Wednesday, 7 May 2008

ZheRong@Home: Nasi Biryani as lunch.

Prologue: Its boring at home!!!! But most of my friend are still across the pond facing exam...I am waiting for all of you to come home!!!!!

Today, my mom ordered me to cook nasi biryani for lunch (tsk.) and she left a RM10 bills on the fridge as well as a note on what to buy (actually, only need to buy 3 chicken wings. My mom bought the Maggi Biryani Mix already) as well as heat up the soup for lunch. So after I bought the chicken wing, (after kolo mee as breakfast and detour to my uncle's shop to buy battery...for digital camera LOLX) let's starts cooking!!! (kinda nervous though cos I suck in cooking...)

This is Maggi Biryani Mix, teared open for preparation. Our household choice in cooking Nasi Biryani.
Since I love to eat onion and garlic, I chopped up a couple cloves of it just to fry it up and add a little aroma to it. The onions tears me up, however.
While the chicken wings are washed clean to be cooked later. Despite the fact that chicken skin is full of cholesterol, I didn't de-skinned it because I don't know how...
Heat up the oil to fry the chopped onions and garlic in wok...
...and let the frying begin!!! Nice aroma!!!
The Biryani Mix was then added into and followed by a small amount of water. Stirred, simmered and a yellowish paste mixture with aroma of spices was created. (Actually, this is not what they stated in the instructions. It just so happen that my family follow this way all the time...)
Its time to wash the rice as well. And yeah, that fat, left hand is mine.
After 3 rounds of washing, the paste was then added to the rice, add water until the level suitable to cook, mix it around evenly and then the chicken wings were put into the cooking pot to let it cook together with the rice.
Into the rice cooker it goes, switch it on and wait for around half an hour...or something.
After half an hour...ITS DONE!!!! But...ALL THE CHOPPED ONIONS AND GARLICS ARE ON TOP OF THE RICE INSTEAD OF MIXED AROUND WITH THE RICE!!!! And the colors was kinda...light instead of the usual shiny golden yellow. Looks like...almost FAIL.
Oh well, its my lunch anyway so I ate a plate of Nasi Biryani with a piece of chicken wing. *EAT* Hey, the taste was not too shabby after all. And that pot of nasi biryani lasted well into the evening for dinner just now (it also mean one job less for me!! No need to cook again for the dinner)...looks like its not a bad decision to cook extra after all...even it taste kinda BLAND. Better brush up my cooking skill next time!

Epilogue: I wanna go out!!!!!! My fellow friend across the pond: PLEASE COME BACK ASAP!!!! *cry* *Ehh? I make the same point again in prologue here?* *Desperado UNLEASHED!!!*

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...