Este Sabados (this Saturday) is my last full day in USM, Penang before I finally head back to my home sweet home tomorrow for my inter-academic year holidays and finally concluding one full chapter of my life in university...So how do I spend my last day in Penang? Lets just say I did something incredible which even I was proud of...without further a due, lets starts yet another page in the life of MOI!! (LOL I am so DRAMA...but all uni life are like this anyway!)
The day starts of a little atypical than usual days (well I still starts my day with onlining) with additional bits added in (well the room is already atypical on its own due to absence of my roommate as well as all my books and stuff on my shelf and table...luckily I did partial cleanup yesterday)...I collected all the clothes as well as my bedsheet, pillow cover, blanket and my bath towel to laundry specifically for today and I had collected 2 bucks worth of coin (50 cents and 20 cents) just for it halfway through my exam. When I removed my bedsheets from bed, I saw some reddish moving spot on the surface of the bed...closer inspections however, HORRIFIED me: ITS BEDBUGS/LICES/FLEAS!!!! I had been sharing my bed with these creepy NON-ORGANISM LOWLIFE FOR ONE WHOLE SEM?! OMFG. When I peered over on my bedsheet, a few of the crawling on the flipside of it as well as the seams at the corner. Immediately disgusted, I KILLED ANYONE OF IT WHICH I SAW. Now this explains the prolonged itch that I have even after I washed my bedsheet once before. THE MATTRESS ITSELF IS HARBORING THIS LOWLIFE NON-ORGANISM!!!! I can't exactly imagine how did it found itself a colony in my room. Straight after that, I filled up the tenant form that I need to return together with my room key to the hostel management, with the remark on the the bed part of the checklist about the existence of bedbug and asked them to change the mattress. (Ada pepijat. Sila tukar.)
With form and keys on one side and a pail overflowing with laundries as well as the box of washing powder held at my armpit, I went down to the washing room at the basement to settle my laundry before move on to Tekun's office to return the form and my room key. (hopefully next sem can get the same room...but with a new bed of course!) I heard from Rubi and the new EB plan to having their meeting at Tekun upstairs as a continuation of their planning meet(refer previous post for detail) so I peered over to the other side of Tekun as I walked up the stairs...and saw all of them as well as with the addition of Melissa and ZhongJie. (ZJ: HEY STEFAN! (outgoing LCP) YOU ARE STILL ALIVE? Me: I am DEAD. Apparently he saw parallelity between me and Stefan through our *PROMINENTLY FEATURED* tummy...) But since they are having official stuff and such, it is much better for me to not disturbing them and thus I left the place straight after greeting them...dropped the form my key into the boxes provided and moved on...
As I walked down the stairs, I immediately sensed the desolateness of Tekun had increased even more...all food stalls were closed, no one is around onlining and frolicking and chit-chat...even the convenient store was closed for today! This lingering silents not only made me feel lonely, it made me feel HUNGRY. (I think this one is the main one this time.) Despair, I was walking around the cafe aimlessly trying to collect my scattered mind on what should I do and such...In the end, I had to settled that I am not gonna have breakfast...so back to my room straight to continue onlining...
As soon I am online though, I received a surprising message from Ced(who happens to be in Penang for National Judo Competition) about the exact venue for the event: Kompleks Masyarakat Penyayang Pulau Pinang. My ecstaticness was soon evolved into slight worries because I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IS IT. Luckily the ever trusty INTARWEB (Lolcats for internet) and Wikimapia is available to assist me in the search. Soon, the true location was confirmed and I identified all the landmarks surrounding the target (starting from Penang Free School, Penang Turf Club, Union Highschool, Georgetown City Library, and to polo field, General Hospital and Sri Mutiara, the governor's residence.) that need to pay attention of. Besides that, I referred my RapidPenang busline guidebook to identify which bus passes through that area and discovered that only one bus passes through that area: T304, frequency: 40 minutes per bus. (OUCH.) After jotting down all of it, I realized that my laundry should be ready by now and I head down to pick the laundry up. Hauling the wet laundry especially with the addition of blanket and bedsheet was no easy task though but soon, I am back to the ninth floor and ready to dry the laundry along the clothes line. Had to get myself extra clipper for my bedsheet and blanket while carefully hanging all the clothes with the fear of my laundry falls off from ninth floor... Done, back to my room, bathe, changed and ready to take the challenge of venturing to the unknown area using BUS. But before that, half-decided to have my brunch at KFC.
11 something am. Decided to drop by again at Tekun cafe upstairs to check on the EB's progress. Its the former OGX-ian, Andrew's turn in the meeting. This time, I went over to chit-chat with them (with me proclaiming that I had grown more matured and hence sexy due to my more MANLIER voice...which is due to excessive refilling of coke at McD yesterday...) and luckily they were almost down and ready to took the lunch break before continuing the work in the evening. In the end, I swayed from my original position and decided to join them for lunch at Roti Bakar. Cleaned up, hop on to Ching's car, went out of RST to Ivory Plaza...only to discover that Roti Bakar just started to set up their shop for another business day. Went over to Khaleel instead. Ordered Teh-o-ais limau (Its almost my default mamak drink!) and mamak fried rice (but they called it nasi goreng biasa). The speculation that Khaleel finally followed suit in setting up wireless connection to compete with Istimewa is proven to be TRUE and Ching, Rubi and Serena immediately set up their laptop and go online at Khaleel. (too bad I won't choose Khaleel as my online spot though cos I need socket for electric supply for my lappie and it seems that I didn't manage to find one over there...so Istimewa it is!) More chit chatting occur (Rubi says that me doing the stuff that I really wanna do is a good plan for holiday...HMM...but I do mentioned that I wanna try BigApple Donut!!! Donut-licious!) and Pandi-Ching eating one spoon of my fried rice after she is done with her maggi goreng. Ish ish ish. Soon Rubi says that they need to venture into campus to take money from ATM (I sense...free ride!) and so we paid and move over to our car. Suddenly I felt the urge to read newspaper and went over to Majujaya for The Star. Settled in the car, turn on the key, engine started...DEAD. Tried again. DEAD. WE ARE OUT OF PETROL. (OH GREAT. THATS ONE HECK OF A LUCK THERE.) In the end, they called a few people for help while making a quick decision to have their meeting over at Roti Bakar instead. Free ride scrapped and had to go back to the original plan to walking over to Sg. 2 busstop. *sigh*
As I walk along the road in campus on the way to Sg. 2 gate, the usually busy campus was clearly empty by this moment. The minimal presence of human in this campus was one way or the other peaceful, aided by light breezes blowing so the walk its not exactly very tiring as I thought it will. Passed through Tasik Cahaya and Harapan (the biawak was hiding), went out of the Sg. 2 gate and reach Sg.2 busstop without no mishaps. As soon as I settled down, I quickly run through my plan to catch the correct bus (T304), getting my ever ready RapidPenang Guidebook in my hand to check all the bus that passed through here. Waited, waited. Seeing people coming here and going away in bus...but where the hell is T304?! And I need to resist the took of the ever dreadful and creaky MILAN bus as well. Luckily the wait was not exactly dead boring, with an Indonesian student (Hardi is his name) asked about which bus goes to Komtar (fact: almost all the bus that passed through Sg2 will pass through Komtar and too bad there not much mingling with him since a bus came before we talked further...but he did ask where can we get a RapidPenang guidebook. Answer: Weld Quay bus terminal have it.) and an unexpected greet from my elder brother's classmate. (and she left as soon as there is a bus as well...but she did ask about how's my elder bro doin. Answer: He is now working at KL, with a Online Game Developer Company) Waited for another moment while reading my newspaper as well as musing over the palm tree that outgrowth the fence and now the fence is embedded inside...and here it is: T304! Went aboard and asked whether they passed through hospital which is the largest prominent landmark for me. Yes and here goes RM1.50. And we are on our way~~~one step closer of seeing Ced in action!
On the bus. Remain vigilant and aware with the important landmark to should be paid attention of with the trusty guidebook in hand. State Mosque. Penang Free School. Penang turf club. Union Highschool. Now we are closer and closer to the intended destination. OH Georgetown City Library! Looks like its time to drop off. Trying to locate the next coming busstop (AHHA!), pushed the bell and off I go right in front of Sekolah Sri Pinang. EHH? Where exactly am I? This was not mentioned in my landmark! Tried to regain my own coordinate and think the field in front of me is Polo field, one of the landmark identified. Walk along the fence lining the field. And discovered that it was belonged to Penang Sports Club, a name vaguely registered when looking through the map. Feels like its pretty close. Continued walking and pass through a few school, one of them which is SMK Padang Polo. We are now even closer!!! Look over the left side across the road, THAT'S KOMPLEKS MASYARAKAT PENYAYANG PULAU PINANG!!! やった、やった!!!!
Crossed over the road to the my intended destination. And now I see where exactly is the Polo Field. Besides that, Kompleks Masyarakat Penyayang PP is actually situated right beside Sri Mutiara, the governor's residence ground! Anyway proceed and entered the parking area. A little worried that this is not the place due to lack of car and/or people around *despite the fact that there is a banner outside there about this event.* Entered the building and checked at the event board thingy. Confirmed. It is going on at 2nd floor at the Bosch Hall. Walking up the grandstairs and saw a few judoka is flexing outside the hall for preparation. And there is one match going on though when I peered into the event ground from the door...and one of the competing judoka looks vaguely like Ced. (oh my eye that had to see laptop every morning) Only after the announcer announced the name of the winner of the event (Announcer: The winner is Cedric Chin from Sarawak.) OHH I SEE. I immediately went outside when Ced exited the event ground and soon he was doing flexing and stretching IN FULL CONCENTRATION for the coming round. "Hi Ced" and only the he noticed me. Haha!
After a short talk outside, he immediately invited me (or more like, dragging me) to sit together with the Sarawak team. He introduced me to his 先輩 in 柔道, Gary which is one HUNK of a guy, the type guy that oozes EXCESSIVE MASCULINENESS. *yum* After running through a quick introduction of his teammate as well, our attention quickly moved over the event over the mat with occasional chat slipped between interval. Unfortunately for me though, despite how concentrate I was to understand the sport of 柔道, as time passed with one matched over the other, I still pretty much out of synch with the flow and emotion within the arena. *Sorry Ced* You tried hard explaining all the technical terms involved with 柔道 (たとえば, how to count the marks and the type of throw and techniques) and giving a live coverage on whats happening over the mat, でも僕は柔道に興味がなかったから、あまりわかっていませんでした。本当にごめんね! Seeing you having discussion with your teammate on whats happening over the mat as well as looking at your exasperation after you lose in the prelim, I have to remain minimal and silent because I have NO IDEA what to say. I mean, the VERY LAST THING that I wanna do in my current life right now is involved in competing sports/martial art. I felt that I am the only one in the group (or worse, THE HALL) that have zilch knowledge about 柔道 and little attention on the event...in the end...僕はもう一人だった、ちょっとさびしかった。And the fact that the whole hall was reeking in sweat odour doesn't help me in thinking straight anyway...I had to go out to take a breather at one point and in the end I end up inside again...(Somehow with this attitude of mine, I might just fail being a sports translator/journalist if I EVER venture into these field.)
Though このエベントはちょっとつまらなかったでしたが、面白くて、楽しいこともありましたよ!Like the tiny midget from Penang team (YenYing, right?) who proves herself to be much more resilient than she looked even with injured feet and having a hardtime to even stand up with being wobbly for a sec. She survived all the way until semi final, earning everyone's attention and support and I believe all of us were feeling a little sorry that her journey was over. Besides that, our very own topguns namely Gary and James put up on heck of a fight in the final. But 残念だった、both of them finally lost and had to settle with 2nd within their category. And I can see the whole team (and of course you, Ced) were clearly disappointed with the outcome of the event. 来年がんばってね、みんな!絶対勝つ!As all of them starts packing up and went back to their hotel, I bid farewell to Ced and embark on another journey: going back to USM!!!! ps to Ced: Do eat properly now, since the event is over. And to tell you the truth, peering over your chest and your shoulder plate area...you are quite well built indeed. 僕はちょっとドキドキでしたわ!Tee hee!
Exited the venue. Walked along Sri Mutiara while failing to get a glimpse on whats inside the compound due to highly decorated fence. Walking towards hospital hoping that there is a bus stop over there. There is a bus stop there. Settle down and look for my trusty guidebook again. Aiks. ITS GONE. WHERE THE HELL IT GONE TO? WHERE DID I DROPPED IT!!! Without the guide, I clueless while guessing the bus that will pass through here will be more likely heading towards Weld Quay Bus Terminal instead of the other end of their destination. One way or the other, changing bus to go back is indeed a waste of time. Waited for a while for any bus to show up while the sky is getting darker and darker...NOT GOOD. As I waited, a couple of taxi that passed through signaled me and in the end, I finally flag down a taxi who signaled me and head back to USM straight. At first I was thinking of going Sg.2 to have dinner then only that go back but since I was kinda tired in the end, I changed my destination on my way to head straight to my hostel complex at Bukit Gambir, at the other end of USM. Smooth drive over the hill and I am back to RST. Paid RM18 for this trip and he is almost out of change while finding the change for RM 50.
Went over to Roti Bakar to had my dinner. Ordered Ice cocoa and curry wantan mee. (and in the end, I still don't like spicy stuff...well it was a try anyway). Price tag: Rm10.30 and hence got rid of my coins available. Dragging myself back to my hostel when I suddenly wondered whether the EB finished their meeting already. Made a detour to Tekun cafe first (now the whole cafe was dark) and went upstairs only to see Vance and his friends. Says hi to them before went back to my room...
Reached my room. Bathe and changed. And online. After signed in to MSN, a chat window from SanJing popped up. Ahh, its about our conversation from the noon. And she ask whether I wanna have Junjyou Romantica *the animated series*. I WAN!!!! *fanboy squeal* Agreed to meet up with her at Saujana Cafe with me bringing my external harddisk over to put all the stuff. Plus she is gonna give me some of her BL manga collection as well. THANKS THANKS!!!!! 9:00 pm. Went over to Saujana cafe. Miscalled her. Reached and surprised that there are people around here. While waiting for her to come down, went over the ATM machine to take money. *surprised that there is addition of money...hmm?* She came down, took my harddisk went back to her room again. Watched Majalah 3 on TV while waiting for her. Finally, she came down with my harddisk, now loaded with more BL!!!! And she says she will borrow her DVD as well when we meet up at airport tomorrow. Went back straight to room immediately and watch both of the Junjyou Romantica's episode. SQUEALED. Check through the manga she gave. MORE SQUEAL. Finally...blogging...UNTIL NOW 3AM ALREADY!!!!. And I haven't finish up my packing!!! What will happen tomorrow then? Will I reached home safely? Stay tuned for more action of MOI!!!
-fin *yet another BLOODY long post*-
ps: I am sooo looking forward to go home...
No comments:
Post a Comment