Saturday, 24 May 2008

Photopost: Macaroni as lunch.

Prologue: I don't know why, ever since I put photo on my blog (you know, since I am at home currently and using family digital cam to take pictures), I kinda feel that my ability to come out with a long, quality blogpost which is heavy on detail is rusting away slowly...maybe its EASIER to let the picture do the talking but one way or the other, it makes you feel...LAZIER. Maybe its just me but you know, we do not bring our cam 24/7, but our senses and brains are...BUT THEN camera exist to capture the special moment in physical form and that's something good as well...maybe I will just try to balance between pictures and word. One way or the other, I miss lengthy post...*perplexed mind in motion*


Since today (Friday, May 23rd) my younger brother (the 3rd one among the siblings) is staying back at home because his school (Kuching High) is having school level teacher's day celebration, my mom decided that she will let us settle our lunch ourselves. (Plus ever since she transferred to Lundu, she can't come back for lunch anyway so we have absolute freedom for our lunch this time. As for my youngest brother though who don't like tomato flavour, we cooked instant noodle for him instead. In other words, this lunch is ALL TO OURSELVES. *Happy Dance*) And so, me and my brother decided that we will cook ourselves MACARONI!!!! Here comes step-by-step pictorial accord of THE MAKING OF MACARONI including THE SAUCE.

First of all is the preparation of ingredients: Macaroni (what else, DUH!), meat ball (Asian version not European version LOL) sliced into halves, and chopped garlic. While I was busy preparing these part of ingredient, my younger brother was busy playing computer upstairs *tsk*. The arrogance of the MAIN CHEF. But oh well, he is MUCH better in cooking than I do so he will be handling the sauce while I do the easy part.
Boiling the water to cook the macaroni. And as you can see from this picture, we are typical Asian family: we use WOK for EVERYTHING. EVEN IN COOKING WESTERN STYLE DISHES.
The macaroni was left to boil in the boiling water until it was well done. A spoon of salt was added as well. I used half a bag of macaroni that we have and my brother is complaining that its too much...BUT I WANNA BE FULL!!!!
Macaroni, well done and left aside. On a second thought...it does look...A LOT. Oh well.
Many people says that THE SAUCE is the real essence of making a bowl of TASTY pasta...introducing the main character of today's cooking: Prego Pasta Sauce: Fresh Mushroom!!!!
As we are getting ready to cook the sauce, my brother feels like add in REAL MEAT BALL made of real MINCED MEAT (chicken, btw) into the sauce. But due to my brother EXTRA-VIGOROUS MINCING...the meat ends up like a liquify goo...hmm...
Anyway, the chopped garlic was fried first to create extra aroma, a couple spoonful or three pasta sauce was added into the wok, a cup of hot water was added to increased the amount of sauce and a little more seasoning by adding sugar and salt according to our taste and stir. Last but not least, the meatballs (pre-made and the minced meat) was added into the boiling sauce and cooked.
Since we are lazy to put the sauce onto the macaroni and with fear that the stove might end up very messy, we just throw the cooked macaroni in mix around evenly and put it in a large bowl.
The end product: a hearty bowl of made-it-ourselves macaroni. Quite tasty actually but maybe the amount of sauce was not enough. (or I cooked too much of macaroni...) And in the end, my brother totally despised the meat ball he made himself and instead throw every single meatball that he have to me...not that I mind haha!

Will there be more chance for made-it-ourselves specialty dishes? Will I actually master more cooking skill? Let us find out, next time...

-Fin-

Epilogue: Had been doing some walking around town today with my younger brother to kill time before I went to school to pick up my youngest bro from teacher's day celeb. Found out that Pizza Hut can be more worthwhile than KFC. Survey was done in a few electrical appliances store on digital camera as well as camera handphone. Actually, I was considering of a good camera phone to do all the phototaking and such since having a separate digital camera=extra stuff to carry...but the problem is, the phone that I have now is still working its basic purpose (as in making phonecall) properly. Plus I am still stingy on budget as well. Hmm...maybe I should bought a new phone after all? or should I stick with digital cam? *divided feeling...in MOTION*

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...