Monday, 28 April 2008

The day I came home: an adventure of its own!!!

As I woke up from my sleep, there is something different than the any other day...Yes, its the day that I am going home, concluding another semester as well as my very first year in university life...the boxes of stuffs, and my not-yet-fully-packed luggage...that's the sign that says: I need to finish up my packing PRONTO.

Start off my last day in uni for this semester with some SERIOUS packing. First: bedsheet, blanket and pillow cover that need to be folded. Had to keep an eye on the whether there was lice/bedbug taking a hitchhike or not. (DISGUSTING NON-ORGANISM) Next: all my clothes as well as the clothes' hanger. The formal wear such as button shirt and slacks goes into my larger roller-bag which will be left at my cousin's house while usual t-shirts and pants will be going home. Ahh, better bring back one pair of socks and a couple of my undergarment as well. Clothes hanger are tied together using extra rubber band that I had collected throughout the semester. (not to mention all those plastic bags as well: proved to be very useful in times of need) Then: all the miscellaneous stuff such as my plates, brushes, water scoop, mosquito repellent etc, etc: into the GIANT box which was already more than half full. Some maneuvering to maximize the usage of empty spaces in the box. Ahh, my pillow as well. Into its plastic covers and then to be put on the top of all those stuff. Aiks, my files of document and stuff and stuff hadn't put it in yet! Put the files under the pillow and then closing up the box. Seriously overflowed. Now: DUCT TAPE. First to be taped is the smaller box holding BeeChin's past years note as well as couple of my notes. TAPED. Next: the HUMONGOUS one. Cannot use the usual way to tape and close up the box due to the bulging surface of overflow. Pushed and squeezed to keep the box closed to be taped. Had to taped horizontally on two sides and the centre instead of parallel to the opening. MORE TAPE. The underside had to taped as well to provide extra support for the extra weight. I would have SUICIDE in despair if I carry it halfway and it break from the bottom. One more cut, VOILA. Packing of the box: done. Continue with clothes but first of all need to choose which clothes to be wear later on the plane back. Settled with my BUDAYA t-shirt. At first felt like wanna bring back my bedsheets and stuff back as well but changed my mind when realized that it is eating up valuable space in bag, I washed in yesterday already and I have no use of it. So into the large bags it goes...

Next bag: my red bag which I planned to bring back home. My clothes, into the red bag it goes. Hmm, looks like there’s enough place for my sports shoes and formal shoes. AH! Kinda remembered that I need I still have one towel as well as my the clothes that I am currently wearing. Hmm, it feels like there is still enough space to put all of it in…but for now: lets go online first instead!!! Checked Friendster, Facebook, mails, blogs, surfed all the website that I need to surf. Ahh its almost noon and I am kinda hungry. Went to bathe and changed into long pants and BUDAYA t-shirt readied, getting ready to hop on flight to go home. And now that I had taken my bath, I can put my towel and used clothes into the bag now. But wait! What about the lamp thingy that I need to passed to Shirley as birthday present from XiangYi and Theepha? Hmm…the lamp went in first. Then my sport shoes. Aiks, the empty space left was kinda…tried to shove my formal shoes in...FAILED. But since I will be only wearing it during PPMS, guess it should be no problem if I leave it with my cousin…Good bye formal shoes and into the my roller-bag! Now its settled! But it was kinda bulgy…zipped it up…reached the peak of bulge…force it through…ZIPPED. Phew! Ahh, my soapbox! Go into the side bag it goes. Now, the only bag left is my lappie bag, which I planned to pack right before I leave. My cousin smsed earlier and confirmed that he will be coming over at 3 and wait at guardhouse. Looks like almost settled. Lets go lunch!!! Went to Roti Bakar, ordered iced tea, rice with seafood soup-thing and thick roti bakar top with condensed milk. Grab PCgamer magazine from the rack and read the mag while eating. SATISFIED. Saw SanJing, HueyLan PeiYi etc passed through Roti Bakar. Ehe! Head straight back to room to continue online while waiting for the moment of going home to come…

Reached room and back to online. Ehh, there is a chat window popped up while I am gone. Its MingChee aka Gigi, my coursemate. So goes on chatting with her. I am SOOO jealous of the girls outing to the beach yesterday!! 行きたいな~~~ Suddenly received an SMS. AirAsia. UH OH. URGENT! AirAsia Flight AK5952 from Penang to Kuching on 27Apr08 is now RETIMED to 10:25pm (2225 hrs). For more information, please call 60387754000. WHAT!? From 5:40pm to 10:25pm, a 4 hour plus delay!? By the time I reach home it will be midnight already!!! SO PISSED. Almost immediately sms-ed SanJing about this. She received the message from AirAsia as well. Sms-ed my cousin to tell him the my flight had been delayed. Anyway, replied to SanJing and queried about the Angel Feather's DVD that she mentioned before and I wanna borrow it. Her reply: its still with PeiYi. Ok then, since there are on the same flight back with me as well so she can passed it to me at airport anyway. Another sms came in. Its my cousin's. He asked me to confirm the accurate departure time. Called the number given in the sms to query AirAsia...its an automated response from machine. (For English, press one. Untuk Bahasa Malaysia, tekan 2.) *SWT* Continued all the press number stuff to get to the one needed: schedule information. Need to press number (AGAIN...what a fuss!!!) for the date and flight number. Press one to confirm. *Press* Please wait for a moment while we retrieve the schedule/time. *Jingle* The departure time for your flight is 5:40 pm. Press one to return to the main menu, press two for... *brain shattered* What?! Why the time from telephone is different (as normal not delayed in phone) from the one in sms?! Repeat the whole process one more time. SAME. Immediate panic attack. Sms-ed back to cousin about this confusion. He reassured that usually the one in sms is correct. Still feeling a little skeptical. SanJing signed into MSN. Asked her immediately to call the number for it to check for herself. She just reassured me as well that the flight will be delayed. Still feeling a little skeptical. Went to AirAsia website to check their departure time. Its still the same normal time. OMFG. Refresh. No change. REFRESH. Same. REFRESH!!!!!!!!!! EPIC FAIL. And its still the same time. Gave up and decided that I will stick to the delayed time while cursing AirAsia (evil capitalist!!!!) for making this confusion and imagining myself suing AirAsia.

Feeling a little sleepy plus there is nothing to do now online. Decide that I should take a short nap. Peered over to the bed...aiks. The fact that the bed is *shared* is kinda scary...but my bedsheet is already packed into the roller bag already and its kinda hassle. For the sake of comfort, I will take the risk!! But my long pant is not exactly very comfortable to sleep in. Had to take my short pant out of my red bag again to wear just for my nap. Unzipped the bag and took it out. Its was kinda wet that I put it together with my towel. Not to mention stink as well. Wore it anyway. Lie down on the bed to catch a nap but only after I sms to my mom that my flight had been delayed and will only reach home around midnight. And off to nap, I go...

4:45 pm. Woke up by my handphone. Apparently someone called me. Its SanJing. ITS A DISTRESS CALL. She says that PeiYi didn't receive message from AirAsia about the delay and now she is as confused as me. And the website was not updated as well showing the normal time as well. By the time the whole commotion end, its already 5pm, 40 minutes before departure. (if we stick to normal time) In the end, we settled with 10:25pm. *FCK AirAsia* Anyway, invited her to have dinner around 6:30pm. Istimewa we go! Decided to offline and went to bathe and change back into my long pants and BUDAYA shirt. Finally can pack my red bag FOR REAL. And this time, I rolled my towel instead of folding it to reduce the volume and space that it can occupy in the bag. Zipped it up. Red Bag:done and its time to start packing my lappie bag. Firstly all the accessories (headphone, mouse, external HD and USB wireless adapter) as well as my handphone charger into their respective box. Laptop in first only then all the accessories in the other compartment. First try: TOO FULL! Then, realized that there is an inner pocket in that compartment. Shove my wireless adapter and external HD into the inner pocket and then all the other stuff. Barely SUCCEEDED. With a little extra pull, ZIPPED! My pencil case into the smaller compartment in front of the lappie bag. Kinda bulging but still manage to zipped it up. *phew* Only now I am ready for dinner. Went off to Istimewa slightly earlier...

Reached Istimewa a few minutes before 6:30pm. SanJing was no where in sight. Oh well. Sms-ed here that I reached there already and ordered my food: Nasi Goreng Cina and Teh-O-Ais-Limau. いただきます!And here comes SanJing. She confirmed that our flight is indeed delayed because her friend called the ticketing agents.*phew* Settled and ordered her food as well. She said that PeiYi will be joining us soon after she packed up her stuff and such. And she will bring along Angels Feather DVD to let me borrow it. *BL Fanboy squealed* Then we started chit-chatting, mostly about BL regarding the type and genre that seems to interests us. (I prefer reading 同人誌 on anime character that I know...for example: Bleach *All hail hot guys with sword FTW!!!! *perverted grin*) Most of her sources are from mainland China and most of the time, its faster than western sources. *tsk* The only thing that stops me from venturing into a mainland website is the extremely high load of traffic on their website as well as their website are seriously full of BUGS. But...mainland China subbed Junjou Romantica faster than Aarinfantasy!!! While Aarin only reached the 2nd eps, mainland subbed the 3rd. *sigh* While happily chit-chatting away on BL, HueyLan and friend came over, after they had eaten at Khaleel. Following behind is PeiYi (and the DVD!!!! she handed to me as she reached) and soon, all of them settled down here for a drink. SanJing had to leave earlier because she had not taken her bath yet. Since its not yet 7:30 pm, I decided to stay back to have a chat with her while the rest of the group went back as well. In the end, we are still discussing BL. *She said that reading 同人誌 and seeing your anime character going *AT IT* sounds kinda wrong...HEY!* As soon as she finished her dinner, we take our leave and I went back first because she wanna drop by to Majujaya to buy something as well...Bye! We will see each other again at the airport!!!

Reached my room around 7:35pm. 25 minutes before my cousin came over to pick me up. Felt like have enough time to carry all the stuff (yes including the GIANT box) down without troubling him to help me. But carrying the HUGE box all the way down from my hostel to the guard house MYSELF seems almost IMPOSSIBLE.... Estimated that everything must be carried down in 3 rounds only, BY HOOK OR BY CROOK. *Almost regretted* What's need to be done, must be done. Start off with the GIANT box. Lift it up and carried with hand. OMG EFFING HEAVY!!!! Rushed to lift while still my energy is ebbing away. Rest for a short moment while the lift went down. 1st floor. Continue carrying the stuff...until the porch. Rested for another moment. MOVE AGAIN!!! Walking the short downhill from the entrance to the junction, AGAIN RESTED. *MY HAND'S GONNA BREAK!!!!* Continue. Stopped halfway down hill and rested on the curbside. ITS. TOO. HEAVY. Collecting all the remaining shred of energy, continued to move and on and making a desperate dash for it. THE GUARD HOUSE IS GETTING CLOSER. CLOSER...REACHED THERE!!!! Immediately dropped the large box in front of the guardhouse. *phew* And took it a few well needed breather before continue with the second round...enough rest, lets go back to the room for next round.

Reached room around 7:45pm. Drank the last bit of water from my water bottle and then shove it into my roller-bag. This round will be carrying the box of books (and I put the book that I wanna read on plane on top of it) as well as study bag which contain 3 dictionaries. Slung my bag, lift up the box, lets moved. Luckily the worst is already over but since most of my energy is drained by now and I am drenched in sweat, this was not as easy as it should be and one rest stop at the porch before continuing going all the way down. Reached there safely and pile the stuff over there. And I personally think that those few people that were waiting over there looked puzzled about my endless journey of box carrying. Without wasting my time, I went back for one last round, this time for my lappie bag, red bag and roller bag. As I reached the porch, my cousin sms-ed me that he reached the guardhouse already and he went off to buy some icecream. I had to sms-ed him back that I am going for my one last round. Increased my pace of walking to end this round faster. Reached my room. Slung my lappie bag on my back, slung my red bag on my shoulder and buckle up the belt for my roller bag. Run through the room for one last time just in case I left anything. And I almost left my CD with Sensitive Pornograph over there OMGZ. Shove it into the side pocket of my red bag, carried everything out of my room and locked the door. Good bye, my room!!!! No time to lose, lets move quickly. *and thanks god for the roller bag*

Went down the hill and saw my cousin is already waiting over there. He look semi-stunned when I mentioned that all those pile of stuff are mine. Well, his car is a Kelisa and of course space for a small car is a valuable commodity. The two boxes and my study bag will be following him back while lappie bag and red bag will be coming home with me. With some rearrangement, squeezing and maneuvering done, everything barely fitted but we are ready to go!!! Looking at hostel, we zipped off quickly to the airport...While on our way, he expressed his surprise that AirAsia had delayed the flight so much later than usual as well as how he was deceived by promo picture of the hotdog bun-thing in the menu...lets just say that reality are always smaller than promo pic. Soon we reached Penang International Airport and we saw China Airlines Cargo B747 parked at the remote apron right beside the terminal beside Cathay Pacific B777. Hmm, wonder why over here instead of the cargo terminal. Anyway, he dropped my at the departure and we bid each other farewell. I am now one step closer to home!!!!

Went over to the check in area...and saw the AirAsia check in counter looking waaayyy behind from the usual spot. Looks like there were with their check in area extension!!! The new check in area looks very fresh and bright and more check in counter provided for the convenience of passengers. Walked towards the check in counter. Luckily the line over the Kuching counter was not long plus I am not gonna check in my luggage into the cargo anyway. Whipped out my IC, checked, and got my boarding pass. Hmm...where is SanJing, HueyLan and Peiyi anyway? Are they here yet? Only when I reached the luggage scan area I saw the familiar faces: its SanJing, HueyLan and another friend of them which I didn't remember her name scanning their luggage before they can check in their luggage. All of them were amused with the terminal extension as well. In the end, I accompanied them over to the check in counter so that we can walked together in a group later. After all of them checked in and got their boarding passes, we head straight to the immigration and departure hall. While we pass through the souvenir shop right beside the departure hall, I saw the TESOL Kuchingites, including PeiLing and Vicky. We said hi to each other before me and the rest moved on to the departure hall. One by one, all of us passed through the immigration officer outside before we slowed down for one more time, this time for X-ray scan of luggage. Need to bring out all my keys and stuff again from my pocket. *what a fuss* Nevertheless, I passed through the X-ray without being halted or anything except putting all the stuff and re-carried all those bag again is a hitch. Too bad for HueyLan and the other girl, their scissors had been confiscated by the immigration...

We proceed to our departure gate which is gate 9A when we saw a long line had formed in front of the gate. Apparently, this line is heading to JB which will depart very soon. This time, its my turn to reassure them that its not yet our flight (Haha!). Since this is not our flight, we find ourselves sitting place to settle down. As soon as we seated, SanJing and HueyLan were immediately attracted by my Haruhi Suzumiya Offical Fanbook. (ALL HAIL SOS団長!!!!) And so I spend my time spreading HARUHI-ISM to them...SanJing seems to be attracted to Koizumi, the esper. SanJing went to washroom for a while and she came back with a surprise: she bumped into another coursemate of us: NurMahfuzah. Tak tahu pun kamu orang Kuching!!!! And up until now, PeiYi is still no where in sight. SanJing called her(she just reached the airport) and soon she joined in to our places. We chatted, we shared cookies and chocolate and we had fun while waiting. As soon as the JB line gone aboard their flight, all of us made our move over to the gate standing in line just to ensure that we can board the plane earlier and get good seats. Everything seems good as we are quite in front. And while waiting we continued wiht our chat...and that's when I knew that SanJing's home is closer than I think: her house is near the 20sen and PizzaHut shoplot. (YAY!!!! We can hangout and eat kolo mee!!!!!) And all of us was amused by one of the passenger that brought back her CPU along lolx!

Suddenly, an announcement was made: The boarding gate for flight AK5952 to Kuching was changed from gate 9A to gate 11. We are sorry for the inconvenience. WTH!!!!!! Now everyone is making a dash to gate 11 on the other side of terminal. Soon, our front of line advantage is gone and now we are in the middle. During our short wait, SanJing did manage to ask about a few greeting in Spanish so that she can used it to play with her guildmate in RO, who happened to be Spanish. (I did brought with me my Spanish text book as my reading material on board) Ahha! Unfortunately, little did we know that the situation of the line will take a turn for the worse...when they decided that they will make the line start the other side, everyone make a rush for it and now we are quite behind of the line. OH GREAT. THANKS AIRASIA. WE HAD BEEN BAMBOOZLED. The plane that pulled in to fly for this leg: its the old B737-300 again. Its the CRAP-PLANE again. (But I had fun look at the girl's faces when I told them this plane is old and crappy) When will AirAsia's fleet transition to be completed?! I miss the wider A320!!!! As soon as the passenger from the previous flight had disembarked, its time for us to board the plane. IC and boarding pass, READY! Luckily the line moved reasonably fast and soon we are boarding the plane. (heh, maybe they do realized that further delay will end up in being screwed by 100+ plus disgruntled passengers) And oddly, they used aerobridge this time instead of their usual airstairs procedure.

Entered the plane. And most of the front seat is occupied already. And NurMahfuah was seated in front as well. Hey, the back of plane looks kinda empty. Lets move to the back! After all of us stuffed our luggage and stuff into the luggage compartment, we are all seated and buckled. Luckily the plane was not full at all and all of us had one extra seat to spare at their row. As for me, I HAD A WHOLE ROW TO MYSELF!!! For the first time in AirAsia and certainly had more space than any first class seat ever!!!! PeiYi (or izzit the friend that I can't seems to recall the name?) put her laptop over at my section since I have the most spaces around here. Everyone were indeed very excited to board the plane back to Kuching after one whole academic year at places other than home. SanJing, who suffered air sick before decided to follow PeiYi's tip to chew on chewing gum while in flight. Since I need something to keep my mouth moving, I asked a strip of chewing gum for her as well. While we were waiting the plane to be refueled, I was listening to the conversation of the passengers behind (which I think is uni student as well) who expressed her exasperation that West Malaysian are much more divided when compared to us Sarawakian who mingled with each other easily. Looks like I am not the only one that feel like that after all...and that's why I am proud to be a Sarawakian.

After a short wait, the plane was finally towed back from the apron and ready up for taxi-ing. Soon, the engine starts growling, and the plane started to move. We are now taxi-ing towards the runway fast while the flight attendant gave their routine safety procedure. Reached the end of the runway, the light in the cabin had been switched off for night time departure, the engine started powered up, the plane zoomed down the runway in such powerful speed that we are pressed onto our seat and soon the plane lifted off!!!! WE ARE NOW ON OUR WAY BACK HOME!!!! The plane quickly ascend to cruising altitude and as soon as the plane start to stabilized, I started reading my Haruhi Suzumiya Official Fanbook, reading every single line just to kill time. Suddenly, the plane started to shake and wobble a little and soon, the seatbelt sign is on again with announcement that we are flying in unfavorable weather. AND THIS IS EXACTLY MY FEAR. To make it worse, this is a night flight and everything outside the window is PITCH BLACK. We can't see the cloud that we ran into, we can't see the sky, we can't see the land. The feeling of flying in uncertainties is indeed very scary. To counter this, I turn my window screen down and ignoring anything that happen outside while indulging myself deeper into reading. Luckily the plane stabilied in the end, the seatbelt sign is off and we are back on smooth flight. *Relieved sigh* But as I read further, my eye started to tear up and feeling slight pain. Aiks, I forgot to switch on my light and I had been reading in badly luminated situation. Looks like I will kill my eyes if I keep on reading like this. Switch on my headlight and tried to adjust the light to a better position...to NO AVAIL: that thing stuck in its slightly off angle position. Tsk old plane.

Soon, as the plane slowed down and descending, we know that we will back to our beloved home sweet home soon. We were greeted with lights from the city albeit slightly muted due to the fact that its already midnight. Flap ready and making a really nice contrail, the plane is descending fast, making a couple of spectacular banking before heading towards the airport in landing procedure. 500m, 250m,100m and the airport is visible right now. With a thud and powerful thrust reverser applied, WE HAD FINALLY LANDED IN KUCHING INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. And of course it is very hard for us to conceal our happiness to come back here again, to our home sweet home. The plane finally come to a standstill and parked at the terminal at 12:25am , EXACTLY bang on time. Since we are sitting at behind, I thought that we might deplane from the back door as well. My hope when high when they did open the back door...then they flight attendant announced that we can only disembark from the front door. *tsk* Now we are among the last to disembark. As soon as the passengers in front disembarked, we grab our luggage from the luggage compartment and heading toward the front door. And they are using the aerobridge as well this time...hmm...what happen to the AirAsia policy anyway?

We walked along the wide but largely empty terminal, heading towards the immigration. Again, IC to be ready. Passed through the immigration without much problem and saw on the flight info that we are the last flight to fly into KIA and operation will resumed tomorrow morning, 7:35am flight to Sibu. THAT'S A FIRST FOR ME. Head down to luggage reclamation but since all of my luggage was handheld, I stood at the side while waiting for them to claim their luggage. My duty, to watch out their luggage trolley. LOL. One by one they claimed their luggage and we walked out of the arrival hall together. Right before we exited the arrival, I invited SanJing to have a kolo mee as breakfast some other day when we have time during the holiday. 約束だったよ!!!All of us went out of the arrival were greeted by our family members...I THOUGHT. My family is not insight anywhere around. HEY, I AM HOME AND YOU PEOPLE ARE NOT COMING TO WELCOME ME BACK DIRECTLY!? Dialled my cellphone to call my mom...Your Maxis service had been halted temporarily. Please reload to continue the service. BYE~~~ (Don't make me smack you, automated response machine!!!!)
My credit expired on the 27th and now since its already another day (28th), I can't make any phone calls!!!! Soon, most of the passenger had went home and the airport had become very desolated. To make it worse, they switch off the light. The yellowish light left creates the feel of eeriness...Am I gonna stuck in this airport if I did not call them to pick me up?! ONOZ!!!!

I was standing idly at the same place seriously looking around desperately for anyone or anything. When I turned back I saw a familiar faces. Its NurMahfuzah! Looks like she is stuck as well. I went over and borrow her handphone just to call home. Luckily my mom did pick up the phone (even though she sounds groggy there). Phew looks like I am going home after all...so while waiting, I struck up a small conversation with her. To my surprise, she IS a Kuchingite but her family now is over at Miri. According to her original plan, she planned to catch the last bus up to Miri today after reaching Kuching...but because our flight had been delayed, now she is stuck in the airport and need to stay over night!!! Dang, she is a worse situation than I do. Then when I mentioned that I will going back to USM earlier due to PPMS, I was surprised that she did not involved in PPMS considering that she had been very active in campus, involved in MPD FajarHarapan and such. She only says that it had been very busy and she wants a proper rest before we continue into our second year which is obviously tougher than first year. Then I was curious on why she booked this flight despite finished her exam earlier. She booked her tickets before the exam timetable is out. Oh well. Better luck next time.

For both of us, it is kinda scary to have a layover in an empty airport, at least not as creepy like this. To complicate this matter further, a bunch of hooligan high on booze gathered near the other end of the exit under the upper deck of road. I did invite her to sleep over at my house if she didn't mind but in the end she rejected my offer(as she did with another senior) citing that she will be find and remain vigilant. Soon the ever so familiar red Kenari (my dad's) is here, and I bid farewell to her, pushing my trolley over to the curbside. I hauled my luggage into the back seat of the car, and hopped into the front. As we moved out, suddenly someone tapped our car. Only the I realized that I LEFT MY HARUHI SUZUMIYA OFFICIAL FANBOOK AND SPANISH TEXTBOOK ON THE TROLLEY!!!! Luckily the attendant noticed this when he is collecting all the trolley. TERIMA KASIH YA, BANG!!! Pedal to the metal, and we are on our way home!!!! Chatted with dad about the usual stuff, whos coming back along on the same flight and when am I gonna go back to USM again etc etc.

Reached home and was greeted by my mom. Went into the living room and notice a few new addition: two small cube chair thing. I went off to bath immediately and put all the clothes that I need to wash in the washing machine while my mom is cooking up some fried noodle with soup for me as supper. Talked with my mom as well like why I did not loose weight etc etc. She went off to sleep soon while I am still having my supper. Now, I have the whole home to myself since everyone is asleep. After washing up my plate, immediately i grab my lappie bag and moved to my room, settle down some stuff and moved to the other room to meet with my black beauty aka PC. 久しぶりだな!!!Went online to check my blog and mail and such as well as finding and download the soundtrack of Kimi=Hana by Pigstar, Junjou Romantica's opening song. (YESS!!!!). After downloaded the song,its already 4am in the morning and its time to crash to my bed and slumber...I will blog about my day in the morning lah...

-Super long post...Fin!!! *my hands gonna fall off again*-

...This is ZheRong and his life stories, signing off. Good night everyone, have a pleasant dream...

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...