Saturday, 19 April 2008

Exam series the 3rd: *Not much so but still* Meh.

After one whole week of hiatus, its time to continue the next installment of Exam series. The day its Friday(yesterday) and the subject involved is SHE101: Hubungan Etnik/Ethnic Relation. But before we goes further into it, let us start from...the moment that I woke up!!! (as per every life reporting post of mine LOLX)

Since Friday is another exam day for me, I (following my exam-day habit) woke up earlier again in the morning just for the sake to start the day earlier. And following the habit of doing something more than usual for exam day, I shaved my stubble/facial hair. It grew until its very visible and it looks very ugly on me. (I wonder why it won't grow evenly like one side has more hair than the other. Does it attributed to the wrong shaving techniques? Hmm...) After freshen up myself a bit, yet another typical morning habit ensues (online yada yada). The connections failed me a few time making my Yaoi downloading session very miserable. *sigh* Realizing time is running out soon, I changed into my long trousers and t-shirt set, turn off my lappie, pack it into the handy-dandy lappie bag, (Friday is Bleach day and I wanna download it! Istimewa here I comes!!!!) it grab my SHE101 notes (Photostated the day before. Thanks ShinYen!) and head down to the cafe for my breakfast...(I run out of crackers again) As soon as I finished my breakfast(Mee Goreng from Intanaz Cafe), its time to head to the battlefield, Dewan Peperiksaan D at Dewan Utama Pelajar...

As I walk down the hill towards the pedestrian bridge connecting RST and Main Campus, I saw a familiar looking car (4th generation Toyota Corolla) slowly parking in along the curb beside the road. Another closer inspections as well as the driver reveal himself... it Ranveer! So we greeted each other as I walk along and he wished me good luck for the exam. My response: Today's SHE101. His response: OK *small laugh* (I know, i sounded like a total retard right on how I reply his good luck. Hiakz!) Later as I walked down, I turn my head back again and saw yet another familiar face again: Neoh aka lolicon otaku. (hehehe) So I waited him for a short moment to walk together to DUP. Nevertheless, I am still amused on the quirky slogan/tagline (Terrifying Entities Striking On Lecturers) that the TESOL-ians figured out for their course T-shirt. (Neoh wore it that day) Some how, I think that Neoh is very much involved in the production of the slogan. (which he replied: Saa...*small grin*).

As we walk along the pedestrian bridge, we chit-chatted a lil, ranging from SHE101 (of course lar duh! Thats today's main agenda), today being the last day of his exam (as well as majority of USM student...GRR!!!! Mine is until the last day, OK?) and of course, PCFair. (from Friday until Sunday...I WANNA GO BUT I GOT EXAM ON MONDAY!!!! I WANNA BUY A HEADPHONE!!!) Soon, we reached our intended destination, DP D. Then we went over the signboard to check our respective seating when suddenly PikHan greet me from behind. Then I started have a little chit-chat with PikHan, ranging from again SHE101 to my run-in a few days ago due to a certain *trilogy* that I wrote (She do read my blog, as many other people did). I told her its pretty much over (I think...) and she was a little interested when I told her that CMM211 might be replaced. As we talk and talk and talk, more and more and more people started to flock into the exam hall and soon a crowd is formed. I found out that all the four halls are occupied with SHE101 students and my course is sharing with Communication (Vance that wish me good luck as well), TESOL (Other than Neoh, I saw Jess and PeiYue) and of cos Lydia and HuiPing of ELLS. Of course, most of my coursemate are there as well and SanJing suddenly asked me about our SHE101 courseworks mark. Aiks. We haven't approach our SHE101 advisot yet. UH OH. Then me, SanJing and TzeSieng also chatted about PCFair and looks like all of us wanna go as well...but we can't came up with a definite time to go cos TzeSieng will definitely goes on Sunday, which is the last day while me and SanJing are quite reluctant to do so cos Monday is our core paper.

Soon, the exam hall is opened and all of us proceed to our respective seats. As I sat down, I saw Fiza/Pija is sitting beside me and this prompting Azira and Niswatun (coursemate as well as friens of Fiza/Pija) to come over to joke around my making a fortress using my pencil case lolx. Then as I look over in front, I saw Lydia and HuiPing sitting in front of me in another row. Then I saw the the towering tall of man in the form of Avinesh, sitting behind HuiPing. lol It also means that Avinesh, despite looking like a master student (LOL) is in fact younger than Lydia and HuiPing. Haha! All of us settled down as soon as the examiner starts briefing about the exam. And ohh, they give each of us a pink notice about the E-daftar next semester. As soon as its over: the exam commence!! Here comes analysis!!!

SHE101: Hubungan Etnik/Ethnic Relation consists of 40 objective/multiple choice questions which need to be done within one hour. AND THAT'S ALL.
Analysis: I have to admit that it is HARDER than I initially thought. Immediately from the start, I was trumped by 3 questions, which related to our constitution regarding Islam as our official religion (which chapter of constitution again) and obtaining Malaysian citizenship. What is Lex sanguinis and Jus Sanguinis anyway? (The question is: Individual can obtained citizenship by _______, which by one of his parent is the citizen of Malaysia in 1957.) There are a couple of easy questions along the way while most of the questions are moderate. But one thing that I wanna highlight in this paper is that how Malaysia never cease to amuse and bemuse me. One series of questions are involved with East Malaysia and one of the question ask is "Why East Malaysia still lag behind the overall national development). My answer for that(it IS one of the choice.): The Federal Government didn't give us enough allocation/budget. LOL. Another choice for the answer: "East Malaysian refused to be involved in national development"?! My foot! Then as I reach the later part of the question paper, I am trumped again, this time ethnic relation in global scale. How ethnic conflict can be internationalized and what ideology can induce the ethnic conflict in global scale. DESPITE the fact that I went for this lecture, the very last lecture of SHE101 but I still can't figured out the questions?! This is NOT EXACTLY GOOD.

By around 25 minutes into exam, some people ALREADY FINISHED AND LEAVING THE EXAM HALL!! (and Vance is one of them) Usually there are only two reason they finishes this early: 1. The questions was a piece of cake for them or 2. They don't care about SHE101 anyway. I think I will second the second one! LOL. As time approaches the last 15 minutes stretch of exam, more and more and people leave the exam hall. In the last 15 minutes when we are prohibited to exit the exam hall, almost all in my row is empty, leaving Benjamin far in front, me in the middle and Sahida and a few ELLS people at the end of my row. Hmph. So me being a careful again, checked through all the answers again until the end. Soon, the time is up and the examiners starts to collect our exam paper. As they count to tally up the number of answer sheets, the hall was getting more and more restless especially when we hear the noises outside the hall which I think from the student of the opposite hall. Soon I chatted with HueyLan when the examiner announced: "Please check around your seats. There are one answer sheet LESS." Immediate the hall erupted in groan. Then the tallying process goes on for another 10 plus minutes before they let us out. What a relieved as I was seriously tapping my feat in impatience already!

As I walked out from the exam hall, I saw XiangYi, SzeSze, XinMi and YenPheng is waiting outside for us to finished our exam. XiangYi was waiting for Pavithira while SzeSze, XinMi and YenPheng was waiting for ShuLi. And before I knew it, I end up following them again LOLX. And since XinMi brought her car over again, they wanna go for brunch so I stick along with them. Food always beats me!!! As soon as she drove off the Padang Kawad to go out from USM, immediately she show her prowess in DRIVING. (in which she cited her friends comment of her: Alonso's younger sister, AlonMi! ROFLMAO) And me being slightly coward-ish and seating in front, buckled up while XinMi didn't even bother to buckle up! Depends on situation, she says. AlonMi~~~) Soon, we reach a small neighbourhood kopitiam (which she recommended) at dunno where to have our brunch. XinMi, SzeSze and YenPheng ordered some char kueh teow (very unique, they deliberately lumped all noodle on one side) and fried noodle while me and ShuLi ordered Hokkien Prawn Noodle. I think this is my first for having Hokkien Prawn Noodle. Soon, we started to converse with each other in what I know, the greatest range of topic that I never seen, starting from plan for sight seeing in Kuching in the future, (Them: Kuchingites also dunno about Kuching!! Me: I lived there since the day I born...its not even special already!), each others families (especially regarding brothers...and the fact that all my sibling are male still amazes them), drama (HK, Taiwan, Japanese and Korean..and how idol drama these days sucks big time), celebrities getting cosmetics surgery (Jolin's alleged boob job), even more which I can't recall (and XinMi order another drink just to quench the thirst). Halfway through our chit-chatting, it rained very heavily but luckily it subsided by 1pm. (wow we sat there from 11am until now?) XinMi, decided that she will make a dash to her car and drive over in front of the shop to pick us up. As soon as she reached in front of premise, we hop into her car and zoomed away~~~ Back to USM we go!!!! Since I haven't execute my plan to download the latest bleach episodes, I do tell them my intention to go online later. Then ShuLi says that she have the plan as well, to go online at MYTX mangastore. Hmm... so I said I will join her there as well...but after bath, rest and such.

Soon, all of us reached back to our beloved RST and XinMi drop me by junction to Tekun's male hostel before I bid all of them farewell. I quickly run back to my hostel, took my well needed shower and changed into a more relaxing clothes, in T-shirts and shorts. Before I make my move to MYTX, I received a rather unexpected SMS from Ced. He says that he will be coming over to Penang for Judo competition from the 24th to 30th of April. Looking forward to see ya, Ced!!! As soon I replied Ced's message, I made my move to MYTX, looking forward for another episodes of Bleach!!!

As I was reaching MYTX, I saw one very familiar figure, a long haired girl carrying a bag and an umbrella way in front of me. Yes, its ShuLi. LOL when I reached MYTX, she said that I was late. (OSOI!) We occupied the same table and she brought her *bigger and better* extension plug as well for us to plug in. As both of us settled down setting up our laptop and such, she asked about how long am I plan to stay here. I said that until my Bleach finish downloading...and I am throughly amazed that she plan to stay until 10pm plus and she cited that she did that a couple of times already. Hmm...soon I go to Dattebayo to download the torrent for my Bleach episodes and I turn my Bitcomet on...But soon I realised something weird: the download speed will never goes higher than 25kb/s and once in a while the connection come to a total standstill. When the shop owner comes over to ask anyone is downloading stuff and such, I silenced pretty much while turning off my Bitcomet. LOL that's close. I deduced that MYTX connections have pretty limited bandwidth as well as unstable, so even the corner over there is very comfortable and such, its not good for my download. So, after a couple of hours, I decided that this is not a good place to download and I make my move to Istimewa, my usual place...after I bid farewell and made "I'll be back" ala Terminator.

Soon, I reach Istimewa and almost in dismay when my usual seat is occupied. Luckily the one beside my usual place is unoccupied but it is behind the huge concrete pole thing. Luckily my external wireless adapter have its own extension and soon I was connected with very decent speed. In fact when I switched on my Bitcomet to continue, the speed immediately picked up until 50+kb/s and later peaked at around 100kb/s. *Happy dance* Besides than downloading Bleach of course, I downloaded more Yaoi (Bleach Yaoi rejoice!!!!!) especially the one that I failed to download in the morning. I also drop by at Youtube as well, trying to mind more video for my own personal pleasure. But soon I receive a message from KaiShieng asking where am I now cos he wanna come over to meet me. I told him I was at Istimewa and soon he came over to meet me. He asked me about THE RUN-IN and he is very concerned as well since *he is one of the main character in my Trilogy, other than me*. I told him about the whole process and such beside letting him read my half-reflection, half-response blogpost of it. After reassuring each other that we will be fine the coming monday, he bid me farewell cos he wanna go to library to read newspaper. I myself head back as well since I haven't had my dinner yet as well.

As I reached Tekun cafe, Hooi Cafe have little choice of dishes already so I went over to another option, De-cafe-ria for Nasi Goreng Paprik. Soon, my food are ready and I need to settle down for lunch. Then I saw my former roommate back in CG, BoonSheng is having his dinner as well over the other side and so I moved over to his table to join in for dinner. This turned out to be rather long and pleasant conversation, talking about exam(he is done with exam already. Grr!!!), our Japanese (except mine is minor while his is options), stuff to do during the holiday (he is heading over to CEMAC at Muka Head, Penang National Park for research paper, a compulsory for Bio student, while me, PPMS) and for a while his senior joined in as well talking about Jellyfish at Muka Head. lol But one key topic that we will always touch: PCFair!!! He wanna go to PCFair as well but he wanna go with friends while me having problem to go due to the fact that next monday is the core HBT105 and (later) I realized that I have a PPIK meet around 2pm today(Saturday). What a bummer! We talked until 11:30pm (both of us are amazed by it) and soon we head back to our room to catch a well needed rest.

As I reached back to my room, I set up my lappie to watch my Bleach as well as to go online...but the sucky connection fails me. To make it worse, Firefox decided to act weird on me my loading only half a page of Hidden Closet and no sidebar!!! Sometimes I just don't understand why Firefox is that quirky and now IE surprises me again my acting normal as usual...Get well, Firefox!!!!

-fin *phew thats long*-

ps:Exam timetable reminder
HBT105: Kaedah Penterjemahan
9:00am at Dewan Utama Desasiswa RST
Duration: 2 hours.
Analysis: Dunno what should I study anymore cos most of the thing involved in the whole sem is application of techniques and such...Fingers crossed people, the climax is AHEAD!!!!!

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...