The anticipation...is at the CLIMAX...
Its the moment to see whether all of our hard works and toils, every single drop of our sweat and tears (and sometimes blood) for one whole semester were paid off...
...whether the fruit that we will reap is sweet, bitter or sour...
YES...THAT'S THE MOMENT THAT WE HAD BEEN WAITING FOR...
Finally...after the one whole month of NERVE-WRECKING, NAIL-BITING, AGONIZING WAITS, the ashes had FINALLY SETTLED. Our anticipation...is finally answered...
IT'S THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF SEMESTER'S EXAM RESULT!!!!!!
*cue SUPER DRAMATIC MUSIC*
Its the moment to see whether all of our hard works and toils, every single drop of our sweat and tears (and sometimes blood) for one whole semester were paid off...
...whether the fruit that we will reap is sweet, bitter or sour...
YES...THAT'S THE MOMENT THAT WE HAD BEEN WAITING FOR...
Finally...after the one whole month of NERVE-WRECKING, NAIL-BITING, AGONIZING WAITS, the ashes had FINALLY SETTLED. Our anticipation...is finally answered...
IT'S THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF SEMESTER'S EXAM RESULT!!!!!!
*cue SUPER DRAMATIC MUSIC*
Ahahaha!!!! Sorry for the EXCESSIVE DRAMA-ING just now. But as you can see clearly from my tone of writing, I am indeed very excited about this whole announcement-of-result thing. What else can be more comforting than seeing your result with your own eyes, ending all speculation and anticipation that had been lingered around while we are waiting for it. It is obviously GREAT if your result meets your own expectations (or better) as it shows that all your hard work had finally paid off. If your result is somewhat lower than what you actually expect of, there is nothing to be anguish about as it means you need a) to lower your expectation a little bit for a more realistic goals corresponding to your ability and effort and b) WORK YOUR ASS OFF FOR THE COMING SEMESTER. OK, without further a due...let's reveal my result for the last semester *along with personal commentary and musing*!!!!!
First and foremost, the most important one: THE CORE SUBJECTS.
CMM 111- Konsep dan Kemahiran Teknologi Maklumat/Information Technology Concepts and Skills
Grade- A-
Despite how much I disdain this course throughout the previous semester and how little my attention as well as revision for this paper, (heck, I only start to actually read the text book a few days before the actual exam) I manage to pull it through with consistent(not to say the best, but OK) coursework marks and using personal wits, savvy and general knowledge to go through the final exam. (Luckily it was in multiple choice format.) And to tell you the truth, I...kinda missed it...especially when I feel like I wanna understand and explore my computer further...
HBT105- Kaedah Penterjemahan/ Translation Methods
Grade- B+
MAN, I AM ONE HECK OF A LUCKY DUDE especially by looking back on how much I screw myself up through the last semester with bouts of incidents as well as being a little bit clueless on what to study plus dangerous bet on last minute assignment run, I still manage to pull myself through and getting a B+ in the process. Since this paper is coursework orientated (60% coursework, 40% final exam) this also means that I still manage to hang in there in coursework marks while securing a safe amount of marks in the final exam. To tell you the truth, getting this grade is definitely a great motivation boost for me and I am now even more confident in going through the next semester. I will WORK HARD!!!!!
Next, the compulsory university course:
HPW102- Pemikiran Kritis/Critical Thinking
Grade- A-
After so much of mind-boggling brain-twist, solving fallacies and clarifying arguments, the grade earned after this much of hardwork is indeed CRYSTAL CLEAR. Although securing a good grade for the coursework (A-, actually) done its purpose, I need to express my deepest gratitude to Xiang Yi, who taught me the Square of Logical Relativity to me right before exam and clenching 3/4 of the objective questions. Add in more crapping in essays=a semi decent, A-.
SHE101- Hubungan Etnik/Ethnic Relation
Grade- A-
Looks like Dr. Siti Hajar which is my SHE101 coordinator for the project is nice to us up to the end!!! (this is a coursework oriented paper as well.) Terima Kasih, Dr!!!!! A deep thanks to all my teammates (MingWei, SanJing and ShuJun+MingChee for the 2nd trip to Little India) for being a great help, filling in the gap of my personal inability. Excursion to Little India was really FUN!!!!!
Last but not least, the language courses:
LSP401- General English/Bahasa Inggeris Am
Grade- A-
LOL Did my HARDCORE CRAPPING in the essay (Woman makes better teacher. Discuss) which tread the line of sanity as well as raving on gender perception actually left some impression on the examiners? Or the other parts of that paper pull the grades through? Or maybe its the coursework mark (A-, again) that left an positive impact in the grade. No matter what it is, I am contented about achieving this grade for my English...now I can move on and take various advance English course in the future!!!!
LLJ200- Bahasa Jepun Pertengahan/Intermediate Japanese
Grade- A
やった、やった!!!!前学期はたくさん新しい単語と動詞があって、忙しいので、あまり勉強しなくて、ちょっと難しかったと思いますが、日本語を勉強する事はずっと楽しかったよ!!!みんなさん、来学期もがんばりましょう!!!!
LAE100- Bahasa Sepanyol 1/Spanish Language 1
Grade- B+
Phew! Luckily I can pull it through for Spanish after trying to memorize too much of verbos, adjectivos and aspectos gramaticales. Looks like the strategy of remembering the most common nouns and verbs paid off after all. Yo puedo estudiar espanol para "next semester" pero level 200 de espanol es un poco dificil...nevertheless, I think I will take it again in the coming semester.
So in the end, the total grades are: 1A, 4A- and 2B+. Not too shabby in my opinion!
CGPA and Dean's list: Here's the snitch: there are two ways to determine the CGPA, which is the overall one (all subjects) and the AT (for core subject only). Personally, I am not too sure which one they used as the guideline of CGPA for Dean's list (3.5 and above is Dean List's) because my actual grade for core subjects was decreased (My grade for more core subjects last semester are A and B+) despite the overall increase of the total CGPA. But one thing though, I am still very hopeful in getting a Dean's list for this semester. FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE CANGRED and SEMGRED!!!!!! OR someone teach me the correct formula in counting the CGPA? (I know there is one.)
Overall? I AM VERY SATISFIED with what I get and I am even more readier to take on the next academic year. The only thing I am hopeful right now is that the slews of activities and commitment starting next semester will not wear me down too much...IT WILL BE AN UPSTREAM BATTLE against stress next semester, FOR SURE. FINGERS CROSSED *again* in getting through next year without scathed!!!!!
Epilogue: I wonder how the other doin with their result? And I wonder when I will actually settle down and get myself a digital cam? Its almost the end of May already and I will be going back soon to USM again for PPMS!!! Ahoy, juniors and welcome aboard to orientation week!!!!!!!!
6 comments:
CGPA is equal (total quality pointed earned thus far)/ (total of credit hours attempted thus far), total quality point is ur course grade times credit of tis 2 sem....i think tis may help u...
Thanks for the info, TaukeLip!!!!
hey u have any spanish notes or stuff that i can look at? heheh wanna know what i'm getting myself into ;p
What i have is just the text book from pusat bahasa for the LAE100. i can lend you to see lar but i think i will still be needing it next semester...*wink*
hahah ok ok nvm then ;p basically wat do u learn for the whole course?
basic stuff (learning new words and such) with priority on understanding the grammatical aspect like formation of verbs and making simple sentence.
...and the fact that this level only touches present tense means that there are more coming up in the next level for me...
Post a Comment