Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Mother's day dinner at Kenny Roger Boulevard Mall, Kuching.

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to my mom (You are the greatest!!!) as well as all mothers across the globe. Without mother, where are we in life? Mother's day: Celebration of Motherhood and Womanhood, cherishing the virtues, values and all things good about being a mother...

So during Mother's Day, the whole family decided that we should try something new for a change. Hence, we decided (but my younger bro suggested) that we will have our mother day's dinner at Kenny Rogers at Boulevard Mall, right after picking up my younger bro from tuition at PBK. This time, I will let the pic do the talking while showing all the good wholesome food at Kenny Roger's!!!!

First to serve is their house muffin (here chocolate and vanilla) which came along with the set plate. Quite rich!
My Ice lemon tea.
And my younger bro's drink which is name Autumn or something...didn't catch it's name. Its Coke with Ice cream float.
That's my youngest bro's Quarter Chicken Set, with two lumps of Marshed Potato and Macaroni and cheese as sides.
That's my younger bro's Quarter Chicken Set, with Pasta Salad, Mac and Cheese and Marshed Potato as sides.
And this is my dad's Quarter chicken set, with Mac and cheese, Marshed Potato and Coleslaw.
This is mine, Beef Spaghetti Bolognaise!!! Yummy!!!!!
And my extra side order, Pasta Salad. I love the crunchy red pepper!!!
What's left of my youngest bro's plate...and he didn't manage to finish up the marshed Potato and mac and cheese because he was full by the chicken alone.
My younger bro's plate. Pretty clean.
And what's left on my dad's. And that plate on the side is what's left of mine spaghetti. Very filling indeed!!!!

Ok, now that the good food is over, let me get something out of my chest now. And this one will be nasty and pure rant...

Just to be frank, without the food, the whole dinner was nothing but ALMOST DISASTER and a TOTAL LET DOWN. IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE (even my parent) HAD GONE ALL THE WAY JUST TO MAKE ME ANAL. In fact, my anal-ness start right from the moment we step into the premise...

The tick off starts when the waiter seems to be puzzled when I say a table for 5. (Ok, maybe I shouldn't say that cos no one will understand anyway, or my voice is too soft...) Then as the waiter lead us in for table, instead of putting us at the nice diner seat along the wall (while pulling one extra chair from any table for the extra person), the waiter joined two 4 seater's table in the middle...and didn't bother to remove or rearrange the extra chairs properly. I had to rearrange the one extra seat. (the combined seating capacity of joined table: six person, while my family have five people) And the way my family seated was seriously INCONGRUOUS AND UNBALANCED. I mean, two end that is occupied but unbalanced sides?!

Next is the orders of food. And so, we came to decision on what to order. One by one, we placed our order's and when its my turn to order, the waitress seems to have no clue or misunderstood my intention of ordering extra sides (again maybe its my bad for miscommunication) as the sides in the Quarter Chicken set, saying that spaghetti set doesn't offer sides in the set. Only after a couple of reclarification then the message got through. *tsk* And my parent's concern about the price doesn't not make me happy either. CAN'T WE JUST ORDER AND EAT?! (I know its a parent's responsibility in keeping tab on financial situation but...OK fine, I get it!!!) But you know what happens next? The waiter came back like a couple of time that they are out of this sides and whatever. Had to recheck the menu again for the sides. I know that its already 9 something and you people are ready to close or whatever, but seriously, its getting on my nerve!!!! Just to add the fuel to my anal-ness, my mom obviously sense it and want me to say...and keep on pressing and forcing me to say it OUT!!! MOM, I WANNA HAVE MY DINNER quietly BUT YOU ARE JUST MAKING ME MORE ANAL BY PRESSING ON.

After much hassle, finally the drinks and the muffin are coming...BUT WAITER RUINED IT BY SPILLING OVER MY ICE LEMON TEA. SERIOUSLY, THE WHOLE SMALL TRAY FLIPPED OFF HIS PALM DUE TO UNBALANCED WEIGHT OF THE GLASS AT ONE SIDE!!! AND YOU KNOW WHERE IT LANDED? ON MY DAD'S PANT'S LEFT SIDE. ALL OF IT. I swear that my face was PITCH BLACK on that moment. MY DRINK ON MY DAD'S PANT=FURIOUS. The obviously SHOCKED waiter wipe off the stain from my father's leg that has little help anyway. Only after that we were relocated to other seats. To tell you the truth, I am so furious that I half-banged the table while I lift myself up from the seat.

FINALLY, we are settled on another table and the food came, one by one. And I thought that the thing will finally settle down and I can have my dinner properly. BUT HELL NO, IT WENT FURTHER TO INCUR OUR WRATH: the LATE-COMING order, namely my pasta salad (EVEN SALAD CAN BE LATE WTF) and MY MOM'S a-la-carte Quarter Chicken. And besides that, apparently the waiter didn't hear my youngest bro's order of drink. (but's money saved according to mom so we leave it to that) Now, do you people know why my mom's food was not featured in any of the picture? BEC.AUSE IT NEVER CAME EVEN AFTER EVERYONE FINISHED OUR MEAL. Me and my dad (he raise his voice) were SERIOUSLY FURIOUS about this and IN THE END, we canceled my mom's order all together (just when they finally emerge with that piece of chicken) and head home. In the end, all of them apologized profusely and gave us discount in the bill...BUT the DAMAGE IS DONE already. My mom, being a nice lady did have the courtesy to ask nicely to them what happen. The waiter: THE CHICKEN WAS JAMMED IN OVEN. *rolleyes*

Even though this is an isolated case, but to tell the truth they are an embarrassment for failing to achieve even agreeable standard of service to their customer. Due to this otherwise HORRID experience, I won't find myself having a meal at that particular premise for a long time. Congratulation to Kenny Roger Boulevard Mall Kuching for making me SUPER-ANAL.

-The end-

ps: What a rant! I can tolerate almost anything except things that will ruin my culinary/dining moment...take note of that, people.

No comments:

Read More.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...