Wednesday, 16 April 2008

...Or so it seems.

Just now, one of the most unbelievable thing happened to me... Earlier this evening, an unknown number appeared on my cellphone. I picked up the phone while wondering who is this person that called me. So apparently, this person was asking whether I have exam for today (Nope.) and whether I am free to see her or not in the evening. (Yes, I am pretty free) Then I ask her when I can meet with her, she mentioned her office number (C11-107...hey seven-eleven! It rhymes! lolx). Only then I realized a couple of things: 1st, C11 is humanities lecturer's office building and 2nd: The person over my phone is actually a lecturer from Humanities school. Hmm...why the particular lecturer which I never personally interacted with wanna see me anyway? And so after my 45 minutes nap, I change my clothes and head over to C11 with certain amount of uncertainties...

Took the bus and reached the SK bus stop and headed straight to her office. To tell the truth, it was the first time I step into C11 because up until now, none of the lecturer that taught me have office over there so obviously I have no business to do around there right? As I move along the row of offices checking the room number one by one, finally I reached my destination: C11-107. Then I look up on the nameplate on top of the door...

Penyelaras Program BM dan BATI
Dr. Hasuria Che Omar

OHH. My course coordinator, Dr. Hasuria wanted to see me. So the person that called me on my cellphone is actually Dr. Hasuria!! Obviously I was kinda surprise and nervous and my mind started to go haywire, trying to figure out why she wanna see me out of no where. Recovered from the initial shock, I waited outside her room for about 10+ minutes because apparently she was occupied with someone inside her room. As soon as her door open, it was MengChoo, the 2nd her who got Dean's List last semester as well. And the guy outside her room is her boyfriend, I think. After she went out of the room, I greet her and she invited me to have a seat. As I sat down, I queried on why she wanted to see me. Then she says: (my memories aint good so hopefully I can get it right.)

"Its about a few post in your blog."

First thing that run through my mind:

"I AM SO EXPOSED"

*GASP*

For anyone who had been followed my blog closely (lol As if I have fanbase now), back in March, I posted and ranted regarding unfortunate run in with certain lecturer of mine which spawned into a full fledge trilogy. Let just say, the content featured in the trilogy was full of drama (oh the drama, the tragedy~~~*drama-ing in full mode*) and a REALLY "creative" usage of "colorful" wordings was applied in the process of producing this piece of trilogy. (And ohh, don't bother to navigate my sidebar now and checking on my archived post. I TOOK IT OFF ALREADY.)

Apparently, the characters involved in the trilogy was not pleased of my *not exactly proper* portrayal in the trilogy hence a complain was lodged by the involved characters. To make this matter even worse, the news had reached the ear of Deputy Dean and Dean of my school, Dr. Hajar and Dr. Abu Talib. OH DEAR.

And apparently, the lecturers and subsequently the authority were not detached from the world of internet as well as student's life online or offline after all. In fact, now I think most of them are pretty up to date regarding us!

Anyway, I was in utter shock when she mentioned about the posting in my blog. In fact, she had one stack of paper, the printed webpage of my whole blog including individual posting. Dr. Hasuria, being nice BUT firm, adviced me to take off the questioned posting or at least make it private and invisible to other people other than myself because it involved the reputation of her colleague and she HAD to take action about it. She did mentioned that she did not want to make a big hoo-hah out of this by taking disciplinary action against me because it's not a major issue. (I DON'T WANT EITHER.) So what happened in the end? I apologized to her for all the hassle that happened if there were, and promised to take the posts in question offline. (which I did, just now before I write this blogpost) After leaving a note and signature regarding my promise to take the particular action, I give my bow, apologize to her and left her room, pretty much bemused about the whole advent of this event. As sidenote (Its NOT all BAD OK? in fact, the whole meet was conducted in a pleasant and friendly manner. Only the issue involved was bad.) though, she did read about how much I despised CMM111 (I think most of us do) and asked me about my opinion about the course. And of course I replied her honestly, citing the non-relevance of this subject in the course. Then she explained that because one part of our course is about machine translation and it is better for us to have exposure with knowledge about IT and such. When I was going to mention about CMM211 that we have to take next semester, she said that it will be replaced another subject which still related to computer. *dang* Hmm, this is an interesting development. Will our plight since the seniors time finally be answered? And she did compliment that my writing is quite well. (lol syok-sendiriness even though I think she was only trying to humor me. Oh well.)

-First part: fin-

Remember kids: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU. His omnipotent existence must be revered in utmost, undivided loyalty. *So now, who or what is the BIG BROTHER?*

Now, after reporting the whole event in full details, now its time for me to put in my piece of my mind to make this post more wholesome and balanced... (Mmm wholesome goodness!)

The main motivation that I started this blog is because I wanna keep all my friends and families updated about my whereabout, my life, my experience and my feeling that happened around my university life. It functions as an window into my life for other people and giving them a chance to look at the world from my own perspective, even for a little. Besides, it functions REALLY well as my diary and sort, recording down significant event as well as non-significant things about myself and my life. Well, except it is a virtual diary that exist online and being online means almost EVERYONE can have access to it other than me.

Now, for those people out there who understands a few things and sort about blogging, you might ask why you didn't make it private or at least limiting the access of my blog. Obviously I can make this bloggie of mine my own personal diary which only myself can view for my own pleasure but isn't this action beats the purpose of having a blog at all? One of the best thing of having a blog is having someone, whether the person knows you or simply a passerby reading it and feeling that they have some sort of connection to you. And who knows that passerby might be a long lost acquaintance back then? To tell you the truth, my memories about my life back in school is blurring up slowly as time past simply because I never use any medium (online or offline) to keep track about it. For your information, my current email address and msn (lizardboi_88@hotmail.com... and obviously I am still using it) is my very first of email add which I got it in form 4. And significant addition of address for MSN only happened in Form 5, before all of us graduate. More add happened in form six and I only decided to join Friendster well after I am in uni the previous semester. This blog itself was borne right before I enter university when most of my other friend are doing the same thing as well. The point is, I never realized how important of keeping all the memories alive or the method to keep it because I was not exposed back then. But now, with access to the online world, I saw the potential and flexibility of it. And indeed, my blog serves me well as a reliable medium. Blog is indeed a wonderful thing.

Of course, I do acknowledges the fact that there are REAL PEOPLE reading my blog post and of course all of them entitled to their own opinions and criticism and obviously I have little right in questioning other people's liberty in opinion. But to tell you the truth, I never expected this whole thing might roll big like a snowball and causing discomfort towards other. It is never my intention to harm anyone because this is not my purpose of blogging. But please do bear in mind that I TOO entitled to my own liberty of opinion and since this bloggie of mine is my personal space reserved exclusively for me with me being having the power to actually write something and express everything without holding back, I deserve the simple respect and privacy that I should have as an individual. Yes, maybe I should practice certainly level of decency in language as well respect for privacy of others but THAT'S ALL. I reserve my freedom within this blog and I am more than willing to exercise it like how I wanted my blog to be. For anyone who actually feel offended by this, there are two options which I can tolerate: discuss with me IN A CIVILIZED MANNER (FLAME ME and I will exercise all of my freedom.) about this issue and I will give my thought into it and take a proper action about it (which happened earlier in the evening) OR; do you see the red square with an X at the top right corner of your browser? You saw it right? JUST CLICK ON IT AND LEAVE MY BLOG ALONE. I personally understand the VOYEURISTIC nature (WOW I USED BOMBASTIC WORDS!!!) of my blog but THIS IS HOW I WANT IT TO BE. Either you TAKE IT or LEAVE IT. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

Now, since my post is actually became an issue which my compromises my future in academics, I offered myself and analysed a few options that I can choose for my future posting especially private and sensitive post that involved people:

1. Having a second, private and personal access blog for rants and all things private.
Analysis
: I don't think I have enough will and motivation (in other words, lazy) to keep two blogs running and I really don't want to see any one of it being neglected due to lack of content and material to write about. I am quite handful just by having this blog alone and since this working for me, why more empty blog? Plus I do mentioned about how I want my blog to be a few paragraph above.

2. Practice self-censorship, stop ranting and never mentions any individual in blog.
Analysis: I know this one is the most viable solution for all predicament that might occur in future but the act of self limiting is killing creativity and space of flexibility in writing. And to see myself acting like someone that I don't and being fake while the fact that I have my own identity is simply out of question. AT LEAST I AM BEING HONEST SO DO APPRECIATE MY HONESTY WHILE ITS STILL VISIBLE.

3. Un-Google myself from search engine. (like what Ced did before)
Analysis: Hmm, that's one possible way as well, hiding the existence of my blog from the search engine while maintaining the accessibility of the blog for others that actually found it. This is one way that I should consider very much... Ced or anyone, can teach me how to un-Google myself?

4. Quit blogging all together.
Analysis: UNLESS THE SKY FALLS. I have absolutely no intention what so ever in stopping blogging right now and let me tell you that I enjoyed very much of it. This is a non-option.

Another option that I am thinking about is individual locking of post. But I can't seems to find this function in blogger but I have seen my friend in Wordpress did it. Is this function exclusively for Wordpress or anyone can actually do it, its only that I need a specific HTML script to do so? Hmm, anyone out there who is willing to shed a light about this as well? I am not exactly fully blog-savvy yet. If only I know how to lock the post...grr!!

So here you have it, my piece of my mind. Anyone, feel free to leave comment about this. But of course, its for me to judge which comment is actually useful or not.

-Fin *another long post done woohoo*-

ps: Actually I did consider not to write about this fearing the consequences that might come, but I feel that I need to make clarification about this whole hullabaloo. Plus I need a place to vent about it anyway. The only thing that I am worried now is my personal impression in front of lecturers. I don't exactly wanna look bad in their eyes but I wanna be myself as well. Hopefully it won't compromises my academics or others in the future...

5 comments:

-vincent- said...

OMG! i gave dr.hasuria your number! i seriously did! how did da lecturers found out la abt yr blog? oh damn.. aniswal ain't gonna like u much d dude.. sighs wei!

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

Ohh she asked the number from you. so that's how she got my num...

Actually its quite easy to bump into my blog actually. Type HBT105, BATI or similar keywords that related to us and you will find my blog on top of the search engine...

...but I don't deny the possibility of saboteur though but I wonder who the hell who actually wanna make my life miserable anyway...

The issue had been solved I suppose. I took the questionable post offline already. But if anyone still wanna mess around with me, I will arm my flamethrower! Huzzah!

Anonymous said...

Eh wei.. better watch ur back and of course what you're typing. I know that it isn't really a habit to practice our right of free speech..so use some tack k... Hope this will blow over asap

Nadia said...

omigod im so sorry for you. Ive read your posts and theres nothing wrong wif it, ure just expressing your tak-puas hatiness. but since ure the naib yang dipertua and all , i think its good that u removed the posts

LiZaRdboi_88 said...

its OK Nadia...& I am glad that the whole thing was handled in a civilized manner instead of blowing it up into a huge fiasco.

I do startled by this incident and all but trust me, it won't stop me from experimenting new words and exploring new frontier of blogposting!!!!

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...