUCK.

How am I suppose to do anything if the application requires submission of documents? And you actually expect me to call you back before I drop by to IO tomorrow morning (luckily my flight is in evening) just because you all might have meeting? Why the hell you people didn't call me or email me about my application status? I would have knew NOTHING at all if I didn't drop by to your office at all, all tired and sweaty after going up and down the Chancellory Hill just to hand in my salary claim form to the Treasury. "THANK YOU" VERY MUCH. SERIOUSLY.

With the chance of going to Canada gone *poof*, I put down another 3 universities: Australia National University (ACT, Australia), University of HongKong (HongKong SAR) and National University of Singapore (Singapore) and hopefully they still have vacancy for me. According to Encik Wan of IO (blergh), chances of vacancies for UHK can be quite high since there is one student who want to reject her own offer. NUS are pretty high as well and I can stand a chance to secure a scholarship from NUS as well as USM, just like what Vincent did before. As for ANU, the chances are slightly lower and I can only go there on the 2nd semester since it is too late to apply for 1st semester. But still the vacancy for application are still uncertain as I can get the reply from IO tomorrow and If they can get prompt reply. Otherwise...my chance for student exchange is screwed and I will be an obedient final year student and graduate at the time that I should be graduating.

*sigh* Schitt Happn'd.

fail owned pwned pictures
see more Fail Blog

Epilogue: Can't wait to go home tomorrow. Don't leave me and enjoy too much without me, Kuching 38-gang! Expect a couple more blogpost in the future!

2 comments:

Eli James said...

If you come over to NUS ... I'll be able to see you - and that'll be fun, no? ^.^

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

Yes it is but only if I am offered a scholarship!

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...